whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut the wires!

On these new vehicles everything is controlled by the body control module, that's where the chime is located, and if anything is cut then other systems won't work.

Back in the day there wasn't as much body controlling going on, still if you cut the wires, the dome light wouldn't work as well as other thing but once I open up a module ( not supposed to) and crushed the little chime speaker in there and was happy ever since... well.

I was thinking of trying that now but the chime is for other things - like low washer solvent. Its not low but the chime is chiming and the message center is urging me to fill it.

They were able to fix one of the electronic tire valves for 12 bucks the other day. It was cracked, and had been setting the chime off for a few weeks.

What really is pissing me off is the crazy schedule and dicking around with this loader and now the trailer for it. Finally got everything together and find I still have to weld in a cross member to help support the loader. Andy has been, uh, um, helping. Teaching him to drill through steel is, well, its like drilling through steel.

Right now dead in the water because of the spanner wrench for the grinder is mia. I can't watch him stand around watching me look for the thing, I did the only sensible thing - I tore up the shop and sent him home.

I hate when I try to get help with these projects. It should go quicker with two people but it seems I end up talking more than I want to and having to pretty much do it myself anyway.

Andy is a good kid but still at the point where a lot of what I tell him to do comes out backwards. When you got trucks, clients, trees to think about, turn around and see everything backwards after you took the time and energy to explain that's not good.

A month ago I finally put in that backup camera AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED! I was in tears. That night it rained, killed the camera. It started working when it dried out. Then it rained again and it not working now for good I think.

It has been grating on me having to work hard to hook up a trailer by myself, moreso now after this camera ******** waste. I was hoping to solve the problem and have it easy.

It seems ya gotta do everything twice, three times if you pay someone to do it.

So I got Andy out there backing me up the trailer and its becoming a cluster **** for some odd reason and taking to long so I finally hop and look to see he's got the latch down but its not on the ball and pretty much don't know what the **** he is doing and I find myself working to hard to hook the ****ing trailer up by myself again and man its getting hot.

Still can't find that ****ing spanner wrench. All this time spent dicking around the shop and driving around nowhere getting not much done has made me weary though I wasn't to pissed off to see I had gotten a couple bucks in my checking account somehow.

I don't even hear the seat belt chime in my pickup anymore. If someone's riding with me I notice it, that's about it.

I like the part about the strangling till the eyes pop out though.

I don't even hear the seat belt chime in my pickup anymore. If someone's riding with me I notice it, that's about it.

I like the part about the strangling till the eyes pop out though.

I got into this guy's truck : the seat belt chime was going off and he was blasting some AM newstation driving down the road trying to have a conversation about what my wife does for a living.
I dunno, does being a tin can with all that racket not equal instant insanity?

I tried that but it still got to be a aggravating tangle when I wanted to use the belt.
Listen ya dumb ****ing baboon ... Take an hour and go to the junk yard and cut a seat hook off a junk dodge I guarantee the yards full of em . Then when you actually wanna wear it switch and spin that clip up into your hair bun !

What's funny is that my neighbor has Lord's over there now chopping away and I think I just saw the idiot kid I had hired a few years ago running around over there in a wife beater, shorts and sneakers.
Let me tell you about strangling a ************. I'd do it cause I hate the shape of his head... even when I tried to cover it up with a hard hat. He ain't got no hat now. The back of his head is kinda flat, like a good target for a board.

Jesse is over there dressed the same running a big saw, no glasses, no ears. I don't know who they got to climb but he must have the patience of a saint or just a dumb.

I gave the kid an 80 dollar handsaw and 20 dollar clipper, told him to clip the vines from the dirt and cut the clean branches with the saw and explained why. I turn around and he is proudly done the job and holding up my 80 dollar handsaw caked in black dirt, teeth worn worn down and talking about how he called his dad to pick up the firewood and is bringing the 6 year old daughter who he has custody of because his exgirlfriend is a drug whore and his dad is on The Comp and they are going hunting for two weeks leaving me by myself with tons of work after I pretty much GAVE the stupid ass a job after listening to his sob story which wasn't even about anything I already mentioned and everytime I was backing up he was running his mouth about nothing in particular, surely not about the car coming his way, or bent over his phone in the way of the side view mirror and the one time I had him flagging turned out to be such a cluster **** I about just ran him over twice while he stood and watched once by accident ( his)once on purpose ( mine) so I am sure they are over there confirming within themselves that I am indeed a lunatic without purpose, like I never first explained things, like they don't know.

When I first met MDS I was making fun because his guys ripped the door off the truck and were just plain dumb stupid, much like these guys at Lord's. None of Lord's doors match. I have no patience for people that.

Listen ya dumb ****ing baboon ... Take an hour and go to the junk yard and cut a seat hook off a junk dodge I guarantee the yards full of em . Then when you actually wanna wear it switch and spin that clip up into your hair bun !

Not a one in the yards that I found cause I was looking. I can't use the middle belt's hook cause its not the same.

So I can't even drive the truck now and I need to so I can make yet another trip to the hardware store this time for a ****ing SPANNER WRENCH! I'll get there and have to buy a whole new grinder to get the wrench. I'd guess I'd make one but I need the grinder to make one so you see my only recourse is to throw the rest of the crap I got out along with my shoes and go live along the mighty Po River with Mick Dodge.

ah the light bulb has come on in the attic.

Don't think I haven't already pretty much thought everything through before I start to flip out.

The best truck I had for tree work didn't have any doors. An old Scout. It was big enough to pull trees and work with, very easy to get in and out of. Ya know what it can get like with all the trucks and all the doors.

They sell replacement spaner wrenchs. I hardly ever use mine. I just push the wheel on the bench and it lossens the nut. The dealer can turn off the seat belt ding for you.

What for spaner wrench do you need

The stupid little ones that come with 4 1/2 inch angle grinders to fit the chuck. I have two from old grinders that don't fit the new one. I know its around this ******** somewhere.

I just need to weld in this crossmember.

They sell replacement spaner wrenchs. I hardly ever use mine. I just push the wheel on the bench and it lossens the nut. The dealer can turn off the seat belt ding for you.

I fount it! I had tried to just spin it off, it was to tight and I bumped my thumb which had gotten cut last night on a can of beans and the thought of dicking around with the ****ing grinder combined with everything else at the time seemed proper for a tantrum.

Like I said I almost never use a wrench on my 4-1/2" Dewalt grinder.

So did you buy the oil leaker?

I have it for another week till it goes back to the shop and godamn if the repair order don't say it was fixed. Sound familiar? Can't wait to hear their ******** but yes I plan to buy it.

Latest posts

Back