whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here also! a whopping 7 degrees it got up to today! Washed 2 trucks, the mini skid, and got the stump grinder outta storage! Got some stump work this week, contemplating on getting a bigger grinder, but not sure yet! Might have to wait til I get a bit of the lift and truck paid down first ! lol! still have snow in the yard 2' in some places! Supposed to get into the teens this week! yee ha!
I dont know how in the hell you guys can deal with such long winters and short summers!

It was finally a beautiful day yesterday. Climbed all day in the warmth (with a pocket full of cash). After only two days on my (hopefully) 6 day job, we've got it mostly in control. Four man crew is nice on the right job. A little more laid back today, just three of us. Finishing up the climbing end of the job. Should be home in time for easter beer thirty.

I should be working. Got a car that been smashed in for months in front end waiting on parts from a "friend". cost over $2k. and hand washing dishes waiting on new dishwasher/. cost over $1k. along with all the other schit. Feel guilty taking a day off. Then on any given day I drive past any golf course at any hour and see all those slackers beating a little white ball around and it all goes away.

I did my first SRT climb today .... I loved it 2 handed ascender and a right foot pantin and crol... I swear it was so easy I did 60 ft in roughly 5 minutes climbed right to the branch I was gonna remove and bam I also did the climb 15 or so ft off the trunk midair and I was all aerobic not at all like body thrust basically now to is a stepping stone . And I switched with less then 250.00 in new gear ! If you value my opinion believe me try it ... It's awesome

I am impressed Eddie. I mean it. All this new schit is fun and keeps you loving your job.

Had a long convo with a climber yesterday on the way up to Chi-Town. Found out that the guy who copied my site and was telling people he was me, even cut his hair to look like a Marine.......committed suicide a few weeks ago. Drug overdose, how they determined it was suicide, not sure. I wanted him to go down, but damn, not like that.

Had a long convo with a climber yesterday on the way up to Chi-Town. Found out that the guy who copied my site and was telling people he was me committed suicide a few weeks ago. Drug overdose, how they determined it was suicide, not sure. I wanted him to go down, but damn, not like that.

fuxk him. Had a guy that I fired posting on cl that was advertising his own tree service and all the pictures he had up was him using his new bosses equipment. Trying to set up buzzys. I called the owner of the tree service and promptly got his ass fired. I asked him to make sure he told the piece of **** that it was me who dimed on him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fuxk him. Had a guy that I fired posting on cl that was advertising his own tree service and all the pictures he had up was him using his new bosses equipment. Trying to set up buzzys. I called the owner of the tree service and promptly got his ass fired. I asked him to make sure he told the piece of **** that it was me who dimed on him.

I know it, guy was a complete dirt bag. The definition of hack should have his pic. I am glad that I don't have to constantly clear my name now, but I do feel guilty about being glad he is gone. Now, to start on the ones who get jobs by telling people I trained them, when they are the ones I told to find something else to do before they kill someone. So what do they do? They started tree services, LOL! I don't want them to die, but I would like to see them go back to telemarketing and roofing.

I should be working. Got a car that been smashed in for months in front end waiting on parts from a "friend". cost over $2k. and hand washing dishes waiting on new dishwasher/. cost over $1k. along with all the other schit. Feel guilty taking a day off. Then on any given day I drive past any golf course at any hour and see all those slackers beating a little white ball around and it all goes away.

I strive everyday to be one of those slackers some day.

Now, to start on the ones who get jobs by telling people I trained them, when they are the ones I told to find something else to do before they kill someone. So what do they do? They started tree services, LOL! I don't want them to die, but I would like to see them go back to telemarketing and roofing.
  1. That is a classic in this business. You have some jackclown that just can't cut it in any area of your operation and is worth so little to your business that you have to let him go and what is the first thing he tries to do....start a tree service business. It is so F'ed up it is actually funny. I shitcanned just such a character last year then set back and amused myself watching him try to start a tree service last summer then going about half nuts and hit rock bottom.

1. That is a classic in this business. You have some jackclown that just can't cut it in any area of your operation and is worth so little to your business that you have to let him go and what is the first thing he tries to do....start a tree service business. It is so F'ed up it is actually funny. I shitcanned just such a character last year then set back and amused myself watching him try to start a tree service last summer then going about half nuts and hit rock bottom.

You never know about that though. My first job doing trees was with a mom and pop operation, when I learned all I was going to from them and they still treated me like the "kid" I went out on my own. I have a great business now, great equipment that is all paid for and just bought my first crane. I do believe those guys are now out of business. You always have to stay on your toes. Sure as **** are a ton of dumbasses out there, but one thing is equally true, there is always someone more motivated and intelligent out there than you....

Back