whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I walk through the ROW's marking and inspecting trees and do my own work on the weekends. They probably want you to travel and give you a truck plus motel money. I'll put a mattress in the truck and crash there mostly.

The parts didn't come in to put the Yota back together, I broke this 100 dollar pressure valve on the back of the power steering pump. It has two plastic tits on it for the vaccum lines. The switch sense load of the PS and bumps the idle if it has to. The plastic tits were crusty and soaked in sludge so it could have just broke anytime. I hope to take a tour through a junkyard to scab parts for this POS truck, I'm sure I can scab a free 100 dollar PS sensor.

Then greased and adjust bearings on loader trailer, wiring, washing, put in more tie downs and lubed it up, even the jack then hit the loader with the same treatment while fixng and cleaning who the hells know what hoping to at least get a decent job done this week.

I hope its as nice tomorrow as it was today, I'll be moving firewood bins from my house to the farm and get to splitting finally. I bumped my price up from 200 to 250 this time, it went well so I might stockpile more than I did this year.

I remember selling firewood for 120 a cord.

A little bit of storm damage cleanup yesterday. Trees were knocked down by a tornado last summer. They were in a wet area and have been waiting for it to freeze up.
IMG_20170206_095728390_HDR_zps7cdavjv2.jpg
IMG_20170206_144746213_zpsqgl96zgp.jpg
IMG_20170206_144823964_HDR_zpsw95q95kg.jpg
IMG_20170206_144749462_HDR_zpsxrhcu3mp.jpg

The stumps are going to be fun. That can wait until it thaws.

IMG_1059_zps20pcdlet.jpg

IMG_1071_zpst30ptoji.jpg
View attachment 557235 froze my ass off today. It was 60 *F and pouring rain two days ago. It's gonna be 10*F at start time tomorrow. This weather is nuts!
Filled that semi twice today though. It was a beautiful ( although frigid) day

That's a nice chipper. I kicked around the idea of one of those for a while but finally bought a horizontal grinder. Training with rotochopper Monday and Tuesday. Haven't even started it yet. Getting her all stickered up tomorrow .

That tracked lift has been saving me a lot of body abuse. Wasn't sure at first but am glad I finally did it.

That looks like a pretty stout lift as far as those things go. Something like that would be a nice luxury, no doubt. Seems like you'd still have to plywood it in a lot of places, but I'm sure it's handy.

That looks like a pretty stout lift as far as those things go. Something like that would be a nice luxury, no doubt. Seems like you'd still have to plywood it in a lot of places, but I'm sure it's handy.
Ya it will tear stuff up a little under 9k pounds. I have to buy more mats and I hate spending money on them. It took a long time to get use to the movement in the boom, You put that thing out 83ft tiny movements feel like big ones. The platform is rated at 500 pounds

Ya it will tear stuff up a little under 9k pounds. I have to buy more mats and I hate spending money on them. It took a long time to get use to the movement in the boom, You put that thing out 83ft tiny movements feel like big ones. The platform is rated at 500 pounds
You're telling me. I rent a 53ft towable lift for work on hazard trees or when it would take too long to climb. When it's fully extended all the controls get a little jerky, but you get used to it.

IMG_1059_zps20pcdlet.jpg

IMG_1071_zpst30ptoji.jpg

That's a nice chipper. I kicked around the idea of one of those for a while but finally bought a horizontal grinder. Training with rotochopper Monday and Tuesday. Haven't even started it yet. Getting her all stickered up tomorrow .

That tracked lift has been saving me a lot of body abuse. Wasn't sure at first but am glad I finally did it.

Are you happy with your kboom truck still? If not, what would you do different?

Are you happy with your kboom truck still? If not, what would you do different?
Ya it's been a solid truck, Very strong for its size. I don't know that I would buy a bigger one when it comes time to replace it. Even the biggest of them fall around 120ft. If you need something that big I've found a stick crane to be easier, and cheaper.

Ya it's been a solid truck, Very strong for its size. I don't know that I would buy a bigger one when it comes time to replace it. Even the biggest of them fall around 120ft. If you need something that big I've found a stick crane to be easier, and cheaper.

Would you add a helper axle or make the dump body bigger? I've been toying with getting one when I send my int out to pasture.

Would you add a helper axle or make the dump body bigger? I've been toying with getting one when I send my int out to pasture.
Were we work its to tight to make the body bigger it's already longer than a standard bucket. I drive a 16ft one and in my area they usually send the chipper out on a pickup because of the length. I don't get to crazy over weight with the 14ft bed usually am legal.

Were we work its to tight to make the body bigger it's already longer than a standard bucket. I drive a 16ft one and in my area they usually send the chipper out on a pickup because of the length. I don't get to crazy over weight with the 14ft bed usually am legal.

I'll pm you sometime for more details. I'm looking to upgrade in a year or two.

I'll pm you sometime for more details. I'm looking to upgrade in a year or two.
When your ready to upgrade come see mine I'll sell it probably by the time you are looking for one. I'm the only person to ever run it. When I got the truck I rebuilt everything. Loader has less than 2k hours on it. I wouldn't sell it but I need a much larger one now because it has a side job of delivering mulch. I'm going to put one on a tri axle Now and once I save a few bucks I'm going to get a second one. The only reason I'm going bigger tho is im trying to get as much mulch in as I can because when they aren't doing tree work I deliver mulch and landscape supplies. I started a second business last year making silt socks, mulch and a bunch of other stuff because we make so much woodwaste I had to just to get rid of it.

You make silt sock? Give me a call or pm me if you lost my number. The company I'm working for is buying it by the semi load right now. Might be to late for this "bat" season but maybe for next year.
Also let me know if you're serious about selling the k-boom truck

**** I just might as well give you a call. Answer your phone tomorrow!!

You make silt sock? Give me a call or pm me if you lost my number. The company I'm working for is buying it by the semi load right now. Might be to late for this "bat" season but maybe for next year.
Also let me know if you're serious about selling the k-boom truck

**** I just might as well give you a call. Answer your phone tomorrow!!

I'll be around tomorrow but if you know anyone that wants it that's awesome I just got the sock portion rolling since we had the grinder to make the correct filler material the sock machine wasn't to costly.

I'm trying to stay away from using tractor trailers. So I'm thinking about building the biggest body I can on a tri axle. To deliver this stuff most of it goes locally.

Im itching to turn it on. Had it for about a week the rotochopper guys come on Monday to put the magnet conveyor on screens in and other odds and end before it gets it maden voyage. Requires 20 gallons of diesel and 2000 gallons of water per hour.
IMG_1076_zpst3tv9xuz.jpg

We've got a semi Matt. For the right price we can pick it up. I'll check my paperwork on what we pay. If it rains here most of tomorrow I'll definately be calling. If it dries up early I'm gonna be trying out the rope wrench. I've owned one for almost ever and never used it. My daughters been pestering me to do a climb with her so no better time I guess. Seven years old and she already is trying to steal my toys before I get to use them.

Latest posts

Back