whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at this half dead POS oak, guy wants to save it??:bang: OK, who here thinks I could just trim this up and walk away?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

900 series greenteeth. I ground the stump in 3 levels. Had to change all the teeth out, and then rotate some later on too.

Wow 5 hours! Thats crazy, what was the price on that sucker if you dont mind my asking? Or was it part of the removal?

900 series greenteeth. I ground the stump in 3 levels. Had to change all the teeth out, and then rotate some later on too.

Must have been 2 levels too many :msp_sneaky: I'm still using regular rounded teeth on mine and would have been pissed if that took more than an hour. I don't let them get very dull before I change them though.

Must have been 2 levels too many :msp_sneaky: I'm still using regular rounded teeth on mine and would have been pissed if that took more than an hour. I don't let them get very dull before I change them though.

Teeth werent dull. I ground out about 18" - 20" vertical of stump.

I have the same grinder but a few years older. Did a stump about that size last year, 4.5 hrs I only went 4 inch below ground with green teeth. I said never again. 25 hp is just not enough for them big stumps.

I have never run one to answer that question , I think 55 is the least though , I heard the elevators are expensive to maintain

to maintain and own, very significant price difference. 55ft would have to be the bare minimum if you wanna be working on 80 foot trees its not gonna get you to far. I truthfully dont use the elevator to much just run it like a regular bucket, usually 60 foot is high enough to rig from. but its nice to have the extra when you need it instead of all the other crazy crap you would have to do. just saves you alot of time. where they really shine is when your doing crane removal you can use the bucket to set the slings on a fairly large tree.

Just cleaned prepared 6 saws from 023 to 310 and all the PPE gear for basic handling and cross cut training next week. Its really sad,:msp_sad: I gets them all neat sharp n good to go then let complete newbies run the guts out and dig the dirt with em. More often even with my best supervision by 1/2 time i got plenty of saws to show n tell how to sharpen and maintain.. :msp_smile:

This week was insane starting last Saturday when we had a storm go thru, 3 big insurance jobs and 4 scheduled removals this week, did 3 14 hr days. Worked with another companies bucket truck on a few. Looking like a good rest of the year! Some big jobs lined up right til the end of November now!:msp_thumbup:

This was a scheduled silver maple removal, we were more then half done at this point, on a lean over towards the neighbour's property. Plus the new owners putting in a new cottage. Slammed it out in under 2 hours, then he had us take down 2 50' Ash trees. Chip truck was filled. That's when I got the call from the insurance company, 4 stemmed Red Oak split at the base went 4 different ways, one on a building, one took out the neighbour's brand new tractor, the other 2 were hanging on by a thread! Lot's of pics, will post it in the picture forum.......oh yes I got some video just for u know who (I am not going there anymore and don't want any bs flak)

Latest posts

Back