whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my zig zag today. Didnt really like it much. Gonna try it tomorrow, and i still dont like its gonna be for sale.

One thing i didnt like was when its weighted, the bottom links are almost vertical, and the groves in the pins are over rotated, and the edge of the grove is rubbing on the rope, causing it to break small strand fibers. Here is a link to my full review.

attachment.php

Got my zig zag today. Didnt really like it much. Gonna try it tomorrow, and i still dont like its gonna be for sale.

One thing i didnt like was when its weighted, the bottom links are almost vertical, and the groves in the pins are over rotated, and the edge of the grove is rubbing on the rope, causing it to break small strand fibers. Here is a link to my full review.

attachment.php

they are probably designed for the more common Ethiopian tree climber and not us tuba-lards

Enjoyed reading your zigzag review, Jared, but you need to give it more of a chance.
I've hardly used mine, (with Poison Ivy), but am using the Hitch Hiker daily on removals.
Have you tried one of them?

attachment.php

I think you are supposed to use thinner rope. But you have a problem don't you? Just can't seem to stop buying shiny pieces of metal.

I have been sick the last couple days. I had a 102 temp last night, I felt like I was dieing.

Had to fill in for a friend today doing some good will, by the end I was pretty much out.

Dealt with 1 client today who is rather difficult. I brought her an apple pie from the local bakery, and she wound up being really nice, which is a stretch for her. Looked at a couple of jobs, nothing great, but I will take it. Stopped by a friend's place this afternoon, he had his step son outside washing trucks... got mine done while we BS'ed. Not sure what I will do with myself tomorrow though as I had planned to spend the day washing the truck.

Got my chipper back yesterday, another $400. I was checking out some 1590's, and was told that once the tier 4 kicks in the CAT will be $75K and the Deere will be closer to 80K. That was really disgusting. Did a job yesterday that was supposed to be between 4 and 6 hrs... nothing crazy, just some branches and a couple small removals. We get there and the HO added on about a week of work, so I can't complain... just have to send the estimate.

Yeah, that is how they come up with limit's.
Jeff

Well ours at the company I last worked for were stress checked by putting 1300 lbs on them then listening with a stethoscope funny thing I felt safer before their test if you ever see it done you will know why! I witnessed mines test they even shock loaded it :monkey:

Me too. Dealing with another damn prostate infection. If you never had one believe me you don't want one.

I'm hoping today is the last I been on antibiotics my wife had because I can never catch my doctor he is only in two days a week and Easter I wouldn't see him till next week.

I'm finally down to like 101 I have bronchitis I think my kids passed it on. I never got sick until I had kids man they pick up everything.

I'm hoping today is the last I been on antibiotics my wife had because I can never catch my doctor he is only in two days a week and Easter I wouldn't see him till next week.

I'm finally down to like 101 I have bronchitis I think my kids passed it on. I never got sick until I had kids man they pick up everything.

Watch out for the bronchitus stuff! I got sick last week still coughing a bit but taking mega vitamins and extra vit c!

Watch out for the bronchitus stuff! I got sick last week still coughing a bit but taking mega vitamins and extra vit c!

Man it hurts like hell to cough to this has to be one if the worst colds or illness I've had.

Got lucky it started Friday didn't miss any work. Antibiotics seem to be working. I know if you leave it go it can turn into something worse.

happy easter... spent the day with family... had to hog tie my 6 year old nephew for a few hours... watched him rolling around on the rug like a worm.... he was beating on his 3 year old sister...

hope you sick guys get better soon...

I think you are supposed to use thinner rope. But you have a problem don't you? Just can't seem to stop buying shiny pieces of metal.

Actually a skinner rope would make it worse because it would allow the links to open up even farther.

I don't really think trying a new device is really a problem.

Latest posts

Back