whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home a little heavy and a little later than usual tonight. Shh. Finished a three day job and had three more come in at the end. Nice. A little stuffing whole trees in the chipper with the tractor, a wraptor ride up a good sized spruce for some pruning.. some more tractoring. Then some beer.

Attachments

• IMG_20151015_173038_111.jpg
    IMG_20151015_173038_111.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Got stung in the temple last night by what I think was a hornet. Woke up this morning and my left eye is swollen shut and feels like some big sum beech gave me a right hook. Sorry boys your on your own today! Benadryl and survivor man, and coffee of coarse.
It's amazing what such a little insect can do.

Got stung in the temple last night by what I think was a hornet. Woke up this morning and my left eye is swollen shut and feels like some big sum beech gave me a right hook. Sorry boys your on your own today! Benadryl and survivor man, and coffee of coarse.
It's amazing what such a little insect can do.
Pics ??

Jesse

Picked up a couple MS201TC saws today. Have not started them yet. Any of you guys have an opinion of them.
Jeff

I was down at the dealer the other day picking up a pole saw section. They didn't have any in stock, but said they sold one to another tree service owner I'm familiar with (been around forever, pretty legitimate). Said the guy was raving about it. Said not much impresses him, but this saw did. The owner of the shop said it was actually a 201TCM? That part confused me a little, but I assume its the same saw? At any rate, this guy said he's given up on finding and rebuilding 200T's after running it. I said I'd give it a while after hearing such great things about that T540 piece of ****, and then running out and buying one. Lol.

I was down at the dealer the other day picking up a pole saw section. They didn't have any in stock, but said they sold one to another tree service owner I'm familiar with (been around forever, pretty legitimate). Said the guy was raving about it. Said not much impresses him, but this saw did. The owner of the shop said it was actually a 201TCM? That part confused me a little, but I assume its the same saw? At any rate, this guy said he's given up on finding and rebuilding 200T's after running it. I said I'd give it a while after hearing such great things about that T540 piece of ****, and then running out and buying one. Lol.

Thanks, the T540 is a good saw but some things I do not like about them. I will let you know how the new 201's are tomorrow.
Cost is a little more than the Husky.
Jeff

What don't you like about them? I'm shopping around for a new climbing saw.

They stall and flood frequently. Mine won't start consistently unless I throttle it while pulling the cord. They do boast a substantial gas tank. It lasts a long time in the tree before it needs refueling.
Power-wise it's ok.

Dose anyone run echo in the tree ?? I have no idea what they offer but in a top handle but am considering all options I'm thinking of replacing my 192 been a good saw but just want to step up from that and have a backup other than my silky

Jesse

I'm pretty close to switching to a webbing sling or no-knot system for rigging after watching these guys fumble trying to untie knots all day. They work hard though. One guy had his wife shuttle some coffees to the job site.
26a9729c62f9c1b346341c3f327f644d.jpg

3 huskies going nowhere fast.
Nothing terribly suprising about that photo...........
Could never get more than two years of reliability out of any of quite a few of those things I owned, whereas my Stihl collection has been faithful over the long haul.

Split half a cord. Located an underground hornet nest for future tactical elimination.

They stall and flood frequently. Mine won't start consistently unless I throttle it while pulling the cord. They do boast a substantial gas tank. It lasts a long time in the tree before it needs refueling.
Power-wise it's ok.
I bought one right when they came out. Ran it for a while it would run rich, flood out, and wouldn't idle. It got a carb body warranteed . It runs ok now but gets temperamental at times. I bought a second one when the storm came through this summer. It also went into the shop because it wouldn't stay idling. I like the saw when it runs well but the handle has cracked somehow too. My 201 t has been ran hard for 4 years with fuel and air filter changes and zero issues.

Latest posts

Back