whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went on 14 estimates throughout LA today. A new record for me! I would rather be in a tree though than schmoozing with potential clients.

Bid one really high that I didn't want to do. The lady was shocked.

Bid one really low that I should have bid higher. That lady was shocked too, in a different way.

Bid a whole property cleanup for 3800. I have no clue if it was high or low. It could take 2 days. It could take 4 days. We will see...

Bid another one and the guy had no clue who I was when I arrived even though we talked on the phone and scheduled it last week.

Bid a fallen over oak from a storm 2 weeks ago. Would love to get that one so I can keep the wood.

Bid a huge crazy hollow sycamore. Will be fun times with a zip line.

Bid a few more.

Met several clients dogs and cats. I always enjoy this.

Got stuck in LA traffic for a bit.

Time to eat dinner.

The end.

I went on 14 estimates throughout LA today. A new record for me! I would rather be in a tree though than schmoozing with potential clients.

Bid one really high that I didn't want to do. The lady was shocked.

Bid one really low that I should have bid higher. That lady was shocked too, in a different way.

Bid a whole property cleanup for 3800. I have no clue if it was high or low. It could take 2 days. It could take 4 days. We will see...

Bid another one and the guy had no clue who I was when I arrived even though we talked on the phone and scheduled it last week.

Bid a fallen over oak from a storm 2 weeks ago. Would love to get that one so I can keep the wood.

Bid a huge crazy hollow sycamore. Will be fun times with a zip line.

Bid a few more.

Met several clients dogs and cats. I always enjoy this.

Got stuck in LA traffic for a bit.

Time to eat dinner.

The end.

I kept seeing LA and thought you were in Louisiana until I looked at your avatar lol.

Yesterday I went with a friend down to Queens. Took us 2 hrs to get there. We went to pick up an imported / antique fountain for one of my clients. Get it on the truck, stop for lunch and dropped it off at his house until we get a loader at the client's place. We took a look at this thing, which I'm sure cost her a fortune already... GARBAGE. At some point during the day we also went and looked at a clearing job. This guy has a bunch of sugar maple and some other assorted species, wants them cleared out... but he wants to pay for the job with the wood. I laughed.

Lmfao I get allot of that too. Would you do it for the wood yeah right 1k plus wood or I tell you what 1200.00 and since you think that wood is so valuable you can sell it and get rich:hmm3grin2orange:

Finished cleaning up a maple I did yesterday. Had all the brush moved from the back yard and up a hill and chipped in an hour. With out my mini it would have taken me and my two guys 3-4 hours. Man I love that thing!

Finished cleaning up a maple I did yesterday. Had all the brush moved from the back yard and up a hill and chipped in an hour. With out my mini it would have taken me and my two guys 3-4 hours. Man I love that thing!

Ditto on that! Took down 3 big loggy walnuts , and a middle sized ash today. Had to jockey trucks cuz only 2 lisences. Ran a load of mulch while they got settled in. All 4 down, chipped, logged out, mostly raked. Oh, 4got the maple trim out front. 90+% raked up. 30+ yards of chips, and 7 loads of logs between the 2 chip trucks. Going to find out how many thousands of $ we get for the logs in the am. First 14 hour day of the year! Keep em coming! Wish you coulda seen the one log split when it slammed. 27 years living and breathing tree work, Ive never seen nothing like it. Oh, and without the mini, woulda been another full day with an extra grunty.

Ditto on that! Took down 3 big loggy walnuts , and a middle sized ash today. Had to jockey trucks cuz only 2 lisences. Ran a load of mulch while they got settled in. All 4 down, chipped, logged out, mostly raked. Oh, 4got the maple trim out front. 90+% raked up. 30+ yards of chips, and 7 loads of logs between the 2 chip trucks. Going to find out how many thousands of $ we get for the logs in the am. First 14 hour day of the year! Keep em coming! Wish you coulda seen the one log split when it slammed. 27 years living and breathing tree work, Ive never seen nothing like it. Oh, and without the mini, woulda been another full day with an extra grunty.

Geeeze hope your not counting on just the wood:)

I bought a 97 F-250 Heavy Duty, green,long bed, reg cab, this thing is straight as hell! CLEAN!(actually its real dirty) had been sitting in a barn for 10 years, guy died and my buddy got it. I paid 2g's! Turned around and bought a set of BFG AT KO 285/75 R16'S with half tread for 150 off of craigslist!
instant extra truck!

