whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the tree still attached to the stump (by the crummy fence)? Or is that other log lying on the ground part of it?
Photo kinda looks like the tree was starting to uproot from heavy lean.
Think I need to go to bed, lol.

That log was from another tree removal. He had 3 dead pines. The tree was hinged and cut really low. I don't know if its still attached at the time of photo.

Was on the road to the job by 7 am, seent a lot of people zipping around in little cars seemingly on their way to somewhere important. Is it always like that so early in the morning? What gives? I am missing something? I dunno but I am glad its always in the opposite direction I am going.

Had my friend the forest fighting logger come down to help me TD these two silvers. I like the guy but these loggers, dude, oof, I tell you, always with the pounding of the wedges and the cranking on the come-a -long on four inches of hinge. I think they sleep with their saws and axes. Finally , after wearing myself out cranking on that damn thing I say, " just cut a little more" and then it, well, then, and of course the ****ing thing will come over and it did. Where do they learn this obstinacy?

Started this morning with the client capping off a .38 round to get his caged shepherd to stop barking. Then he was off and running his Wild Thang under me all day. We were supposed to leave everything but around noon I went to get my chipper so the old coot wouldn't die.

Hit a horseshoe in the trunk of one of the silvers. Isn't that a thing? To toss a horseshoe in the V crotch of a silver in 1932? We noddled and dicked with it til it was a pile of dust, I was about to leave the ************ but that stubborn logger wouldn't stop.

Got out of there around 4 and it was the same damn thing all over again! Just a bunch of little car flying in the opposite direction I am going. Go figure. I am just glad they fixed the potholes so they stop swerving into my lane.

Was on the road to the job by 7 am, seent a lot of people zipping around in little cars seemingly on their way to somewhere important. Is it always like that so early in the morning? What gives? I am missing something? I dunno but I am glad its always in the opposite direction I am going.

Had my friend the forest fighting logger come down to help me TD these two silvers. I like the guy but these loggers, dude, oof, I tell you, always with the pounding of the wedges and the cranking on the come-a -long on four inches of hinge. I think they sleep with their saws and axes. Finally , after wearing myself out cranking on that damn thing I say, " just cut a little more" and then it, well, then, and of course the ****ing thing will come over and it did. Where do they learn this obstinacy?

Started this morning with the client capping off a .38 round to get his caged shepherd to stop barking. Then he was off and running his Wild Thang under me all day. We were supposed to leave everything but around noon I went to get my chipper so the old coot wouldn't die.

Hit a horseshoe in the trunk of one of the silvers. Isn't that a thing? To toss a horseshoe in the V crotch of a silver in 1932? We noddled and dicked with it til it was a pile of dust, I was about to leave the ************ but that stubborn logger wouldn't stop.

Got out of there around 4 and it was the same damn thing all over again! Just a bunch of little car flying in the opposite direction I am going. Go figure. I am just glad they fixed the potholes so they stop swerving into my lane.
I know about that little car thing, i mean why is everyone in such a big dam hurry to get some ware at the risk of killing themselves. It seams every other day i will be driving the chip truck full of chips and towing the chipper when some piece of **** pulls in front of me only to hit the brakes, like i can stop on a dime. One day they are going to do that and i will hit the gas, as having to drive with such aggravation in causing me to lose my mind.

Near constant wind with gusts up to 45 mph all freaking day today. Of course, we're out in the country with no wind block at all. Yesterday, I pulled the plug at noon because of the wind and today was worse. But since we lost hours yesterday...we stayed out today. I hate that wind....it makes everything twice as much of a pain in the ass! I actually threw my hard hat once today which is very uncommon. I'm usually pretty laid back and almost never lose my cool. No customers saw that though. We were by ourselves.

Near constant wind with gusts up to 45 mph all freaking day today. Of course, we're out in the country with no wind block at all. Yesterday, I pulled the plug at noon because of the wind and today was worse. But since we lost hours yesterday...we stayed out today. I hate that wind....it makes everything twice as much of a pain in the ass! I actually threw my hard hat once today which is very uncommon. I'm usually pretty laid back and almost never lose my cool. No customers saw that though. We were by ourselves.

Around here the newspeople have been trying to scare us about the wind so I was concerned and started laughing when the said 20 mph. Ha! 20 mph? What's that? A desk fan blowing me whilst I nap?

And listen, buddy, two words fer ya: next time buy a freaking hat with a chin strap!

Got a work order from a property manager this morning. Clean up broken branches laying on Fence. Piece of cake. Get to the job site and its actually a 38" sycamore laying in a white pine ready to crush 3 townhouses. I hate property managers.

Its better when they have no idea if you know what I mean.

11183441_1588452991431066_6036940700401238319_n.jpg

Here I am playing treeman and bucking fer the Arborist of the Year Award. Had it down pretty quick, just lowered the one limb on the right and re-planted the rest in the yard like a complete and utter crack addicted whore. I am still on Drt and don't think I will switch.

10308347_1588452958097736_1116078997436450850_n.jpg

There is the client bent over his Wild Thang after shooting at his dog.

11164709_1588453008097731_8654257468877845310_n.jpg

There is me cutting the small end because I know what's in the big end. Right? This pic was taken right before my partner hit the shoe.

11113817_1588453021431063_3500681543369116549_n.jpg

There is that horseshoe and I told the client that if it was July I would have left the entire trunk whole right there and went home after the first hit. I said if he wanted us to cut anymore he was going to start buying chains but I had another 44 with a beat up chain and my partner on the job had gumption and it wasn't that hot yet so we pursued.

Back