Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a stihl 192t that's a decent runner I'll bring if anyones looking for one. I like the idea of a little swap meeting going on too and will bring some odds and ends along with the saws in my sig.

What's the tentative time that everyones showing up?
I was thinking 11am
should I bring my climbing gear lol

We will be there about 8:30 am with saws a couple tables and a canopy oh yea and chairs and trading stock and cash.......

I checked weather.com and the forecast isn't so good. 3-5"snow on Friday, rain showers Saturday, and snow showers Sunday. I plan on being there rain or shine. Just can't bring as much stuff with me.

Bailey's in the house! Tons of stuff in this one. Mufflers, MS260 gas tank, sweet loggers helmet, a very nice book, Dolmar 7900 HD kit, some clothing, catalogs and a bunch of other stuff!

001g.jpg
002j.jpg

003.jpg
004g.jpg
005nx.jpg

Bailey's in the house! Tons of stuff in this one. Mufflers, MS260 gas tank, sweet loggers helmet, a very nice book, Dolmar 7900 HD kit, some clothing, catalogs and a bunch of other stuff!

001g.jpg
002j.jpg

003.jpg
004g.jpg
005nx.jpg

What that handle for in the bottom pic? Is that for a Dolmar by any chance? Ah I missed it it was happy thinking on my part its for an MS260,oh well.

I'm about 20 miles north of Wampum and the weather has been terrible. Nonstop rain and flood warnings have turned into a forecast of 4-8 inches of snow by 7 p.m. Friday. Hoping things will improve for Saturday.

so whats the plan? still on for saturday?

Its suppose to snow tonight and tomorrow. Saturday is suppose to be pretty nice with a high in the mid to upper 40's,with a chance of late showers. I believe I have all my bases covered and do not want to postpone the date. The only thing I can not control is the weather,but even if we put it off,it may rain that day.The mud is there if you get to far of the road. But I think I can still park about 2 dozen cars on solid ground and the others can park along the road,if needed. I have a tent set up over the cutting area,with out the legs on the tent. My hope is to try to keep that area dry. One member close by says he is bringing straw. I have a rented port-a-john rented for the week end,I also have 5 dozen donuts ordered,along with 25 packages of hot dog buns and hot dogs bought and here.I believe I can seat about 30 to 35 on the back porch,and will have a couple kerosene heaters going on the porch. A fire will be by the cutting and splitting area. So as far as I am concerned it is still on,unless the majority feels other wise. Dress accordingly.

Its suppose to snow tonight and tomorrow. Saturday is suppose to be pretty nice with a high in the mid to upper 40's,with a chance of late showers. I believe I have all my bases covered and do not want to postpone the date. The only thing I can not control is the weather,but even if we put it off,it may rain that day.The mud is there if you get to far of the road. But I think I can still park about 2 dozen cars on solid ground and the others can park along the road,if needed. I have a tent set up over the cutting area,with out the legs on the tent. My hope is to try to keep that area dry. One member close by says he is bringing straw. I have a rented port-a-john rented for the week end,I also have 5 dozen donuts ordered,along with 25 packages of hot dog buns and hot dogs bought and here.I believe I can seat about 30 to 35 on the back porch,and will have a couple kerosene heaters going on the porch. A fire will be by the cutting and splitting area. So as far as I am concerned it is still on,unless the majority feels other wise. Dress accordingly.

Remember WKPoor's last GTG Wampum? It was in the teens and probably had negative wind chills. We manned through it though and had fun.

Remember WKPoor's last GTG Wampum? It was in the teens and probably had negative wind chills. We manned through it though and had fun.

Sure did,I am sure all that come will have a great time. By the way you did a great job getting those items from the sponsors. We owe all of those sponsors our thanks and I for one will through some business at them.

It's supposed to be nice.

Chance of precipitation is down to 20%

Very little snow down here, so far, about 30 miles south of you.

I'm in

Chris

Just puttering about this morning, rethinking what saws to bring.
The 2153 and it's counterpart in orange. A 2171 and a orange edition too. The 2188 and Oh! dont have a 390xp yet.
Sure are alot of domated goodies. The Husky grab bags will come in handy. Might stop by the local hardware store and see if I can get a few more.

It's supposed to be nice.

Chance of precipitation is down to 20%

Very little snow down here, so far, about 30 miles south of you.

I'm in

Chris

Chris,It is snowing with a passion here. They would have loved it for the Winter Classic.I have seen this so many times snowing like crazy here and 10 miles away its like Hawaii(just Kidding). I will get out later after it stops and do some plowing. They say it will be nice tomorrow,it will just look pretty up here with the snow. I am with-in 2 miles of the Turnpike and 376(New Castle, Ellwood exit) and 4 miles from the Beaver Valley exit. So the roads should all be great,Possum Hollow will be the worse,but I expect it to be taken care of. Looking forward to meeting new friends and greeting old ones.

Update on the weather. Right now we have about 4 to 6 inches of snow. I am going to plow shortly because this looks like this is over. The good news is that the weather for tomorrow is going to be cloudy with no rain or snow forecast. And get this, a high of 49 degrees. I am going to plow a parking lot at a local Game Lands,if we have too we will shuttle folks to and from that lot. I still feel I can park up to 2 dozen cars here with no problem. The shuttle would be if we get more cars then that.I just wanted to mention Possum hollow road is clear,all the roads at this time are in great shape.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this gtg I am hoping that someone there can help a newbie tune a MM ms310 I just can't seem to hear what you guys hear on those videos :msp_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back