whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to the bobcat?

In for "service". The dealer put something together wrong when "fixing" our effed valve bank a few months ago, been leaking pretty bad. Been having fuel issues too. Turns out the lining inside the tank was peeling off and clogging up the works, gotta pull the engine to put a new tank in...fun! Sent it in Monday for all that, a leaky pump on the driveline and a full service to the tune of $2600. Is what it is.

In for "service". The dealer put something together wrong when "fixing" our effed valve bank a few months ago, been leaking pretty bad. Been having fuel issues too. Turns out the lining inside the tank was peeling off and clogging up the works, gotta pull the engine to put a new tank in...fun! Sent it in Monday for all that, a leaky pump on the driveline and a full service to the tune of $2600. Is what it is.

Ouch!

acid_picdump_45.jpg

Mang.How could you forget to T.I.T.S.?:dizzy::hmm3grin2orange:

Look at the dude in the background with the purse. He is pissing on himself.

I like knotless, but only use the slings for speedlining. My idea of knotless is a biner on the end of my rigging line. I can tie a bowline pretty quick, but not as fast as clipping a biner. Grounds en can undo them pretty quick too.

Knotless rigging....SO THATS why you can get a spliced eye on stable braid!! But seriously...when I first saw the eyes on rigging line(in catalogs) it took me a little while to figure it out. IDK....it looks pretty cool, I guess it could be a time saver that could add up enough to matter. I do have to wonder....in ten years, will a young climber be able to rig a tree with out slings? Will he even know how to coil his line? Or will it even matter? Maybe not.

I like knotless, but only use the slings for speedlining. My idea of knotless is a biner on the end of my rigging line. I can tie a bowline pretty quick, but not as fast as clipping a biner. Grounds en can undo them pretty quick too.

Really, the only way to go. No matter how fast you can tie a knot, you cant beat the speed of opening the gate. Plus alot situations call for the needed weight to toss out a biner for balance point rigging. I only use slings for lowering several branches at time, slings are a lot slower to undo then a biner. Plus knots really seem to rattle goundys.

So just clipping a biner in place of a bowline to create a "running bowline" will cinch up just as tight? Do u use an auto locking biner? I may have to try it out.

So just clipping a biner in place of a bowline to create a "running bowline" will cinch up just as tight? Do u use an auto locking biner? I may have to try it out.

be careful with side loading the biner but if you going with a steel biner you can have less worry. personally i still don't mind tying a knot but have used both.

but with all them slings hanging off the belt it kinda looks like you going to march in the gay parade though and i prefer a bare saddle myself.

Yup, any steel locking carabiner will do (avg are rated over 10,000gs). Seems to me a lot of guys are living in the past, without a doubt the tree is the weakest link. It's 2011 trees haven't changed a bit while our gear becomes outdated by the month. Keep it simple and keep it fast is my moto, guess thats why I make the big bucks.

Today we craned out 9 mature Lombardy’s. Busy day but quite obvious in my mind that there was no panic....yet there was guys rushing around, seemingly panicking soon as the crane rolled up. Didn’t really warm to the CO nor he to I it seemed. Soon as I rejected his loggers choker, showed him how I was going to tie into the ball (not his way), and that I would tell him how much to pre-load by each time, I just got the feeling that he wasn’t happy at the loss of control on his part perhaps....could be wrong but I doubt it.

Pick after pick just separated from each tree, clinical... and multi-slinging the big tops slashed half a day off what had been priced for. Not even a ‘see ya’ at the end of the day, just got in his crane and fcked off. Boy I hope my pride never holds me back like that.

I second the OUCH!

be careful with side loading the biner but if you going with a steel biner you can have less worry. personally i still don't mind tying a knot but have used both.

but with all them slings hanging off the belt it kinda looks like you going to march in the gay parade though and i prefer a bare saddle myself.

Yep, its pretty gay looking! I bought one of those little yellow throw line bags from sherrill, holds all my beaners and slings, that way I dont have any rainbow action hangin off my but, idunno, felt like a target with them hanging off like that! (I like beaners more than biners)

I second the OUCH!

They're covering their eff up with the valve bank and yeah, it hurts with winter coming up but I can't complain. We work the snot out of that little bugger and it's made me FAR more than $2600 in the year I've had it.

They're covering their eff up with the valve bank and yeah, it hurts with winter coming up but I can't complain. We work the snot out of that little bugger and it's made me FAR more than $2600 in the year I've had it.

Thats good, most will lie and blame it one something else.
I bought mine and have hardly used it! I do way more pruning than removals, but I know that I will love it when I do. Bought that Bradco grapple, they have really beefed those things up, WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the old ones, and they where pretty good!

Yup, any steel locking carabiner will do (avg are rated over 10,000gs). Seems to me a lot of guys are living in the past, without a doubt the tree is the weakest link. It's 2011 trees haven't changed a bit while our gear becomes outdated by the month. Keep it simple and keep it fast is my moto, guess thats why I make the big bucks.

they finally move ya up to $18 per hour guy? :msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back