We're missing some guys....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's great! After we get rid of the unwanted dogs can we start sending you other unwanted things? Like some of our people? How 'bout some of our politicians? Some of our really hot summer temperatures and a good dose of polluted air? We have thousands of career welfare recipients and people working phony disability shucks, too. I'll bet they'd love Seattle.

This may be the start of a real good trend!

Last edited:

Chi-hua-huas were very popular a few years ago all over Cali. But like most things down here people got tired of them and abandoned them like they were a beanie baby. Or a baby. (A friend of mine's 15yo daughter has her 1 yo son up for sale. Yes it is legal.) Many pit bulls have suffered the same fate, abandonment. (Pit bulls are associated with drugs).

In addition it usually costs well over $200.00 to adopt a dog from a shelter. Shelters "rescue" dogs then kill them, all with my tax dollars. We are a throw-away society.

dtom.jpg

Hell yeah I like that Gadsden
Cool house mang, what's the R-factor on that ##### ;):hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Depends on how much hay you stuff in your clothes:laugh:

those damn coasties'll be along in a minute with some more sheep jokes. I mean, Jesus, it's not like we're from the Dakotas or Wyoming or even the east side of the mountains. I have most of my teeth, no facial scabs, rarely beat my wife, and don't have 1500 antelope in my front yard :hmm3grin2orange:

those damn coasties'll be along in a minute with some more sheep jokes. I mean, Jesus, it's not like we're from the Dakotas or Wyoming or even the east side of the mountains. I have most of my teeth, no facial scabs, rarely beat my wife, and don't have 1500 antelope in my front yard :hmm3grin2orange:

you guys up there are ok i guess , the lack of oxygen from the altitude probably explains a few thing though.;)

I worked with a heavy accented guy from West Dakota. Or, as he pronounced it, West Dasota. I believe the Sidney/Froid area? He had some good slips in terminology. On a field trip discussing cutting all the dying lodgepole...We need to sodomize the stand. (sodimize instead of sanitize). Were those Froidian Slips?

"The computer moninor is broken."

"Fly up one of those wet drippy things."--on a fire, ordering a wet drippy thing..I can't think of the name either.

There were two pages of terminology that were kept by his co-workers and sent to where ever he transferred to. It was done in good humor, and we carried on the tradition. The guy was good to work with and actually liked to spend time in the woods. Another saying from him? "A man can never have too many refrigerators."

Now go out and check up on those sheep. Take a Chihuahua with you.

I worked with a heavy accented guy from West Dakota. Or, as he pronounced it, West Dasota. I believe the Sidney/Froid area? He had some good slips in terminology. On a field trip discussing cutting all the dying lodgepole...We need to sodomize the stand. (sodimize instead of sanitize). Were those Froidian Slips?

"The computer moninor is broken."

"Fly up one of those wet drippy things."--on a fire, ordering a wet drippy thing..I can't think of the name either.

There were two pages of terminology that were kept by his co-workers and sent to where ever he transferred to. It was done in good humor, and we carried on the tradition. The guy was good to work with and actually liked to spend time in the woods. Another saying from him? "A man can never have too many refrigerators."

Now go out and check up on those sheep. Take a Chihuahua with you.

By God, that's a new one on me :D

Chi-hua-huas were very popular a few years ago all over Cali. But like most things down here people got tired of them and abandoned them like they were a beanie baby. Or a baby. (A friend of mine's 15yo daughter has her 1 yo son up for sale. Yes it is legal.) Many pit bulls have suffered the same fate, abandonment. (Pit bulls are associated with drugs).

In addition it usually costs well over $200.00 to adopt a dog from a shelter. Shelters "rescue" dogs then kill them, all with my tax dollars. We are a throw-away society.

W. . . T. . . F????? :msp_ohmy:

Get out now. . . Before they take you body too!!

attachment.php

Does the other side of that flag say, "SOS"? :biggrin:

BTW, we'll send you more supplies before the river ice leaves so we don't have to do an air drop. :laugh:

Yessir
50 lbs. of beans
50 lbs. rice
40 lbs. Pemmican
15 lbs. sugar
mirrors, beads, blue cloth, knives, and copper kettles for trade goods and whatnot

Sorry bout all them sheep jokes! No, not really but it is funny how any time we are talking about "those people" the conversation always come back to sheep. I guess I'd be mad too if people were making jokes about my family.

Sorry bout all them sheep jokes! No, not really but it is funny how any time we are talking about "those people" the conversation always come back to sheep. I guess I'd be mad too if people were making jokes about my family.

:hmm3grin2orange:

A friend of mine wrote a song about trying to adopt a dog. He was at a bluegrass festival, and had been drinking beers a bit. He is a banjo player, and looks the part. So, he and another guy started over to a burger place, to get some food in their tummies. They saw 3 cars, full of little dogs in crates. He said there were righteous women standing and holding some of the little dogs. He proceeded to go over and talk to the righteous women. They informed him in a righteous manner that they had just "rescued" the dogs.