Geeeze hope your not counting on just the wood:)

Rope, we got an in with a guy. Last time it was 1k for 1 tree. This time its 3 trees. At the very least, prolly 2300. Time to go clobber a big stone dead Red Oak and two pines. FIREWOOD!!!! (the pine, not the Oak:msp_laugh:

Yesterday we did deadwood and roof clearance on a monster Ulmus amerciana on an estate. Dround 4 ft DBH and so wide that thee guys could climb it and not be able to pass a polesaw around in it.

I'm still running a slight fever, so i forgot to get a picture. Scale would ave sucked though.

Today I sat through three lectures at school, lotsa caffeine to stay awake. Hack, hack, snarf, hack.

(does that make me a hack??)

207955_202157006472953_100000359659841_634796_5298027_s.jpg

This was from a basal inspection last year.

I bought a 97 F-250 Heavy Duty, green,long bed, reg cab, this thing is straight as hell! CLEAN!(actually its real dirty) had been sitting in a barn for 10 years, guy died and my buddy got it. I paid 2g's! Turned around and bought a set of BFG AT KO 285/75 R16'S with half tread for 150 off of craigslist!
instant extra truck!

Just put a new set of shoes (285 75 r 16's 10pr) on my Silverado for $160 ea. new. Can't remember the name but real nice tread.

I am guessing you got all 4 for $150. tho?

Worked on a Habitat for Humanity site today installing back decks.

It was a beaut of a day and our snow is disappearing fast as it was 45F here and sunny today......needless to say the Alberta goo is everywhere and got home, peeled off the Carhardts right into the washing machine and headed to the snower.

Nice to be outside doing something after the crappola I went through up north last week.

Did a restoration spurless climb on a liquidambar with crown dieback. It was spooky as all dying gums are! I tried to talk the golf super into felling but he wants to plant its replacement then fell it later :) Then ground several stumps and took a drive to get new yellow jackets and stopped by the vet to get my dog her annual shots.

I rolled the dice on CL looking for a low level rake man. Well I got what I was looking for plus a forestry student has skill, desire and who needs the flexible hours.
The student guy seems allright but the 25 year old rake man is pretty interesting and downright haunting. The kid told me that a few years back he was tossed off his quadrunner and suffered a brain impalement of some kind, I didn't ask. He said he was in coma, trachyotomy, slowed speach,poor motor functions. This was obvious to me that he had brain damage.
He is a local kid, graduated from here, and sent me an impressive resume. Fork lift operater?
He brought his little daughter to persuade me to give him a job.:msp_sad: I can't imagine going through what he went through, its not like I am a stranger to danger... which is why I kept my ass off bikes with motors. I doubt I would look and feel as good as I do ifn I starting messing with them things. So I gave him a rake and told him to be ready when it stops raining.

Back in from a grindathon:dizzy: I'm sick of stumps:laugh:

I got 23 to grind Friday. Got a bid out at my condos to spray 32 pines, fertilize 99 trees and prune 25. That should come in this week.

I also found us some Osage if'n your still wanting to make us a bow. The dude wants some stumps ground.

I got 23 to grind Friday. Got a bid out at my condos to spray 32 pines, fertilize 99 trees and prune 25. That should come in this week.

I also found us some Osage if'n your still wanting to make us a bow. The dude wants some stumps ground.

what kinda spray rig you got md?

instant extra truck!

Sweet! mine sat in a barn for 10 years too, unfortunately it was a barn full of Rats! Still low miles and from down by Rope in Arkysauce so no salt. -------------------------------------------- Almost forgot, that Oak made a mess from hell. Nothing like stone dead red Oak to give you rakings a foot deep. Anybody else have the broom rake for the branch manager grapple? Sure came in handy today.

Last edited:
Just put a new set of shoes (285 75 r 16's 10pr) on my Silverado for $160 ea. new. Can't remember the name but real nice tread.

I am guessing you got all 4 for $150. tho?

Yep, New BFG's are about 240 here! so I thought it was a score! WT is a big wheeler, has a bunch of the 96-97 parts, so I call him with the list, he had them all! Hopefully it wont cost to much to get the mechanics taken care of. I figure that ill dump about a grand into it right away, replace all durables and good tuneup, all fluids changed, u-joints and brakes, and exhaust, everything works, just sitting that long, I just know it will start havin issues before to long, get them before they get me!

Latest posts

Back