whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always been good with 60ft, if I needed more. I just set my line from the bucket and climbed the rest. Then had a groundie bring it down from the lower controls, and get it out of the way. However, have always wanted a elevator!

Pruned 3 yesterday, had this ash, I should have bid more, didn't loose my but or anything, but missed the amount of deadwood in that thing, holy crap! Couldn't leave it tho, had to do er right. Some of them blend in to damn good, in the upper canopy. Missed some decent sized branches at the bid. He got his money worth! I hate deadwood in ash trees, they grab EVERTHING!

60' work height is fine for the average takedown.. assuming you're any good, can rig with poles and aren't affraid to make the big cuts. There are always gonna be those trees that laugh at a 60 footer, but thats why they make spikes for.

Did too much on a lightly sprained ankle yesterday, now I'm screwed! Looks like you poor bastards are gonna be stuck with me for the weekend.. can hardly even drive, as everything I own is a standard and it's my left foot. Grr.. can't even run bids like this!!

I fully intend to do everything in my power to not get banned!! lol.

A few more from weds and a tiny oak we had to trim in a city alley was quite a pain the ass
yrebysa6.jpg
hu2ehypa.jpg
azuhuta8.jpg

Finished up the storm damaged tree. Worked a 14 hour day today. My buddy came out with his crane, and 18 wheeler to pickup the wood. Biggest stump i have ever ground. 5'8" diameter where we started grinding. It took about 5 hours to grind it out with my 1625asjr. Came home exhausted and they some lady rear ended me on my way to pick up pizza. Had my first ride in the ambulance. Necks sore, but gotta get up and do another long day tomorrow.
attachment.php

attachment.php

252831d1347606649-morrow6-jpg

252832d1347606650-morrow7-jpg

252828d1347606644-morrow8-jpg

That was the first real stick I did since you and NC came and helped me with that poplar down here. First crane job in at least 5 years. I had a piece of wood flip and almost take me out:msp_rolleyes:

Worked on removing this mulberry on Friday. Grinded the stump and topsoiled and seeded Yesturday. The stump was 8' x 7'. Took about 4 hours to grind. Used the topsoil as a ramp to load all the grindings in the trailer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Broke my left index finger yesterday doing storm cleanup on an oak. I was set up in the road but there was lots of Amish buggy traffic and we had to keep throttling the chipper back because it was scaring the horses. We decided to move into the yard to get the rest. Couldn't reach a couple 3 ft. stubs I'd left from the lift so I climbed out to whack them. Cut the top one with my hand on the lower one. Stupid. Pretty clean break I guess 'cause there's not a lot of pain. Just that bone grinding against bone feeling. Lots of work booked. This isn't going to be good.
Phil

That was the first real stick I did since you and NC came and helped me with that poplar down here. First crane job in at least 5 years. I had a piece of wood flip and almost take me out:msp_rolleyes:

Nice job danno! What are you doing in the last pic, "working the tips"?

At first I thought jarod was hitting the Slim Fast, or something! :hmm3grin2orange:

Just got a call from a customer, gotta run out and look at a good sized poplar takedown. This being a respectable member of society thing ain't such a bad deal. Huh, go figure..

My favorite is waving to the Pigs on occaision, that one still gets me! Hahaha..

Glad your ok Danno, what was the height of that crane? Good job. I've been working so much with cranes lately, it's a weird feeling when we don't have one at a job site now!;)

Latest posts

Back