whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea had the crane I think this was me reaching the log that was on the gutter

5070278f7a2b99db3e78d10ec71378ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ah,, weather is cooling down for a couple day's. Been hot as hell. Got all the school district work done and now I can break the guys into bigger and fewer crews.
So, yesterday at a big HOA we do every year, I got a call about a broken roof tile. Ok, it happens and we take care of it. We do seem to have errant big pine cones and
nice older homes with pines and such over their roofs. Anyway, it is an easy fix, one tile at the bottom of the roof. No problem.
So I take the broken tile to get a match and find out that is a Monier and I am screwed. So he said.
I found a place in Lake Elsinore called Classic Roof Tile and they specialize in discontinued, obsolete, and salvaged roof tile.
He gave me the only three he had, which was a pretty good match. I asked to pay and he said to take them, just spread the word about us. He gave me three shirts also.
Well to do what he said, I proudly attach a link,,http://classicrooftile.com/
Good find for me,,, How does a pine cone break a roof tile?, they just do,,Funny thing is you get up there to look at the damage and you see many more and you are only going to replace the one you did. It still was beautiful day.
Jeff

More "paperwork days" then I would like recently. Not a bad thing in general, we advertise with a small radio station here, and it has been paying off. Also I have kept my climber busy enough and he likes working with my company enough that he is looking at relocating to this area, and he has asked to be a bigger part of the team. The radio station and climber not normally having anything to do with one another, if he does become a partner in my company, which we have considered heavily, he wants to advertise with another more popular radio station. More targeted to our demographic market. (Honestly I went with the first radio station because they were stupid cheap 150 a month for 2 spots of my choosing. And I enjoyed the music they play. Rock and metal station.) So meeting with the the other radio station today, and a small business advisor for a game plan for the future. Did put in a few bids this week and start a small job monday. Any one here advertised on a radio station before? Ive had a couple calls a month from the little station I have been using. If you avd the cost of jobs done from the radio station at $1000 and say ive got half the jobs (with the other half being pruning jobs I intend to do later in the year when its safer for the tree.) its been a pretty good return on its investment. I hope the bigger station could net better results. Oh well off to the first meeting.

Another week til my kid goes back to school and I can get some work done. Today she was schedule to gym class from 10 to 12, that kinda screws up my day.

I dropped her off and when I got back to the house I found the gas line guys trying to extract a little dump truck like mine from the road of old wood chips I used to maintain under the ROW. I haven't spread any chips there for about a year. The gas line guys didn't have any trouble but it rained like crazy last night and they had everything out of there by dark. They call my boy Shep for a load of topsoil but he was like, " I ain't driving down there!" so they found another sucker. This truck was sunk up to its dump body, the track hoe had the whole front end 2 feet in the air and there was 3 yards of topsoil on that truck.

I went down and changed the oil in my rat trap dump truck and found the left rear axle was falling out again. It was never right since I broke it years ago. I had to drill out a couple bolts from the hub and on my way to pick up my kid around noon I was surprised the new ACE had grade 8 bolts in my size. Only 6 though.

I was going take my kid to the rope course but one of the mommies offered to take them all to some trampoline place so I forked over some cash and went back to glue those bolts in my truck. I went liberal with the red Loctite and achieved proper torque. I was real happy but even after a hardcore scrubbing and a nasal purging I still smell hypoid oil.

I went up to look at what the gas line guys did after they got out of there, they smoothed everything over and sprinkled grass seed on it. Hey! That's just how I do it!

I drove to get a case around four thirty and on the way I stopped to tell Shep all about the truck getting stuck and realized that there was a trail of pebbles that led to his yard about 3 miles long. I asked him about it, he said, " See, there was this hole..."

Anyway, I got this one tree I am gonna have to take some pictures of and ask how much. I was thinking somewhere around a quarter million but I am not sure if I am crazy or not anymore. I figured I would get a professional opinion from you.

Put a clutch in the 550 tonight. Wasn't bad putting it back together. The mechanic almost floored me when he said " they come apart this fast if you live in San Diego where every day is beautiful, not in Ohio where our roads are made of salt for six months at a time".
Finished a small residential clearing for a storm sewer upgrade today. Nice little job before three weeks of clearing for bridge replacements. One of them is for the Rail road and it's the old stone arch bridge that they put in a century ago. Got to repel down to cut trees that are growing out of the joints in the stone. The hitch hiker going srt is gonna shine on that job. Along with the ropetek comm systems we just got, it should be a fun job. Looks like we're gonna have a beautiful week end here.

Put a clutch in the 550 tonight. Wasn't bad putting it back together. The mechanic almost floored me when he said " they come apart this fast if you live in San Diego where every day is beautiful, not in Ohio where our roads are made of salt for six months at a time".
Finished a small residential clearing for a storm sewer upgrade today. Nice little job before three weeks of clearing for bridge replacements. One of them is for the Rail road and it's the old stone arch bridge that they put in a century ago. Got to repel down to cut trees that are growing out of the joints in the stone. The hitch hiker going srt is gonna shine on that job. Along with the ropetek comm systems we just got, it should be a fun job. Looks like we're gonna have a beautiful week end here.

:hi::dancing:

Got it,,,,
Today I am gonna hang and not think about the week ahead,,
Another week til my kid goes back to school and I can get some work done. Today she was schedule to gym class from 10 to 12, that kinda screws up my day.

I dropped her off and when I got back to the house I found the gas line guys trying to extract a little dump truck like mine from the road of old wood chips I used to maintain under the ROW. I haven't spread any chips there for about a year. The gas line guys didn't have any trouble but it rained like crazy last night and they had everything out of there by dark. They call my boy Shep for a load of topsoil but he was like, " I ain't driving down there!" so they found another sucker. This truck was sunk up to its dump body, the track hoe had the whole front end 2 feet in the air and there was 3 yards of topsoil on that truck.

I went down and changed the oil in my rat trap dump truck and found the left rear axle was falling out again. It was never right since I broke it years ago. I had to drill out a couple bolts from the hub and on my way to pick up my kid around noon I was surprised the new ACE had grade 8 bolts in my size. Only 6 though.

I was going take my kid to the rope course but one of the mommies offered to take them all to some trampoline place so I forked over some cash and went back to glue those bolts in my truck. I went liberal with the red Loctite and achieved proper torque. I was real happy but even after a hardcore scrubbing and a nasal purging I still smell hypoid oil.

I went up to look at what the gas line guys did after they got out of there, they smoothed everything over and sprinkled grass seed on it. Hey! That's just how I do it!

I drove to get a case around four thirty and on the way I stopped to tell Shep all about the truck getting stuck and realized that there was a trail of pebbles that led to his yard about 3 miles long. I asked him about it, he said, " See, there was this hole..."

Anyway, I got this one tree I am gonna have to take some pictures of and ask how much. I was thinking somewhere around a quarter million but I am not sure if I am crazy or not anymore. I figured I would get a professional opinion from you.

OK,, now I got it,
send me a pic and I will bid it for you,,,;)
Jeff

Paint on old equipment is awesome. Whole new perspective. Now you need factory decals/lettering to make it official.

I have always thought old painted up junk looked worse than if you just left it alone. It gives a company sort of a desperate look or something...hard to exactly describe.

Spliced up a 3/4" Tenex sling for my new porta wrap. Twenty minutes and I didn't have to pay Treestuff to do it for me.uploadfromtaptalk1440362658811.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No. The few times I needed one I borrowed from a buddy. Time to get my own

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back