whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out and did a small prune job, then came back to the lot, next door has a new house, builder wanted me to take out a white pine next to it, set up on it and then noticed the property line marker, tree was on other neighbors property! Stopped and got out of there! Need to point this out, but think he already knows and was hoping I didn't notice. That could have been real bad!

Did pretty good with the new guy yesterday. I actually taught him quite a few useful things.. I wanted to shoot myself while doing it, but I did it. He actually picked up quicker than I expected. Go figure.

Went out with one ton and pickup carrying tools. I almost like the old Chevy better than the IH. Lol. Kinda nice to do some climbing for a change lately too. Going after the takedown next door today (now that this guy can run a porty and tie stuff on).

Last edited:
Picked up the steel for my new chipper intake chute. The bottom is gonna be 5/16" thick and the sides and top 1/4" with 1" square tube on the edges. I drew up the new chute in cad. The existing chute is shown in white, new chute i am going to build in red/ blue.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Picked up the steel for my new chipper intake chute. The bottom is gonna be 5/16" thick and the sides and top 1/4" with 1" square tube on the edges. I drew up the new chute in cad. The existing chute is shown in white, new chute i am going to build in red/ blue.

Is that on the Morbark?

Is that on the Morbark?

Yeah. Its a 85 Morbark 200

My chute is pretty small compaired to my friends 200 series chipper and to a new one. When i get brush with wide branch unions, the chipper is very finicky. I welded on new feed roller teeth, and that made a huge difference but I thought it would be cheaper to make a new chute rather then buy a new $40,000 chipper.

attachment.php

My chute is pretty small compaired to my friends 200 series chipper and to a new one. When i get brush with wide branch unions, the chipper is very finicky. I welded on new feed roller teeth, and that made a huge difference but I thought it would be cheaper to make a new chute rather then buy a new $40,000 chipper.

I see now, your chutes' not right. Good luck

attachment.php

Lol.. I see now, its like attack of the ##### chippers!! :laugh:

Here's mine hitting the packie!! Hahaha..

View attachment 254266

Last edited:

I see now, your chutes' not right. Good luck

You got any pics of your chipper?

attachment.php

I thought the intake sucked on my 200 but yours is a wack, must be the kiddie proof version a lot farther in to the wheels then mine

9agupy5y.jpg
I bought this 10 years ago put 3600hrs on it since , can't kill and it still looks good no hiding how ####ty it is with a coat of paint it is the original paint too !

Back