whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, its a good thing my helper is a nice guy, because otherwise I think I'd be tempted to kill him. I've never seen anyone do so many stupid things in one day, in my entire life. Absolutely amazing!! Sounds like some woman troubles might be at the root of it. I mean I thought he was coming along a bit, but then yesterday was just bad.. real bad!!

I was admittedly hungover yesterday (I still do my job perfectly), but by the drive home I was lmao and thinking "oh yeah baby, packie time"!! Lol, welcome to the tree service. Is what it is, I guess. :laugh:

I had my old chevy out yesterday. I love that truck. I must've had it up to 80 with a just under 7k chipper in tow and some chips. I couldn't resist letting it sing a little. Don't know much about no fords. Lol.

Well lmfao them thar fords are what always pulled those chevy's out when the fat lady sang :hmm3grin2orange:

I bought a 93 f-250 that I got a one ton rear for that has the 7.3 turbo and I love driving that thing it's a four speed
With overdrive. Paid 500$ for it ill have to post some pictures. did a complete restoration/ pimping on it. I put around 10k in it just because it was my grandpas and would never sell it. The flat bed was 3500$ so that's why it's 10k, threw some stacks on it all LED lights and its sweet. I haul my stump grinder on the back of it. It carries my Carlton Ox fine and its over 4k, I got 7 leafs on each side with some super duty shocks from sky jacker. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Thats cool, I plan on keepin' this and actually taking to Cali with me. Will build it a little, new tires and rims and a little engine work, kinda going to be my muscle car or......muscle truck. No flashy stuff tho, Big, green, loud and plain. Black tool box and Rhino lining.

Thats cool, I plan on keepin' this and actually taking to Cali with me. Will build it a little, new tires and rims and a little engine work, kinda going to be my muscle car or......muscle truck. No flashy stuff tho, Big, green, loud and plain. Black tool box and Rhino lining.

Nice. I am wanting an air horn and a better system in my IH. Next year though, gotta go back to the beginning and mint out the old chevy next. Fourth seems to have a bad synchro now, has a little grind/hitch shifting into it. Kinda sucks because the clutch is still perfect (aftermaket upgrade), but if you're gonna have someone take all that apart, might as well swap it out. At least I have two good trannys out in the yard.

I already have all the parts for the restoration too, as I started to restore an identical truck a couple years back, and then gave up on it. Brand new tanks, brackets (already painted), sending units, fenders, inner wheel wells (painted inside), dash pad, doors, mirrors, sound deadener, rubber floor mat.. real nice seat. It goes on and on, just need the new mason body and it'll be something really special. Cool thing about that truck is the dump set-up, it's a scissors (pto) with the power down, thing flies and we put a bigger pump on it a few years back. I've never seen one of those trucks with that set-up before, most are the lame, no power down, ram style piston. Hate them things. The other cool thing is I can't think of a truck that's done as much treework as that thing.. I mean without that truck I wouldn't have and of my other equipment. It basically earned everything in the yard. Old friends need to be treated with respect.. lol.

Today we hammered it out all day through the rain removed 5 decent size tulips and have a single maple to finish real quick in the a.m. Then we are off to one of my favorite places , a huge nursery with a driveway almost a half mile long , has Bradford's and zelcova up both sides on right after each other all shearing work takes 2 full days to get it done , and that's hustling ass ! I mean this guy is so papered up he had a new pool put in because he wanted a bigger fish pond so he changed a Olympic sized swimming pool into a pond , he doesn't sell stock wholesale instead he ships it all up and down the Atlantic coast , half the time he doesn't even know we're there if he's not out trolling around with his hot rod golf Cart ! The guy has fed me more work then I can remember ! God I love this work sometimes , when its good its awesome and now it's awesome

Did a small trim job today, sharpened 6 of my saws up, collected some outstanding $$$, looked at 3 jobs, got em all!!! One I was $250 over another co's estimate, guy asked me if I would match it because he was a friend of my dads and wanted me to do it anyways, I hummed and hawed and said ok just because the other guys a tool and I like grabbing jobs from him!..... 4 60'white pines, he just wants them down no clean up! (thank goodness) lol!

Mangled several chains on a Stelco (steel, and lots of it) Beech today. Wanted to murder the owner. Really.
Spent remainder of day doing firewood.
I don't mind (actually I do, but it goes with the territory) running into the occaisional nail or staple some yahoo planted in a tree, but when you hit three or four of them on the same tree, things become a little testy.

Picked up my 2 new BOSS Power Vxt plows today. One 8'-2" to replace my old straight blade and one 9'-2" for my dually. Used the dingo to unload the plows and put them in my storage shed because my cat 236 loader is too big to get into my shed. God I love my dingo. I dont know how I ever lived without one for all that time. Selling my 06 Boss 8' super duty plow if anyones interested.

attachment.php

Nice plow, but I'm not feeling it. Work keeps flowing in steady and I may just go down to FL for some of this winter. Not that I'm all that big a fan, but at least its warm and familiar. What's not to like, really. Lol. ;)

Nice plow, but I'm not feeling it. Work keeps flowing in steady and I may just go down to FL for some of this winter. Not that I'm all that big a fan, but at least its warm and familiar. What's not to like, really. Lol. ;)

My grandmother has a place about 20 mins north of daytona beach, Fl. She is 1 block off the beach. I like to go down to visit and go to bike week in the fall and spring.

Picked up my 2 new BOSS Power Vxt plows today. One 8'-2" to replace my old straight blade and one 9'-2" for my dually. Used the dingo to unload the plows and put them in my storage shed because my cat 236 loader is too big to get into my shed. God I love my dingo. I dont know how I ever lived without one for all that time. Selling my 06 Boss 8' super duty plow if anyones interested.

attachment.php

Dude, that pallet thing those blades are sitting on looks freakin tough!

The time is drawing near for sure , I dug out the 10 fter for the dump got the vbox started but the chains froze since we didn't use it last year and I got a price for 1000.00 for new shoes for the bobcat ......ouch ! But we picked up a ton more snow work and I hope it comes down in blankets this year!

Happy early thanksgiving in Canada!

Got the 2 atv's. Small wood splitter to keep at our water access cottage all ready to rock for the weekend, have to barge everything over. Going to do a lot of 4 wheeling this weekend. We have some pretty rugged and wild trails where our cottage is. Had to put my bush buggy trailer in the back of my expedition (just fit!) Have to go and scavenge for some hard wood this weekend as well, we are almost out at the cottage, supposed to get down to 1 degree celsius Sunday.

Got the 2 atv's. Small wood splitter to keep at our water access cottage all ready to rock for the weekend, have to barge everything over. Going to do a lot of 4 wheeling this weekend. We have some pretty rugged and wild trails where our cottage is. Had to put my bush buggy trailer in the back of my expedition (just fit!) Have to go and scavenge for some hard wood this weekend as well, we are almost out at the cottage, supposed to get down to 1 degree celsius Sunday.

Dude you got the damn life man for real !

Back