whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best pic, but you can see the chip truck and tractor down there. Me and my weekday idiot are annihilating this row of spruce and hemlock floppers. Pulled 40 yards out in about five hours. Pretty fun job. I couldn't resist bidding this one to get it. Especially nice with an endless chip dump five minutes down the road.
View attachment 454715
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the one you killed us on.........like by half!:surprised3:

You going to have your workers mend chicken wire for the day?

I've only got the one moron during the week, and he's independently wealthy (so to speak), so he can go **** himself if I decide to take a day off. I gave up trying to find a third guy. Had enough of meeting new personalities for this year. I've got other guys I work with on weekends. That's when I handle the more technical jobs. Works out pretty well for now. Of course I'm not good enough to be booked out three months like you and Blakes. Lol.

My son told me he is ready for a chain saw[emoji23]
f537a1c0b0d3ba7114d1ec718444de35.jpg

I've only got the one moron during the week, and he's independently wealthy (so to speak), so he can go **** himself if I decide to take a day off. I gave up trying to find a third guy. Had enough of meeting new personalities for this year. I've got other guys I work with on weekends. That's when I handle the more technical jobs. Works out pretty well for now. Of course I'm not good enough to be booked out three months like you and Blakes. Lol.

Independently wealthy. Is that a code word for weed dealer? As long as you don't have to spend half your day hovering over the guy like a cloud making sure he's not putting straight gas in the saws or diesel in the hydraulic tank then you're good. I've been a hovering cloud the last month with the new guy. No common sense in the least.

I had a homeowner show up to a job site and told me if we wanted to remove an oak for him for $500 to mosey on over to his house. I laughed and said "yeah sure bud". We finished up early so I said to myself "why not?" Went over and saw it was an easy peasy oak. In and out in an hour. Thanks old man.

Been at this ranch house in Irvine all week. Someone topped all their euc's several years ago and now half of them died. Most of them are iffy as far as climbing goes because of decay, so we've been using the new spider lift.
I trimmed a huge tamask tree today using the lift. Would of been a two day job if I had climbed it. I had to reduce some of the tips as several have all ready broke, any way did it in 4 hours.
To use it at max height you have to have have it mostly straight up and down. But it'll get 60ft. I could see this thing paying for its self in time and production, not to overlook wear and tare on the climber. I haven't been exhausted like I normally amScreenshot_2015-10-22-18-26-33.png

Did a job in Encinitas where our team trimmed a various assortment of trees -- easy work compared to the last job I went on at an avocado farm; that was brutal.

Latest posts

Back