whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are on 7 days now with 5 to 7 "people" on the job and still not near finished. Can't believe they got it down but 3 fence sections of 3 rail are broken to the ground and ALL the wood is still there but cut to firewood and some has been put next to the road which is illegal in my town. NOTHING has been raked, including the road. I know she is not keeping the wood because I bid it and she turned the mansion (my hs friend used to live there) into a bed and breakfast prob spending 2 million renovating (plus cost of house) on a house whose value is less than 1 mill.
Cash job, all in the tit too I'd imagine. Oh well, win some loose some. That's why I kind of like operating in the city despite its downsides. If you're not of skill with the proper tools, you're going to get hurt, hurt someone, or destroy very pricey real-estate. You don't drop or bomb anything out in the city.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

aluminum too....unneeded expense I think. My trailers (both haul Dingo and STX 38 stumper together) can be pulled by hand anywhere if no equipment on them. One is a tilt and the other is a drop gate. Don't think you want to make a habit hauling the mini on a dumptrailer as like said, gonna be full of schit sometimes...occassionally yes.

Aluminum so that's its light enough to pull it with ATV. A friend of mine makes trailers. He made that one for the cost of the material. Cheaper than a steel trailer that size and won't rust out.

I sell firewood, and it is a lot of work for not a whole lot of money. Just another pita that fills in lulls when work is slow.
If we didn't also heat with wood I would feel less keen about dragging it home.
Your $100 grapple truck deal sounds like a win - win for sure.
A hundo run? That's a good deal man. The best I get around here is 80 an hour and he doesn't take pine.

Yup, and he takes pine. I have more than one truck at that price too. Is your 80 an hour port to port? Cuz it only takes 20 min start to finish to load a truck with a good boom operator.

Took out an 85 ft. schit maple 4' dbh between 2 houses and over multiple fences and boomed everything over 1 of the roofs to road, with subbed company's crane and op. Little out of my crane's reach (and no op yet) at 120' live stick to the back lead all out was good for 4k. Had to take the back lead in 2 picks to stay on chart. By time I made cut and he picked it and I reset chokes, he was back in my face with the ball.

Very nice op, 32 yr old go getter who aims to please. Nothing but good future for him. Real nice rig National 1400 30 ton, gonna be my next (and likely last) crane. Like rig in Big Bad Wood.

Took him down to my place at lunch as he wanted to see my crane and he really liked it and said he would run it on wkends if I needed him. Even asked to take a pict of it.

Haven't started my new (and great) ground man on it at all yet but he handled the craner flawlessly including helping my sub set up and fold up. Great day and real profitable.

Took out an 85 ft. schit maple 4' dbh between 2 houses and over multiple fences and boomed everything over 1 of the roofs to road, with subbed company's crane and op. Little out of my crane's reach (and no op yet) at 120' live stick to the back lead all out was good for 4k. Had to take the back lead in 2 picks to stay on chart. By time I made cut and he picked it and I reset chokes, he was back in my face with the ball.

Very nice op, 32 yr old go getter who aims to please. Nothing but good future for him. Real nice rig National 1400 30 ton, gonna be my next (and likely last) crane. Like rig in Big Bad Wood.

Took him down to my place at lunch as he wanted to see my crane and he really liked it and said he would run it on wkends if I needed him. Even asked to take a pict of it.

Haven't started my new (and great) ground man on it at all yet but he handled the craner flawlessly including helping my sub set up and fold up. Great day and real profitable.

I wouldn't recommend a national 1400 for making picks at 120 feet there Treevet. WIth all due respect to you, I ran a 1400 for 3 years. If I remember correctly, it was only good for 1800 at 88-90ish feet. The 60 ton grove that I have run everyday is only good 2600 pounds at 115 feet.

All I can tell you is I asked what I was good for and he said 4k. Maybe he wasn't out all the way, but if not he was close. I be glad to give you his phone # and you can tell him...sat on his daddy's lap while he ran a crane and run one every day for 18 years now....that he don't know what he's talking about...up to you. PM me.

I can vouch for chief's knowledge, although I haven't much of a clue when it comes to the cranes in question, lol. I know the company he works for and it's no joke. The actually own everyone around here worth a salt and let them keep their names.

seemed to me that pick I considered taking low enough below the 2 leads (so the crotch wouldn't fail) might run around 3k. I thought about it and asked my gm to ck what he was good for and when he said 4 k I thought why not just take in 2. Maybe something lost in the translation. Glad I didn't take it all, the tree came apart real fast anyway. I will check with the op as now I am curious.

All I can tell you is I asked what I was good for and he said 4k. Maybe he wasn't out all the way, but if not he was close. I be glad to give you his phone # and you can tell him...sat on his daddy's lap while he ran a crane and run one every day for 18 years now....that he don't know what he's talking about...up to you. PM me.

Please PM his number. I would love to verify that he used a national 1400 to make at least one 2000 pound pick with a 30 ton crane at 120 feet. And if he says yes, he did, I want to call his daddy to take him to the woodshed and beat the hell out of him for abusing the equipment he bought for junior

Please PM his number. I would love to verify that he used a national 1400 to make at least one 2000 pound pick with a 30 ton crane at 120 feet. And if he says yes, he did, I want to call his daddy to take him to the woodshed and beat the hell out of him for abusing the equipment he bought for junior
Lolzzzzzz

wait a minute...that's just oltirdy. He didn't run no crane for 3 years. He just been doing craners since 07 and on the hook not in the cab.

wait a minute...that's just oltirdy. He didn't run no crane for 3 years. He just been doing craners since 07 and on the hook not in the cab.
I can also vouch that cheif is not old dirty...

OD, can run the balls off a crane though.. So I've been told ;-)

I did meet ol dirty, nice guy, friendly amd personable, and a friggin giant! He stood eye level with me, while I was sitting in the cab!

Heres the one picture I have on my phone, the reason I said the 60 tonne is good for 2600 at 115 feet. No jib stowed. 280 lb headache ball.

u9y8u4a3.jpg

may not be too clear to some, sorry.
on the top left, its 85.2 ft tip height
11.6 tons counterweight, 1500 is the code for that on the comp, 5 sections all 100%
32.0 degree boom angle (unthinkable on the national)
0.3 is the weight of the headache ball
115ft is the radius
2.6 means 2.6 klbs max
and I smoke cowboy killers. no ecigs. smoke like a man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I can also vouch that cheif is not old dirty... Marquis is not the king **** around these parts lol. Amazing company, and beautiful equipment, but not top dog.

OD, can run the balls off a crane though.. So I've been told ;-)

Well it is what it is, pretty black and white, the chart. All I know is what I was told by the gm and glad I did not take out the double lead like I wanted to. Point for getting the com set.

Called him and no ans to ask where we were on that pick.

before you guys lace up the gloves and get in the ring could there be a little confusion between boom length and load radius on that 33 ton national? not taking sides here but I'm pretty sure that mutt couldn't handle 4k at 120' radius.

I just talked to the gm and after I told him the top choker I had was good for 5k he went and asked him and he said he told him he was good for 4k. No mistake in what he said. Got a puter in front of him. That's all I got til I talk to him.

before you guys lace up the gloves and get in the ring could there be a little confusion between boom length and load radius on that 33 ton national? not taking sides here but I'm pretty sure that mutt couldn't handle 4k at 12' radius.

Lolzzzzzz

Latest posts

Back