whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my company has been dead for a couple weeks now. Had a few calls, gave a few estimates, but no real work. Kevin says that a company he used to work for in Indy is in need of some help. Small company ISA certified arborist, pay is decent, guys not an ***hole, so why not bills gotta get paid right? The last thing I want to do is call my old boss and go back to lawn care, and im nutz if I think the ol lady will let me go back to bouncing at the strip club... So been in indy the last week playing groundie I mean not really all that different then working for myself unless its a small tree that Kevin and I thought I could do and not destroy anything...lol But guys got a nasty chipper and chip truck. His current bucket truck is down, but he is buying a new rear mount, the company that he is buying it through has been letting him demo a different model because thats all they had in I guess. It goes back Monday so until the new one comes in its all climbing work. Really im just glad to be working for a decent person who appreciates hard work, and still be working with trees, saws, ropes, and a chipper. He said he was really happy with Kevin and I as a team, and I think we may have found a new home when business is slow on our end. Its a little different working for this guy, hes all about production. Safe production, but not a whole lot of time for pics, and mostly 10-12 hour days... All in all it was a beautiful brisk and cool week in Indiana, wonderful weather to be working with trees. I can honestly say I love my job, working for myself, or Darin.

Attachments

• 20151013_104037.jpg
    20151013_104037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
Well after a few months of using a 6" chipper, that 1800xl is a beast... We were feeding it 14"-18" elm and popular today, and we have been able to fill that chip truck every day I have worked. Granted it takes 10-12 hours.... But I havent seen him drive it home with less then a full load yet!

We don't chip big hard wood, he has a bobcat for large logs and he sells fire wood. Not saying the chipper takes 12 hours of constant chipping to fill that truck by any means, but with one guy maybe two dragging brush it takes a while. Oh and it fills up faster on the removals then the pruning, but he has had a lot of pruning lined up its fall here and they are ready.

Removed a 40ft pine for a good friend who's going through a rough time ....... Good healthy tree beautiful day for a climb ...... Nice view fall colors and snow in the air good day to take my time and enjoy what i m doing

Jesse

Did 9 big pines today for a buddy.
Repaying favors.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1445215951982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445215951982.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1445215962960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445215962960.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1445215973419.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445215973419.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
Not the best pic, but you can see the chip truck and tractor down there. Me and my weekday idiot are annihilating this row of spruce and hemlock floppers. Pulled 40 yards out in about five hours. Pretty fun job. I couldn't resist bidding this one to get it. Especially nice with an endless chip dump five minutes down the road.
IMG_20151019_121951_143.jpg

Beavers!!!

e754b67f5bc274ce12902f7d3cec0950.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back