whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Im the only one that actually climbs on here??..lol

021-5_zpsf4efb788.jpg

Haha only one with cam anyway, lmfao my camera broke but u are not alone!

001-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

004.jpg

Went to bid a job today go in the back yard more dog crap then you can imagine. The ho walks right thur it to a 15" white pine that had been girtled by the dog chain. Tells me no one wants to do it. I didnt either so i gave him the double price 1000 dollars. Turns and asks when i can do it. My guys are going to be pissed. Should take about 3hrs.

Went to bid a job today go in the back yard more dog crap then you can imagine. The ho walks right thur it to a 15" white pine that had been girtled by the dog chain. Tells me no one wants to do it. I didnt either so i gave him the double price 1000 dollars. Turns and asks when i can do it. My guys are going to be pissed. Should take about 3hrs.

Haha pissed or no pissed skit it boys :)

My guys don't so much mind stepping in it as they do getting it on their rope. That really pisses them off. We do one clients trees about every other year that has so much dog #### I send a couple of guys the day before to clean up the dog #### and we charge the HO for it. They are fine with it.

Not as bad as doing a clearing job in crack head central had to rake up the used rubbers needles and blunts before we started everyday. That was another one of those charge double jobs.

In the early 80's when I was working for Park Cities Tree Service in Dallas I managed to fall off a low balcony and into twenty or so piles of dog ####.

In the early 80's when I was working for Park Cities Tree Service in Dallas I managed to fall off a low balcony and into twenty or so piles of dog ####.

You always find a way to add the appropriate amount of cheer to an otherwise dull situation.

I pretty much rested the whole day today after only getting and hour and a half sleep on Tuesday and then taking a road trip for 14 hours yesterday. (My buddy Mike drove, but I couldn't sleep)

We drove down into southern PA after going through Buffalo to pick up a used SK650 for me and a few attachments for Mike. When we finally got to our destination and after inspecting the mini skid steer, I found it to be in a more "used" condition than my liking. The incredibly black engine oil, half full hydraulic tank and completely missing bushing on the curl ram made me think that the machine had not been "completely gone over and all fluids had been changed".

The sales guy was busy and his father came to tell us that he would be over soon. After a brief talk about about the machine, I informed him that I had decided that I would pass on the machine but was still interested in a new set of forks. He drove the machine around the back of the shop. Shortly after the guy came out and told me that I pissed off his father he wasn't even going to sell me the forks. That's the way we do business down here, he said.

Then he told Mike that he would still sell the $4,000 worth of attachments that Mike had ordered, but if he didn't want them, then that would be alright, he'd just put them back into stock. "Thats how he did business down here." Back at the truck, I quietly told Mike not to make any decisions on my account, but Mike said he wasn't going to give any business to someone who was that rude to a friend of his. When Mike told him that he decided to not take the attachments, he said that was fine, you can turn your truck around the end of the lane.

Then as he's walking back to his shop he yells "I hope you don't run into any trouble leaving the county, I've got lots of friends here" and then "Good luck getting across the border with all that cash you brought down"

Glad my buddy has my back and we didn't give this guy a cent.

Nice scenery in PA. Everybody else I talked to during our brief trip down there was nice and courteous.

Doing a couple walnuts over a garage. It got up to 60 today and alot of snow melt, the ropes were soaking wet and gloves. They have a big lab and part of the yard was full of crap but I had my over shoes on and plenty of puddles. It needs to dry up, I cant get into none of my dump spots. I have been dumping at the land fill and its 20 a ton, with the loader full its 200 bucks.

I pretty much rested the whole day today after only getting and hour and a half sleep on Tuesday and then taking a road trip for 14 hours yesterday. (My buddy Mike drove, but I couldn't sleep)

We drove down into southern PA after going through Buffalo to pick up a used SK650 for me and a few attachments for Mike. When we finally got to our destination and after inspecting the mini skid steer, I found it to be in a more "used" condition than my liking. The incredibly black engine oil, half full hydraulic tank and completely missing bushing on the curl ram made me think that the machine had not been "completely gone over and all fluids had been changed".

The sales guy was busy and his father came to tell us that he would be over soon. After a brief talk about about the machine, I informed him that I had decided that I would pass on the machine but was still interested in a new set of forks. He drove the machine around the back of the shop. Shortly after the guy came out and told me that I pissed off his father he wasn't even going to sell me the forks. That's the way we do business down here, he said.

Then he told Mike that he would still sell the $4,000 worth of attachments that Mike had ordered, but if he didn't want them, then that would be alright, he'd just put them back into stock. "Thats how he did business down here." Back at the truck, I quietly told Mike not to make any decisions on my account, but Mike said he wasn't going to give any business to someone who was that rude to a friend of his. When Mike told him that he decided to not take the attachments, he said that was fine, you can turn your truck around the end of the lane.

Then as he's walking back to his shop he yells "I hope you don't run into any trouble leaving the county, I've got lots of friends here" and then "Good luck getting across the border with all that cash you brought down"

Glad my buddy has my back and we didn't give this guy a cent.

Nice scenery in PA. Everybody else I talked to during our brief trip down there was nice and courteous.

Damn, what the hell? What's the name of this POS establishment?

Latest posts

Back