whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm let's see, did some stumps, more stumps and a few more! looked at 2 decent removals and gave them a price and they signed on the spot. Booked 3 jobs last night. Man I hate it when it gets dark so early now! Had 2 more to look at but was way too dark! Anyway......Got home in the afternoon, split a 1/2 bush cord of wood. Then took my daughters for an atv ride, saw a decent sized bear that my daughter spotted, it ran away when it heard my atv (sigh) girls were all worried it was going to chase us! That woulda been fun!!! :laugh:My phones been ringing off the hook for firewood this week. When can you deliver when can you deliver?.......Let me think about this.......how about if you want it so bad, go to my wood lot and pick it up! I even offered my trailers to some......they said ok! I don't have time to deliver wood right now I told them all.

Hmmmm let's see, did some stumps, more stumps and a few more! looked at 2 decent removals and gave them a price and they signed on the spot. Booked 3 jobs last night. Man I hate it when it gets dark so early now! Had 2 more to look at but was way too dark! Anyway......Got home in the afternoon, split a 1/2 bush cord of wood. Then took my daughters for an atv ride, saw a decent sized bear that my daughter spotted, it ran away when it heard my atv (sigh) girls were all worried it was going to chase us! That woulda been fun!!! :laugh:My phones been ringing off the hook for firewood this week. When can you deliver when can you deliver?.......Let me think about this.......how about if you want it so bad, go to my wood lot and pick it up! I even offered my trailers to some......they said ok! I don't have time to deliver wood right now I told them all.

Lol.. you still trying to make treeclimber57 jealous, or am I just missing the point?? ... lol.. just saying..

Split some more wood for home today, I'm way behind. Had 1 long dry ass piece of Sweet Gum almost couldn't split but the old 31 ton got through. Haven't found a piece it woldn't split yet!

Did some estimates today and got my pickup from the transmission place $3300.00 poorer.
1 estimate was 4 trees for almost $10K. Seems like the kind of person that will keep getting estimates until they get one they can't refuse or just won't do the work. Oh well, would have been an easy crane job and I could have gotten the Slayer to help out. Finally got to meet up with him as he was working not far from my estimate, just had to folllow the tree debris down this street, he's worked at almost every house through this one area! He's an original wild ass treeman!

Took down an old dead hickory that was just about to take out the chain link fence below it. Rigged it from a nearby tall long needle pine. Saved the day! Well, actually just the fence.
Then removed the dead wood from two 90' pines. Set my anchor 65' and ascended SRT with my Unicender, clipped in and went the rest of the way using 2 in 1 lanyard. Returned to my 65' TIP and set my anchor, with cambium saver, in the adjacent pine tree 25 feet away. Moved laterally to that tree using DdRT, went to the top removing deadwood and returned to the ground. Recovered my climbing lines and went home. This was after I mowed about 3 acres of grass, visited the doctor about my knee and took my daughter to the airport an hour away, so as you can see, I ended up working the night climb.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 254408View attachment 254409View attachment 254410

Glad to hear it hopefully you make enough to take a break when it gets frigid !

Keep the chipper blades sharp :msp_sneaky: they work better like that :confused2:

You musta read my mind! Just rotated them this morning buddy! Got my other 2 sets resharpened a few weeks ago, so good to go for a while. Got some good sized oaks to remove Monday. The roots destroyed his septic system, so they have to go! Also cabling a few trees.....you know since we are there! Should be a good day! Got 3 guys who want the wood, so in return they are feeding the chipper and cleaning up after me and my guys!

You musta read my mind! Just rotated them this morning buddy! Got my other 2 sets resharpened a few weeks ago, so good to go for a while. Got some good sized oaks to remove Monday. The roots destroyed his septic system, so they have to go! Also cabling a few trees.....you know since we are there! Should be a good day! Got 3 guys who want the wood, so in return they are feeding the chipper and cleaning up after me and my guys!

I just replaced the whorebark today and when I get the bequeef parts in I will throw a set on there as well

I have lots of winter work lined up, good to drop the trees on the frozen lakes! Get a big bon fire going and burn it all up!

Oh Jesus I may be at bobs lake when the expo is closing the cabin with my buddy pirate Steve , sounds dreadfully fun we may take the bikes up what's it like there in early November

Oh Jesus I may be at bobs lake when the expo is closing the cabin with my buddy pirate Steve , sounds dreadfully fun we may take the bikes up what's it like there in early November

Well it's hit or miss, remember last Novembers storms?> We didn't get any but you guys got slammed, they sell winter tires for bikes here! Or if worse comes to worse you can rent a uhaul to take em back! Dude, you gotta make it to Baltimore and meet some of us crazy canucks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back