whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol when I worked for the lawn care company, the owner would give me those guys. My job was to work them into the dirt and make them cry for their mommies. Glad to see its not just a thing around here but its wide spread. Maybe he will learn a thing or two, or turn his loaf of bread soft a** into a rock hard worker... But i bet not...lol

More of the same.

My helper dragging brush. I forgot to take an after pic of the drive at the end of the day, maybe tomorrow my brain will be working.
TreesAlongDrive4.png

finally got the womans sd card so i could get some pics from the day. Kevin is climbing and i am running his rigging. From start to down pour about 2 hours. and we took about a 45 min break while the ground crew dumped a trailer. If we would have known it was going to start raining like it did we wouldnt have waited for the ground crew, but i had another job to look at and the back yard was full...lol

Attachments

• DSC_0462.JPG
    DSC_0462.JPG
    790 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0480.JPG
    DSC_0480.JPG
    689.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0482.JPG
    DSC_0482.JPG
    716.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0499.JPG
    DSC_0499.JPG
    544.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0537.JPG
    DSC_0537.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0582.JPG
    DSC_0582.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 60
finally got the womans sd card so i could get some pics from the day. Kevin is climbing and i am running his rigging. From start to down pour about 2 hours. and we took about a 45 min break while the ground crew dumped a trailer. If we would have known it was going to start raining like it did we wouldnt have waited for the ground crew, but i had another job to look at and the back yard was full...lol
Most guys round here woulda fit all that brush on one trailer, haha. We have a guy that dumps at our yard that has a dump trailer and he comes in with loads 12 feet tall 3 times a day every day.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Same job again today. Took a few pics, got rained out. Saw an Asplundh crew setting a climb line in a 15' pine. lol

The driveway cleaned up.
TreeAlongDrive5.png

Looking the other direction. Doesn't do it justice without before pics. I'll have to wait 5 years now.
TreeAlongDrive6.png

Here's a sort of before pic. The grass and weeds were about 2' high when I stared and the trees limbs were growing into path of the driveway.
TreeAlongDriveway.png

Same job again today. Took a few pics, got rained out. Saw an Asplundh crew setting a climb line in a 15' pine. lol

The driveway cleaned up.
View attachment 434679

Looking the other direction. Doesn't do it justice without before pics. I'll have to wait 5 years now.
View attachment 434680
if we go over head high we are tied in sometimes a rope will make climbing a small tree a lot easier...

if we go over head high we are tied in sometimes a rope will make climbing a small tree a lot easier...

The trees above all were done from the ground with a pole, up to 20' or so. It would have been easier to climb them, if they had dead wood higher than the pole would reach I would have climbed, but with everything low and so many trees it was faster to use the pole.

Thing about the 15' tree they were roping into, it was the only tree there. A little White Pine, it may have only been 12'. They might have been training a new guy or something, because I see their vehicles parked on the lot next to the tree a lot.

No joke man, whats up with all these people not wanting to work? Are the government benefits getting better or something? I had two guys not show up... One, his ex didnt pick up the kids, his oldest son is 15 but he doesnt think is old enough to watch his 6 year old... The other I have no idea. Now im short an arbor trolley and two hands.... Its gonna be a great day.

why not add insult to injury, a big job i had lined up for next week just called. another tree service came in and under bid me by a good bit i guess. They are even taking out another tree and are going to split a much as they can fit along his fence row. Plus grind stumps. I had planed to grind the stumps but i wasnt planing on splitting any wood, or the other tree that he never mentioned to me. I dont know, hopefully they take care of him.

Meh, honestly after stump grinding having to adjust my insurance for what ever it was he wanted, and the clean up. Im not sure i was going to make much money. It was really starting to scare me. The more i thought about it today the more im glad someone else got it. I didnt bother to ask how much the other bid was for. I had told him depending on weather conditions and a few other factors there could be a $1000 difference (lower) then the estimate i gave him. So if they cut it that bad and added another tree and are going to split on site, grind stumps, and clean up, its all them. I do know who under bid me though. I didnt bat an eye when he said all that just, Well sir, i hope they preform the task they have set before themselves to the standards you were expecting, if you need anything in the future please give me a call, have a nice day.

We call em jack legs round these parts...lol hey wait am i being lumped into that bunch? I represent that remark!!!!! hahahaha:dumb2:

Just got this in today. 44 hp kubota with less than 700 hours. I have a lot of work to do on the wheel though.
7958a68baef984f68ceffe11c19446ed.jpg

Back