whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a lot of competition in my neck. So much that there is a human capital shortage in all companies. No one who can climb or run a bucket isn't already employed. At least I don't have equipment sittin idle because I can't find a crew willing to show up and run it. That's the worst.

Very impressive. How many years have you been in business to reach this lofty state?

Very impressive. How many years have you been in business to reach this lofty state?

Ten years you dusty old fart. Nothing impressive about it. What would be impressive is if I could find reliable employees. Every time I think of buying another truck and a larger chipper I remind myself this state is full of a bunch of slackers. No point in having more equipment if no one will run it.

I think its close to 20 years here. All I can say is it gets worse, and more difficult and annoying... on all levels. Enjoy the sunshine years. You're only young once. Lol.

Got up this morning...about halfway felt like I was coming down with something. Felt terrible but way too much going on to think about staying home. I decide I'm going to stick it out and keep a positive attitude. Man I just felt like hammered ****. Banker calls about 8:45...."Did you know you had a stop payment put on a check this week? It's a $3,700+ check that was part of a deposit you made last Tuesday." No. I didn't know that. I call the client to find out WTF and have to leave a message. My 2014 chev. 1/2 ton that's my normal driving around truck is at the dealer for some freking recall **** so I'm driving one of our "spares" from the shop...a 1998 dodge diesel one ton flatbed. Anyway go to start it to leave from customer's house at 9:30 and one of the freaking batteries blows up. Just blows up right in the driveway. I don't feel like F'ing with it so I call a wrecker to haul me and it back to the shop. I plan to jump in a dump truck and just drive that for transportation...yeah, needs driven anyway...hadn't been used in a while. That's about the time the crew calls and informs me they just "Really F'ed up this guy's lake pump." I really, really, really should have just stayed in bed.

Got up this morning...about halfway felt like I was coming down with something. Felt terrible but way too much going on to think about staying home. I decide I'm going to stick it out and keep a positive attitude. Man I just felt like hammered ****. Banker calls about 8:45...."Did you know you had a stop payment put on a check this week? It's a $3,700+ check that was part of a deposit you made last Tuesday." No. I didn't know that. I call the client to find out WTF and have to leave a message. My 2014 chev. 1/2 ton that's my normal driving around truck is at the dealer for some freking recall **** so I'm driving one of our "spares" from the shop...a 1998 dodge diesel one ton flatbed. Anyway go to start it to leave from customer's house at 9:30 and one of the freaking batteries blows up. Just blows up right in the driveway. I don't feel like F'ing with it so I call a wrecker to haul me and it back to the shop. I plan to jump in a dump truck and just drive that for transportation...yeah, needs driven anyway...hadn't been used in a while. That's about the time the crew calls and informs me they just "Really F'ed up this guy's lake pump." I really, really, really should have just stayed in bed.

Lmao. I wish I could've been a fly in the cab to witness the various stages of Texas style snarling!!!

With a ten gallon hat wielding a six shooter.

I could maybe see that.

Who could deny that it'd be kinda fun walking around the job site checking on the guys and talking to the customer while wearing a six shooter and ten gallon hat?

I kinda picture him finishing a belt of Jameson's, and sliding the desk drawer closed as the pretty, southern bell secretary calls in to inform him that so and so is here for their meeting. Then barking across the desk while firing the guy. Lol... or maybe this was just my fantasy of what tree service owning would be like??:laugh:

A customer called me back to finish a cleanup after he realized how much work it was gonna be. I was very fair with him prolly way to fair anyways I took 5 of these out today and I'm maybe halfway there
8b16e0b5846d787cdfb0e5a0e967bdf5.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

A customer called me back to finish a cleanup after he realized how much work it was gonna be. I was very fair with him prolly way to fair anyways I took 5 of these out today and I'm maybe halfway there
8b16e0b5846d787cdfb0e5a0e967bdf5.jpg

You're probably gonna have an entire truck load of sawdust at the end.

I could maybe see that.

Who could deny that it'd be kinda fun walking around the job site checking on the guys and talking to the customer while wearing a six shooter and ten gallon hat?

I kinda picture him finishing a belt of Jameson's, and sliding the desk drawer closed as the pretty, southern bell secretary calls in to inform him that so and so is here for their meeting. Then barking across the desk while firing the guy. Lol... or maybe this was just my fantasy of what tree service owning would be like??:laugh:

It would be nice if that was the way it is....you have me imagining the secretary now....

No doubt with all the ripping I've been doing just to handle the blocks .... this thing was 66x40 inches across at the base i got the first 15 ft of the main stem cleaned up.. he started the cleanup with the branches so I only had one load to chip up this morning followed by 4 more of blocks everything else is blocks ..... What's gonna be really cute is if he has me grind the stump with my poor lil rayco mini work force lol I'll do it just do say I did even if it takes me a week

Crazy weather. In the last two weeks, we have had a heat wave, then a cool down, then a heat wave and today rain,,,,
I think this 'El Nino', (little boy), is gonna be epic!
It has been all beautiful day's since I last said 'it was a beautiful day. :havingarest:
Jeff

You're probably gonna have an entire truck load of sawdust at the end.
That's 1 load entirely of sawdust no cheating either I stomped it down in like three different times then threw a layer of wood on top of it to hold it down ..... One more load tomorrow and that tree is done .... Apparently the customer likes seeing me struggle with this monster so much he's gonna have me grind the stump ...... One rather Tired Rayco mini work force vs 66x40 willow stump with around 30ft of surface roots..... The battle will be epic .... This part time hobby of mine is starting to be like work or something uploadfromtaptalk1443993898532.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443993462450.jpg

Jesse

Back