whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys don't talk much Mike. New cam is doing a nice job. Gonna get some poo from the a safety police re. double tie in. You use that walnut for firewood or lumber?

You guys don't talk much Mike. New cam is doing a nice job. Gonna get some poo from the a safety police re. double tie in. You use that walnut for firewood or lumber?

We try not to talk much. I push hand signals pretty hard. It was really noisy there and there was another tree service 2 houses down.

Gonna get some poo from the a safety police re. double tie in.

They can bring it. I was tied in twice all but once and for good reason. (I think it was only once)

You use that walnut for firewood or lumber?

The ho has someone who wants it for both. Hard to say what it will end up as.

Did a 3 tree trim at a residence today and for the last week my truck has started to skip.a beat u guess you could call it. Just driving down the road its like you turn the key off and then back on. I know its electrical cause when it does it the wait to start dash light comes on (97 international 444) well did it.a couple times on way to job and while trimming the last tree it did it and stalled while 40' up? Guess I don't go alone on jobs anymore but any ideas?

Sounds like a relay switch going bad, they are cheap, but they are many! Check them all, even the hidden ones up under the dash, mine are behind the glove box, there are 12 of them back there, control most of the engine electronics.

was the lower boom section verticle or was it at some sort of angle? cause if you get to the "drop off" with out a plan your srewed! but yes bad plan...

but here is a question how many of you guys go up in the bucket with a climb line? because the co. I work for (provided your never alone) nobody goes up with a climb line in the bucket...

Both booms were about 45 deg. No doubt in my mind that could have done it if I had to. I did not have a climbing in the bucket and rarely do. There is an anchor point on the boom on the bucket bracket which is where I tie off from and rig branches to if I have to. And before you beat me up for that I am very conservative, never exceed around 80# and use short tie off and tighten file before making the cut so there is no shock load.

The beiner 2000

Its wet because I just picked it up from the detail shop. As you can see, it has its own porty attachment point and a 1 point hitch, comes with a heavy duty attachment lanyard. The last pic is of the optional clean up tool, makes short work of the 1/2 mile yards, up hill, both ways. Videos coming soon of how I use this absolutely, perfect piece of equipment. I have ordered a saw head from a feller buncher to mount on the front. Then I will be able to remove DANGEROUS trees with it. My skid loader was stuck yesterday, high centered in waist deep slop, no problem, just hooked up the winch to the back of it and pulled it out with the biener, man this thing is beast. Waiting for the new mounting plate so I can hook my dump trailer to it. That will make jobs easier as I wont have to hall my blower/vac anymore. I yeah I forgot about that, also comes with a optional blower/vac combo. I will get it mounted up and get more pics. One last thing, it has so much power that I have been taking it to the drag races. 10.24 in the 1/4 with a .0000009 light. WASUUUUUP

Sounds like a relay switch going bad, they are cheap, but they are many! Check them all, even the hidden ones up under the dash, mine are behind the glove box, there are 12 of them back there, control most of the engine electronics.

Just had to replace the starter relay behind the passenger side dash like you said. I think I'll start replacing some relays. Thanks, good idea. My idle up don't work either, when I worked for MDOT all of our internationals would idle up using the cruise control switches. I have had a problem all.summer with my fast idle while operating the bucket also. I just cannot figure out how it works. There are only 2 wires going from the master switch and both are power. I know that engine is fly by wire and there are no leads as to what speeds the idle up while operating the bucket? The manual says its the flow switch so I am going to replace that but all wires and solenoids in the mast have 12v power with master on? The only thing I have not tore apart is the override switch for the.ground controls. It a TECO saturn v. Anyone point me in the right direction?

That Beiner ain't sheet! wait till I get this bad dog outfitted!!

attachment.php

Its wet because I just picked it up from the detail shop. As you can see, it has its own porty attachment point and a 1 point hitch, comes with a heavy duty attachment lanyard. The last pic is of the optional clean up tool, makes short work of the 1/2 mile yards, up hill, both ways. Videos coming soon of how I use this absolutely, perfect piece of equipment. I have ordered a saw head from a feller buncher to mount on the front. Then I will be able to remove DANGEROUS trees with it. My skid loader was stuck yesterday, high centered in waist deep slop, no problem, just hooked up the winch to the back of it and pulled it out with the biener, man this thing is beast. Waiting for the new mounting plate so I can hook my dump trailer to it. That will make jobs easier as I wont have to hall my blower/vac anymore. I yeah I forgot about that, also comes with a optional blower/vac combo. I will get it mounted up and get more pics. One last thing, it has so much power that I have been taking it to the drag races. 10.24 in the 1/4 with a .0000009 light. WASUUUUUP

I like your shadow. Is that a 1911?

Yesterdays busy work. not the best pic. this guy has an awesome setup with that grinder and sweet little tilt deck!

attachment.php

I don't make much on this sort of thing, but its nice to be able to offer the service to my customers. Cleanup ain't bad with the tractor loader and dozer blade on the winch. we did two like this. Really does make a nice job, kinda cool seeing how the grass comes in too.

attachment.php

You'll be at the top of Angus' ****list in no time! Power to the people and all that....

....but can it handle a cement mixer??

I came across a tree im not familiar with. It was a tree that reminded me of a cottonwood or a popular and it had these fruit like things with seeds in them that smelled like dog crap. The tree was about 50'. Does some one know what it is?

Man that is one sweet machine! Your groundies will be nervous when they see that roll on the job. You and Aerial Mason are showing me the future of our industry. The rake attachment looks like it will save you hours on clean up. I am jealous.:msp_angry:

I put an ad out for climbers and in the last week, I have got 4 replies. One from a guy that says he can climb anything and wanted to know what we climb trees for. Another was a guy that is 62 years old and owned his own tree company. Another went to our web site and asked if spikeless climbing was important because he said he dont climb with-out them. I think I will stop the ad and start looking out of the box. I did hire one guy. 5 years climbing, 28 years old and was recommmended by one of my guys. He starts Monday. I wish I had another Me because 12 hour days and running three to four crews is making for a busy day.
Jeff

Man that is one sweet machine! Your groundies will be nervous when they see that roll on the job. You and Aerial Mason are showing me the future of our industry. The rake attachment looks like it will save you hours on clean up. I am jealous.:msp_angry:

That's not a "rake attachment", it's called a York Rake.. and it's the most lawn friendly one EVER at that!!

The new regular phone books (not the useless YB that probably just gets thrown away) got delivered last weekend. It looks like a ton of guys bailed completely, or downsized their adds this year. My two modest adds (same add, first and last in tree service listing) literally jump out at you! You can't look up tree service in that book and not read my add. I think I actually got lucky this year. It seems to be working already. Pretty cool!

Estimate thirty..

Latest posts

Back