whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By noon today it was -23C (-9F) with a windchill of -34C (-30F).

Chipper ran all day, even towing it from job to job. Afraid it wouldn't start if we shut it down.

Saws were difficult to start, and were running a little lean. Even the "winter" bar oil was thick.

Primarily ground work except in the afternoon when I had to climb a birch to remove some broken limbs.

Looking forward to warmer temperatures this weekend :)

Chipper ran all day, even towing it from job to job. Afraid it wouldn't start if we shut it down.

Saws were difficult to start, and were running a little lean. Even the "winter" bar oil was thick.

Primarily ground work except in the afternoon when I had to climb a birch to remove some broken limbs.

I put the bar oil in the cab of my pickup and let it get nice and warm, then go back and start the truck a few times thru out the day. I haven't used anything that has hydraulic fluid in a few weeks, fluid is like molasses right now. The older I get, the more I hate winter.

Props for looking both menacing, and gay at the same time. I imagine that's not an easy look to pull off. :laugh:
It's selfie Saturday
6u5ugy6u.jpg

Isn't it hard to climb a tree wearing mukluks & mittens?

Seriously! What can you wear for covering your hands that lets you keep your fingers from freezing and still run a chainsaw? I would think that you would need a different climbing saddle in the wintertime just to accommodate the additional layers of clothes.

image.jpg trigger finger gauntlets with wool liners, and cheapo dollar store gloves inside the liners.

I reckon I'm at least twice as slow as my normal slow when climbing in the cold.
The rich city cats come up here on weekends for skiing and snowmobiling and think it is awesome. I despise them!

What, no brush for you to drag today? lol

I spent the better part of five-hours taking books and shmit off of cabinet shelves and putting it on the other side of the room, so we could move the cabinets.

Very religious people. A stack of Bibles and a picture of them shaking hands with Pope John Paul II. No kidding. Those things I placed carefully and not on the floor with the rest of the stuff.

I love that stuff... you have to try that moonshine I posted before.... Full Moonshine Maple goooood too

c3581f2af9b989c7f26f6fb642ed877f

Maple syrup and milk is pretty good. But right now, after just polishing off that bottle of rot gut I am pretty sick of maple sugar. I do about a 50/50 mix of liquor and water these days... and I sure wish I had thought of doing that sooner.

I finally crashed after my tour of doody but my wife woke me up at 4 am saying the oil burner was down again so I went downstairs, threw some wood on the fire, turnt on the TV and stuck my hands back in my PJ's for a few hours til she finally blew the house circuit with all the space heaters that she was running because she thought we were going to die. She was like, " I need to take a shower" and I was like, " No, I NEED to take a shower and you don't hear me complaining".

The supply line was froze which happens every year now that I put the tank outside. I guess I might bring it back in the garage or rig up a heater. I have the furnace running off a can of diesel right now.

Back