whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jeff, how did this unfortunate event occur? Hopefully since he is a climber you hold in regard , it was no direct fault of his own and a factor he had no control over.

I know an experienced climber. Stopped to re tie-in wasn't tied in twice.standing on a dead limb and it broke. 40 or so foot drop straight down. Pins in the knees. Busted up foot was in a wheel chair and crutches end of summer& all last winter. Now he's back at it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Your right. The trade was a Friends and family thing,but if I could do it over I would just skip the whole thing

This is interesting, that no one has asked how an experienced climber fell, ok, I will let it go.
Jeff

It was actually the first thing I thought to ask then remembered that you prefer to not answer questions so I asked a question that you couldn't answer but in reality I do want to know.

7:30 AM walk out to a boot on my girlfriends car (really my car that she just parks wherever she pleases)$475
4ac027199b407febe41a058b1e570f3b.jpg

the bucket truck won't start needs an alternator & batteries $400

get to the job and just as we finish and time to load the logs the winch cable on the crane starts to unravel in the middle. new cable $1100
3d9a1a32f0e85cdff15afa273b13deb7.jpg

then at the end of the day on the way in, one of my guys totals the car that I traded it for a tree job and haven't even transferred yet!!
27a59471d54287d6a1789aecf55600c2.jpg

That's all in one day!
[emoji1]

Good thing you didn't have to take a leak during the day!

A storm blew through my part of the state and destroyed a ton of stuff. Some guy got killed in his suv from a tree falling. I'm swamped but everything is working so far.

Luck you, if your swamped with work that drive shouldn't be a problem lol... still sucks but at lease your busy and can afford to fix it. Hope that storm works out well for you. About done with our job hoping the one I look at tomorrow we get. Would be nice if it was monster too but I'll settle for just getting the job.

Luck you, if your swamped with work that drive shouldn't be a problem lol... still sucks but at lease your busy and can afford to fix it. Hope that storm works out well for you. About done with our job hoping the one I look at tomorrow we get. Would be nice if it was monster too but I'll settle for just getting the job.
So are you full time part time or hobbiest? Seems you are not to bizzy?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My company isnot even a year old yet. While we work weekly, I'm no where near buried up with work. We are still building a reputation in our area. We work under 40 hours a week so I guess you could call us part time...lol:sweet:

Kinda,,,
Jeff

Just spit it out!

See, you were never exactly very forthcoming with conversation so we didn't ask and have been putting up with yer one liners just to keep you from hurting yerself. It been a chore for us but what can we do? Now, as yer doctor I really do advise you to tell us what what happened.

Goddamnit. Big thunderstorm coming over the area. It's been a long time ago ive seen them this big for here.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Just spit it out!

See, you were never exactly very forthcoming with conversation so we didn't ask and have been putting up with yer one liners just to keep you from hurting yerself. It been a chore for us but what can we do? Now, as yer doctor I really do advise you to tell us what what happened.

ok Doc,, his name is Erik, he was one of my best climber's and a great crane guy. He worked for us for several years and of course he wanted to move into management. An opportunity with another tree company opened up and he went to work there. He has a boy 2 years old and a baby girl due next month. Anyway,
he was out doing estimates when his boss called and said his client had a drone stuck in the top of a palm tree at a hotel in La Jolla.
Erik was in the area and had his gear with him, so he went there. The drone was stuck at the top of a 60' palm. Those palms are skinned all the way up and the was maybe a year or so growth. He did not have a friction saver. He got the drone and tied in to the head thru the green fronds and started to descend. About 20' from the top during his descent, all the fronds he used to tie into had peeled off. He dropped 40' and crumpled like an accordion.
The drone survived
Jeff

ok Doc,, his name is Erik, he was one of my best climber's and a great crane guy. He worked for us for several years and of course he wanted to move into management. An opportunity with another tree company opened up and he went to work there. He has a boy 2 years old and a baby girl due next month. Anyway,
he was out doing estimates when his boss called and said his client had a drone stuck in the top of a palm tree at a hotel in La Jolla.
Erik was in the area and had his gear with him, so he went there. The drone was stuck at the top of a 60' palm. Those palms are skinned all the way up and the was maybe a year or so growth. He did not have a friction saver. He got the drone and tied in to the head thru the green fronds and started to descend. About 20' from the top during his descent, all the fronds he used to tie into had peeled off. He dropped 40' and crumpled like an accordion.
The drone survived
Jeff

Sorry to hear that Jeff.
Crazy how quickly it can go from an ordinary day to some crazy **** like that. Love and live every day like it could be your last. You just never know.

Latest posts

Back