My friend is a Dog Talker. He says he is not a whisperer, he prefers to talk to dogs in a normal voice. He says if he wasn't married, he'd have about 40 dogs. Dogs take to him. He and his wife live out in the middle of the woods, no neighbors, with elk, deer, and cow poop for dogs to roll in. It is a dream place for dogs. They have taken care of all my dogs at times, out on their place and my dogs have acted like they were on vacation. I take The Used Dog out there so my friend can get a Lab fix. He has been a Lab guy but they downsized to a little Schnauzer.

He offers to take a dog off their hands--a terrier type. He likes terriers. They are affronted and point out that he is a complete stranger. They know nothing of his background. They take the dog away and tell him he can apply for adoption at the humane society.

He told me the story and I said those women had prevented a dog from going to the ultimate dog friendly place. Probably the best home ever.

A friend of mine wrote a song about trying to adopt a dog. He was at a bluegrass festival, and had been drinking beers a bit. He is a banjo player, and looks the part. So, he and another guy started over to a burger place, to get some food in their tummies. They saw 3 cars, full of little dogs in crates. He said there were righteous women standing and holding some of the little dogs. He proceeded to go over and talk to the righteous women. They informed him in a righteous manner that they had just "rescued" the dogs.

My friend is a Dog Talker. He says he is not a whisperer, he prefers to talk to dogs in a normal voice. He says if he wasn't married, he'd have about 40 dogs. Dogs take to him. He and his wife live out in the middle of the woods, no neighbors, with elk, deer, and cow poop for dogs to roll in. It is a dream place for dogs. They have taken care of all my dogs at times, out on their place and my dogs have acted like they were on vacation. I take The Used Dog out there so my friend can get a Lab fix. He has been a Lab guy but they downsized to a little Schnauzer.

He offers to take a dog off their hands--a terrier type. He likes terriers. They are affronted and point out that he is a complete stranger. They know nothing of his background. They take the dog away and tell him he can apply for adoption at the humane society.

He told me the story and I said those women had prevented a dog from going to the ultimate dog friendly place. Probably the best home ever.

Meh, dog adoption is getting ridiculous. Background check, "facility" checks, income checks.

Had a buddy that wanted a Weimaraner, he had to fly back east and stay with the breeder (on his dime), so they could interview him. Then he had to pay $1,200 for the dog, and pay to get the dog back here. He also had to provide proof of income, pictures of his "facilites", etc.

I think it's easier to adopt children. . . Or buy them according to Kookafornia laws. :msp_sneaky:

Meh, dog adoption is getting ridiculous. Background check, "facility" checks, income checks.

Had a buddy that wanted a Weimaraner, he had to fly back east and stay with the breeder (on his dime), so they could interview him. Then he had to pay $1,200 for the dog, and pay to get the dog back here. He also had to provide proof of income, pictures of his "facilites", etc.

I think it's easier to adopt children. . . Or buy them according to Kookafornia laws. :msp_sneaky:

I agree, my dog is coming from the Mountain Trader and costing less than 75.00
They do make it harder to adopt a damn mutt than adopting a child
Also, I'll be damned straight to hell before I give a red cent to HSUS, bunch of anti hunting/trapping bastards
and another ####in thing: they don't even have any decent dogs to adopt anymore, if you go to their webpage and look under "adoptable dogs" it's just a bunch of ####in pitbulls (if spotted within range of my house and not on a leash, well, I just start shooting and figure it's self defense)

In my county if you adopt an animal you have to sign a waiver giving up your 4th amendment rights and allow warrantless searches at any time by the County. All in the name of animal safety. The only way the animals can be made safer is to kill them. Oh yeah that already happens.

Our county is pretty easy. I was expecting it to be difficult and I was expecting them to tell me it was too cruel to keep a cat out of the house. Nope. I just had to pay $40 for the Grapple Cat at the Home and Garden Show. They had tutored him and given him shots so it was worth it. He's earned it back.

The Used Dog was found in The Shopper for free. He was untutored.

In my county if you adopt an animal you have to sign a waiver giving up your 4th amendment rights and allow warrantless searches at any time by the County. All in the name of animal safety. The only way the animals can be made safer is to kill them. Oh yeah that already happens.

Bill, the more you post about it, the more I highly dislike your state. :laugh:

Bill, the more you post about it, the more I highly dislike your state. :laugh:

There's different parts. The part I lived in, it was customary to reopen the grocery store at 2AM by driving your vehicle through the door. Or tossing a concrete block through the window also worked. Cigarettes and beer wait for nobody.

Latest posts

Back