whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amongst other things I worked on my chippers new intake table. Tomorrow I am gonna finish welding it together and add a 1" square tubing around the perimeter of the opening. My Opening is now 2'-11-3/4" wide and 2'-8-1/4" high.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, now you can stick 2 bodies in there at once, one at a time is just too slow.

One of my local hackers sent me a nice email, wishing me good luck and best wishes...........NOT,LOL. Didn't have the courage to say who he was, hiding behind a fake email. But what he did not know is that I had his IP address, gave it to my son, he worked it and found another email with the same one, so now I know who it is, LOL. Crackhead loser, butt hurt, that I can do what I want when I want! I sent him one back wishing him all the best and wished that we could have been friends :msp_wink: My middle son is a computer guru, when he turns his system on the lights dim, that may be because we are in Iowa tho, still using old wind mills and a mouse in a wheel. Trying to train my hamsters to row a boat like that guy did on tv. ROW...ROW, it is hard to get the one to say that simple word

Up super early today, woke up at 2.......damn. Feel asleep around 730 tho

I spent 3 hours in the emergency room yesterday , dropped the access plate from the bottom of the whorebark on my hand crushed all my fingers , the plate weighs and easy 200 lbs , luckily it is 1" thick or when it hit it would have cut off 2 fingers clean , I felt like #### last night , but I feel pretty good today not real sore but I have no movement in my hand at all cant touch my finger tips to my palm , scary really how a simple welding job almost cost me a hand :dizzy: nurse gave me a doctors note til the 11 th can't wait to give that to my boss , I wonder what comp pays .?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon.

Thanks man it's my fault for not asking for help . And the fact that I have never taken that machine apart and had no idea what I was dealing with . Could of been a lot worse I thought for sure that when I looked at my hand I would be at least missing 2 fingers , and I hardly ever actually work on welding In the shop on a concrete floor usually I just work out I. The yard in the sand , wow thinking about it actually makes me queezy and a little clammy !

Thanks man it's my fault for not asking for help . And the fact that I have never taken that machine apart and had no idea what I was dealing with . Could of been a lot worse I thought for sure that when I looked at my hand I would be at least missing 2 fingers , and I hardly ever actually work on welding In the shop on a concrete floor usually I just work out I. The yard in the sand , wow thinking about it actually makes me queezy and a little clammy !

Ya, and the fingers are where ALL of the nerve ending go, so I know, it hurts like hell. I feel your pain and I'm getting queezy for you.
You know the chute on the lawn mower that says, "don't put your fingers in here like a moron"? Well, by definition they wrote that for me I was 10. That hurt like hell too. Just a couple of cuts to the bone and nothing permanent, but............

so, I really do feel your pain and hope for the best for ya.

Ya, and the fingers are where ALL of the nerve ending go, so I know, it hurts like hell. I feel your pain and I'm getting queezy for you.
so, I really do feel your pain and hope for the best for ya.

Hey, it could have been a lot worse, good thing it wasn't that "other place" where all the nerve ending go! talk about making a guy feel "queezy"!

One of my local hackers sent me a nice email, wishing me good luck and best wishes...........NOT,LOL. Didn't have the courage to say who he was, hiding behind a fake email. But what he did not know is that I had his IP address, ....

Just be careful you are not responding the his wife, 10 year old daughter or the person sitting next to the guy at an internet cafe all using the same IP address. Somebody at Starbucks sipping a late may get confused.

Messed around with the dump on my chevy in the morning. I thought I was going to need a new solenoid, because the hoist would just stop working sometimes. Luckily? just the terminals were corroded. Got them cleaned up and no problems. Took the truck down to the dump to get rid of some spruce logs and rakings. They are typically open until 12 on Saturdays, well I get there at 11:30, CLOSED. Boy was I mad at myself. Went to meet with this one guy who I took some spruce down for on Friday, he's got a 3' diameter red oak with armillaria over his patio, and septic tank. Guy has limitted funds, so I told him to call up the local hacker. C-sucker just did a big chestnut oak for $2800 that me and a friend both bid at over $4,500. Told him to call the guy for a cheap price. Don't like sending business to this SOB, but I can't and won't compete with that.

Just be careful you are not responding the his wife, 10 year old daughter or the person sitting next to the guy at an internet cafe all using the same IP address. Somebody at Starbucks sipping a late may get confused.

The thought of that makes the story a lot funnier some , old yuppie lady getting a little love letter from a tree worker/marine , with all the colorful verbs and adjectives both professions provide ! Yea ##### go #### yourself LOL please even if it didn't happen like that just let me believe it did

I just picked up a new chip dump yesterday myself. I probably would only use it on weekends, or after hours at the regular dumps, but its always nice to have options. Guy claims he'll take an "infinite" amount of chips. Says he'll take softwood for his OWB too. Actually advertises on CL for it. Oddly enough, I didn't see any wood around. I wonder if this guy knows what he's getting himself into, but whatever.

Back