whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the cleanest tree truck, chip truck I have ever seen

other than on a dealers lot.

and I'm not being a smart ass either, that is NICE.........

As nice as this?
b41ca82ed467410f578deaf5a69a3c85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Customer got back to me about that bum driveway. Wants me to shell out $1500 to patch the marks and have the whole driveway sealed. I told him to check his head. My insurance got back to me and said I'm not responsible for sealing this *******'s whole 200' driveway.

Other than that it's been a very profitable week. All the wood from the storm work I forwarded to the road and scavengers have been stealing it. Lucky for me huh? I hah dealing with rotten wood.

The crazy part is that he's my age. Around 35. Not some old racist windbag. And he got my name from someone I know. It's just nuts that he wants me to pay to have the whole driveway professionally sealcoated so "the house has more curb appeal when I want to sell it."

640? Why not 650? Don't think I've ever done one in 20$ increments lol

Declined one today... Another tree service had took out a fence, back porch and entire garden. They had topped it and took out the service and phone lines leaving only the limbs over the house... before they left they made 2 cuts at the base on both sides leaving only about 12 inches in the middle of the tree! No access for a bucket truck... Not a good situation

I just got out of their ASAP every car that drove by slowed down and seen my company name on the truck... those guys are definitely bottom of the barrel to put a cut the tree like that. As I moved limbs and leaves away from the base I discovered the cuts... always inspect the base of the tree!!!

We did a little take down at an apartment complex last week. Hickory so dead branches were falling on tenants. I had written a contract for $800 to do the job but the person that would be the one to sign it never made it around the office. Office girl said she couldn't sign it...maintenance guy didn't have a clue. Anyway we got a frantic call from the girl in the office that a branch had fallen and barely missed a person walking down the sidewalk and that she had a verbal green light from the out of state owners to get the job done asap. Could they not email or fax the damn contract? So...I go over and barricade off the site and send a crew in the am to do the job. Leave the invoice with the office girl. Now comes the call yesterday from the owner that he "Could have gotten a goddamned wetback from around there to do that job for $200...where in the Hell do you get off charging $800 for that job. I'm going to have the office send you $400 and you can go to Hell." Don't you just love it. Of course, nobody to blame for that one but me.

I would be wild after that phone call! Get the cheque the go back and dump the logs and chips in a pile where the tree was! Half price = half job! He didn't sign your contact saying "full clean up"! He can have his damn wetbacks come and clean it up! I like how people get in a big rip and gotta have you there right away and then ***** about the price! "We are having a party this weekend and I need this tree pruned or the hedges touched up" Well we are booked 2 months out but I will see what I can do. Go give them a quote and tell em you can probably squeeze them in and then they have a melt down when you give them the price! Had a guy call me up to look at a dead oak tree. He is having a interlocking brick driveway installed and wants the dead oak out before so the bucket truck doesn't have to go on the new driveway. Its a 60' dead oak near the house, not a lot of brush but in a garden with shrubs under it. I tell him its all gonna have to be roped down etc. I tell him $650 and he has a melt down! He says " oh every year it goes up and up" I said I haven't done a tree like this for you before so how do you know? I said well I can leave the wood in log length and I will do it for $500. He says ok I will ask the neighbour if he wants the wood. I brushed it all out and I slammed the log across the drive way, raked up and we left. I shouldn't have budged on the price but we had a job 2 doors down and this was a quick in and out while we were in the neighbourhood. It just blows my mind how the guy is getting ready to put in a $50,000+ drive way and he's wild over a $650 removal. Do people think we fly to the job on a magic carpet, our equipment is fuelled on hopes and dreams and my men work for free out of the kindness of their hearts!? Some days I have to bite my tongue until it bleeds with people! Oh and the guy was a retired teacher! The absolute worst people you can work for! They are as cheap as the day is long and they think they know everything!

I would be wild after that phone call! Get the cheque the go back and dump the logs and chips in a pile where the tree was! Half price = half job! He didn't sign your contact saying "full clean up"! He can have his damn wetbacks come and clean it up! I like how people get in a big rip and gotta have you there right away and then ***** about the price! "We are having a party this weekend and I need this tree pruned or the hedges touched up" Well we are booked 2 months out but I will see what I can do. Go give them a quote and tell em you can probably squeeze them in and then they have a melt down when you give them the price! Had a guy call me up to look at a dead oak tree. He is having a interlocking brick driveway installed and wants the dead oak out before so the bucket truck doesn't have to go on the new driveway. Its a 60' dead oak near the house, not a lot of brush but in a garden with shrubs under it. I tell him its all gonna have to be roped down etc. I tell him $650 and he has a melt down! He says " oh every year it goes up and up" I said I haven't done a tree like this for you before so how do you know? I said well I can leave the wood in log length and I will do it for $500. He says ok I will ask the neighbour if he wants the wood. I brushed it all out and I slammed the log across the drive way, raked up and we left. I shouldn't have budged on the price but we had a job 2 doors down and this was a quick in and out while we were in the neighbourhood. It just blows my mind how the guy is getting ready to put in a $50,000+ drive way and he's wild over a $650 removal. Do people think we fly to the job on a magic carpet, our equipment is fuelled on hopes and dreams and my men work for free out of the kindness of their hearts!? Some days I have to bite my tongue until it bleeds with people! Oh and the guy was a retired teacher! The absolute worst people you can work for! They are as cheap as the day is long and they think they know everything!

Yea, I had some needleprick roll up late to an appointment in a red convertible Audi and wanted all the trees in the property crown raised and tells me I can't drive on the lawn. He is having the whole lawn over seeded and this and that. I tell him $1600 for a whole day of bucket and climbing and he laughs out loud. Total prick.
Some people man, I'm having that kinda week myself.

Yea, I had some needleprick roll up late to an appointment in a red convertible Audi and wanted all the trees in the property crown raised and tells me I can't drive on the lawn. He is having the whole lawn over seeded and this and that. I tell him $1600 for a whole day of bucket and climbing and he laughs out loud. Total prick.
Some people man, I'm having that kinda week myself.

I don't even bother trying to explain it to them anymore after they think its too much or want it done for nothing. I just walk! I am always fair. Workers comp, insurance, safety certs, equipment, having a whole crew of CA's doing the work and not some hack etc... Here is my price take it or leave it. Your tree is not my problem! Some people just don't get it!

I used to lose sleep over these kinda a holes. Over the last few years I have realized that these kind of people are the types I don't want as clients. Yes the extra work would be great, but I don't need to lose sleep over it. I have clients that don't have a lot of money, but never question my proposals because they know I do good honest work. I love those people.

Latest posts

Back