whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holding down the fort here. Kind of sucks being the only one here, I can't even use the bathroom and go figure the phone rings or someone walks in the shop.

My buddy that owns the place went out to work on a land clearing job, he's building some fence rows around I think an 80 acre section of property. It's all woods right now so having to use the excavator and dozer.

Went to fill the excavator and some ***** broke the fuel cap off, I guess to steal fuel. It's a locking cap and no damage to the fill neck so not too sure how the pulled it off... drilled out the lock cylinder maybe?
Anyway, the tank was almost empty so they didn't get much fuel, but they made a mess and took the cap. The filler is about 4" and it's rained a fair bit since it was last used last weekend.
So... now going to have to mess with draining water out of the fuel tank, plus getting a new cap.

It's not like stuff is hard enough to deal with right?

So nice to hear from a member of the 8" chipper owners club. Glad you stepped out of the bathhouse, wiped off your lips, put on a clean white tee shirt and threw in your two cents. Lol.

Just figured it was time to invest in a new mower. The old one has been so good to me.:)
IMG_20150715_142400_607.jpg

Man I hate gypsy moths. This time of year the cocoons are rotting and every time I climb an oak I'm dry heaving half the time from that god awful smell. It's like rotting flesh and gym socks. Then you get this heat kicking. Oye vey.
Still looking for s groundie. Talked to one prospective guy but he was trying out for another tree service in my town with an owner I've never heard of before. Probably bullshite.
Hey Jeff, what the dew point in your desert state?

Threw out all of my psychology books today.

Then I was after the major dead in a couple 100 foot two lipped popples and the wind picked up, the sky darkened and I set my toe on the dead limb and sent it crashing down on the new deck make out of high end Trex and littered with planters and brick an brack. It barely left a mark, missed everything and my groundie even lived.

Threw out all of my psychology books today.

Then I was after the major dead in a couple 100 foot two lipped popples and the wind picked up, the sky darkened and I set my toe on the dead limb and sent it crashing down on the new deck make out of high end Trex and littered with planters and brick an brack. It barely left a mark, missed everything and my groundie even lived.

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Jeff

I have a couple of Torrey pine tree's to remove in Del Mar on Tuesday, Gotta set up the site on Monday afternoon, big as-s pine's,
No crane access, no good access for anything and Torrey wood is very heavy.
We do have a group of wounded warriors that want the wood for their programs,
I will post post pic's ,,
It was a beautiful day!
Jeff

Well, we did those Torrey pine removals this week. The access sucked, but the property on the other side was very specific,,,,not one drop of sap on his side.
We tarped the entire deck next door. It was a pretty smooth job.
Jeff,,

Well, we did those Torrey pine removals this week. The access sucked, but the property on the other side was very specific,,,,not one drop of sap on his side.
We tarped the entire deck next door. It was a pretty smooth job.
Jeff,,
nice of you jeff to support the wounded warriors.

Took out a big codom silver maple today. They always seem to get bigger when you go back to do the job. Hornets nest really put a damper on things. At least I spotted it before we started. It was a postage stamp of a backyard so almost everything had to be rigged. Rocked the HH srt all day. It was a hot, humid, hornet filled, beautiful day.

Seen a sign company right in the middle of town with a big chunk missing out of the boom on his truck I'd say a chunk about the size of a milk jug was completely gone from the fiberglass on his altec. I almost had a wreck when I seen it they had a sign hooked to the material handler up about 40ft...

Seen a sign company right in the middle of town with a big chunk missing out of the boom on his truck I'd say a chunk about the size of a milk jug was completely gone from the fiberglass on his altec. I almost had a wreck when I seen it they had a sign hooked to the material handler up about 40ft...
thats how you load test bucket trucks

Latest posts

Back