whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another beautiful fall day. Great day for working.
View attachment 255253

Had this rotten trunk on a Maple. Notch was made, started my back it and she split and started to go. I expected that may happen so I hit my escape route. Luckily the tree went exactly where it was supposed to :) sometimes you win.
View attachment 255262

On the way out, spotted this young buck. Was 10' from the truck. Just looked at us and then continued eating.
View attachment 255263

Love this time of year.

Decided that instead of doing some BS tomorrow I'm going to attend a funeral for one of my cousins who just died. The guys are all gonna be working on a big planting job that needs to get done ASAP, weather is supposed to be questionable... and it's my responsibility to represent the family in such times.

Used my ms660 to top a stump before grinding and in run ok for a few min and then starting to run like crap and cut off. Would not restart, finished the cut with a 391 and ground the stump. Removed the plug when i got home and the muffler and found the engine is gone, as in piston and cil are ate up like it has been run without oil in the gas. I know the gas was mixed because i am the only one that does it and saw had gas in it fron the last tree job we did and all the other saws are fine. So I am going to the dealer tommorow and see if the will help me, saw in 11 months old and ony used 7 times. Any one else had a problem like this?

Used my ms660 to top a stump before grinding and in run ok for a few min and then starting to run like crap and cut off. Would not restart, finished the cut with a 391 and ground the stump. Removed the plug when i got home and the muffler and found the engine is gone, as in piston and cil are ate up like it has been run without oil in the gas. I know the gas was mixed because i am the only one that does it and saw had gas in it fron the last tree job we did and all the other saws are fine. So I am going to the dealer tommorow and see if the will help me, saw in 11 months old and ony used 7 times. Any one else had a problem like this?

Yup ! Had the same thing with a 361 ! I was told that they damage easy because of something we put in our gas now , nice huh they actually sell a additive for them , I just run em rich now let em smoke it's better then scoring a piston

Yup ! Had the same thing with a 361 ! I was told that they damage easy because of something we put in our gas now , nice huh they actually sell a additive for them , I just run em rich now let em smoke it's better then scoring a piston

Thanks, I am hopeing the dealer or stihl will hepl me with the cost of the repair being the saw in less then a year old ( but out of warinty) I have bought all my saws from the same dealer (7) all Stihl.

Thanks, I am hopeing the dealer or stihl will hepl me with the cost of the repair being the saw in less then a year old ( but out of warinty) I have bought all my saws from the same dealer (7) all Stihl.

I love stihl believe me but husky would fix it for free , they are now hands and feet above with there customer care , you would be covered , stihl who the #### knows anymore

if this rain keeps coming down like it is, i am gonna have to get a barge so i can just float my truck into peoples back yards to remove there trees.

I just set fire to all my paperwork... especially the stuff from my ins company that said they weren't paying yer medical bills. Its OK though, I got a jewish lawyer so rack em up, I am.

Parts and service for Huskys/Jonsereds/Echo/Solo,etc are a quagmire in my little nook of this wide world, (Huntsville, Ontario) whereas local Stihl dealer is excellent to deal with. One shed in the backyard has become a morgue for saws that gave their all in the line of duty. Lots of different coloured carcasses cause they all die eventually.

Yeah, thats what we did, it was just hard getting a 1 1/4" wrench in there!

I bought a 93 f-250 that I got a one ton rear for that has the 7.3 turbo and I love driving that thing it's a four speed
With overdrive. Paid 500$ for it ill have to post some pictures. did a complete restoration/ pimping on it. I put around 10k in it just because it was my grandpas and would never sell it. The flat bed was 3500$ so that's why it's 10k, threw some stacks on it all LED lights and its sweet. I haul my stump grinder on the back of it. It carries my Carlton Ox fine and its over 4k, I got 7 leafs on each side with some super duty shocks from sky jacker. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

I bought a 93 f-250 that I got a one ton rear for that has the 7.3 turbo and I love driving that thing it's a four speed
With overdrive. Paid 500$ for it ill have to post some pictures. did a complete restoration/ pimping on it. I put around 10k in it just because it was my grandpas and would never sell it. The flat bed was 3500$ so that's why it's 10k, threw some stacks on it all LED lights and its sweet. I haul my stump grinder on the back of it. It carries my Carlton Ox fine and its over 4k, I got 7 leafs on each side with some super duty shocks from sky jacker. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

I wanna pimp muh 79 lol :( And muh 65

I worked with the same company for 5 years. We ran all stihls up to the 660. In one year we seized three 660's. Owner ended up going with 2- 390's and a 395 with never a problem. Huskys are nice but seem to be cold blooded when run horizontal. I prefer stihls but after the 460 huskys are choice.

I wanna pimp muh 79 lol :( And muh 65

Has been a lot of fun other than the started. I swear they use trolls to put some of these bolts in.

I'm going to send it to the paint shop soon. Man does that thing roll coal out the pipe mean little pickup for being 20 years old.

79-65 is really impressive to still be ticking. You got your money worth and some.

I worked with the same company for 5 years. We ran all stihls up to the 660. In one year we seized three 660's. Owner ended up going with 2- 390's and a 395 with never a problem. Huskys are nice but seem to be cold blooded when run horizontal. I prefer stihls but after the 460 huskys are choice.

Hhmmmm, was blaming my guys for my recently fried less than 1 yr old 460, had to rush and buy a 660 to get a big job done. Still haven't fixed it yet, wanted to check out the hoses and seals first. Dealer I go to didn't have any Pro Huskys or I would have tried one instead of getting the 660.

I just set fire to all my paperwork... especially the stuff from my ins company that said they weren't paying yer medical bills. Its OK though, I got a jewish lawyer so rack em up, I am.

Thats alright, I got a letter from the ladys insurance saying she wasnt at fault and they denied paying the medical bills also. Should be a crime how tight these insurance companys are when they gotta pay, but if your payment is a day late they want to cancel your policy. WTF.

Last edited:
660 crapped out

Yep, my 660 crapped out this summer too, although it's an older saw, saw tech said it was over heated, had to install complete cylinder/piston set...:msp_sad:$$$$!

Yep, my 660 crapped out this summer too, although it's an older saw, saw tech said it was over heated, had to install complete cylinder/piston set...:msp_sad:$$$$!

Unfortanitly nobody manufactures quaility stuff anymore. They go with the cheapest parts they can but seem to charge a rediculas amount for junk.

Has been a lot of fun other than the started. I swear they use trolls to put some of these bolts in.

I'm going to send it to the paint shop soon. Man does that thing roll coal out the pipe mean little pickup for being 20 years old.

79-65 is really impressive to still be ticking. You got your money worth and some.

Lol more than ticking it's working hard every day :) It hauled around 50 tons last week :jawdrop:

Well i droped off the 660 at the dealer today, talked to the owner who is a real nice guy and told him my problems. He is going to take it apart and try to find out what happened. When he finds out he said he with get with the Stihl rep. I will let you all know if Stihl is going to stand behind their saws.

Latest posts

Back