whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't even talk to me about plywood. I gotta pull up the road we built Sunday. Turns out I can't get my stump guy till Thursday.. I'm thinking it might kill the lawn if I leave it that long. Very inefficient.

I hardly used the plywood all year, now I need it for three jobs in a row. Hatin' it!!

Why do you need to leave the plywood down for your stump guy? Does he have a towbehind unit? You should just buy 101 20hp unit.

Why do you need to leave the plywood down for your stump guy? Does he have a towbehind unit? You should just buy 101 20hp unit.

I gotta clean up the grindings with the tractor, and topsoil and seed.

I hate stump grinders. If I buy one, its gonna be the real deal, not some toy. At least something in the 50hp range and self propelled.

Had a late one last night, the bucket I have been using lately was being using yesterday, so I rented a 65' lift for 2 almost 75' oaks with pretty big canopies over the house and pool. Supposed to be there at (we were there at 730) 8.......9 rolls around WTF! I had 3 guys with me ready to rock! Get on the phone oh it'll be there in 30 mins. So I started climbing the one over the pool, 10 still no lift, I got the oak over the pool down in 2 hours. Rigged out some big pieces. 11 rolls around, still no lift.......getting very irritated now! So I had 2 oak trees to cable, did the one in the mean time. Noon, it finally shows up! Hammered out the bigger oak in 4 hours, all chipped, cut up 32" dbh . 5 dump trailer loads of good oak taken away (thru the day) 2 more left to get today. Used the lift to cable up the last tree, used the new branch saver cabling system. If you are still using the steel cabling this stuff is very easy to install and strong! Give it a try! Did a good clean up and after dumping my second load of chips, got in the door at 830. Cleaning and sharpening some saws this morning! Good $ day though!

Last edited:
Raining today, Gotta do lots of paperwork, contracts, pay bills. I always seem to find myself on here goofing off instead of doing my paperwork.

Going out to remove another tree off a shed, then I got to climb into space about 50ft to get to one oak branch that broke in the wind, hanging over the back yard where this lady's show dogs hang out. She has the world champion Corgy, they had pups, 7 of them, sold them all for 2700 a piece!! Holy crap! I would never spend that kind of money on a dog, unless it pooped golden nuggets! Its funny tho, I told her she is kind of a animal pimp, she is making lots of mula off doggie style.

Now that I have my 97 F-250 going, its more fun to drive than my new one, sounds sooo good.

@ MDS, I am still thinking about putting duels on mine, still have a set of Flow Master series 50 from my Boss 351, that would make it sound like yours lol. But not sure I want to waste them on that! Still kinda hoping to get another old stang.

When you are done ####ing up yer smog pipe and getting a new one come back and I will tell you to just heat up the fitting and it will loosen quite easy... and go back together too!

Yeah, thats what we did, it was just hard getting a 1 1/4" wrench in there!

Did you type that with a straight face ? I mean that was the funniest thing yuve ever said ! For real though ! Behind door number 2 is a guy with a bat and a gun ...... Ummmmmmm ok I would rather take that !

if this rain keeps coming down like it is, i am gonna have to get a barge so i can just float my truck into peoples back yards to remove there trees.

The hell with the rain dance I am doing the pay me dance smoked out a silver maple , trees on the ground all chipped stumps 20 minutes away from being done and maybe 30 pieces to split between the trucks chaaaaaaaaaching , hell let it rain for the rest of the week LOL ! Maybe its the threat fo being rained on that motivates some people to hustle there ass ? :laugh:

Ouch!! What happened, if you don't mind my asking (must have missed that?)?
Just some stupidity that could have been right off one of AnalArborist's videos. Cut a 7"x5' stub on an oak tree with my left hand on the limb underneath. Broke my index finger just north of the knuckle. I thought I could set it myself but after a few days I realized that wasn't working. Took another few days to see a cardiologist to get permission to have surgery. Surgery last last Tues. and I had him do my carpal tunnel while I was on the table so at least that arm's done. I'll have a couple pins in for the next 4 weeks and then 3 more weeks to finish healing. We usually quit in Dec. so I'm probably done for this year. Not a problem. Customers are good with it and I don't owe anyone so I'm OK with it too. Maybe I can be the poster boy for one handing chainsaws.

View attachment 255244
Phil

Got this on Facebook. Pretty good deal if you're going.

Wesco Boots
We will be offering free custom fittings(with a boot purchase) at the TCIA expo take advantage!

We were off to a pretty good start this morning, whacked out 7? trees to finish up the job from yesterday. This one hickory I took out was almost completely hollow at the base. Finished that up around 10:15, let the guys take a break for 10 min and went to start on a norway maple for the neighbor (same set-up) Get half the tree out, start talking about lunch and dumping the truck. Next thing we know the rain comes in, and is supposed to stay the rest of the day. So we all cut out at 12:10. Ran some errands and that's about it. Gonna go do some BS tomorrow, too afraid of getting rained on again with the crane on the clock.

Back