whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow Day

Checking trees on my HOA property for beaver damage. Seems they like living in the suburbs. Pruned 4 bradfords at the local Hells Angels chapter house. Really nice guys. They let us ride their bikes when we took a break. During lunch testified as the star witness in a Mexican drug cartel trial (declining protection program). In the afternoon, trimed 14 palm trees at the Cuban Revolutionary Retirement Home. Tonight, meeting with my MENSA group to work out the final kinks on our perpeptual motion machine (should solve the world's energy needs by 2014). All in all a slow day.:msp_wink:

I helped JPS with a yard prune and buckthorn clean up just ground work nothing fancy, but a nice easy little job.

Checking trees on my HOA property for beaver damage. Seems they like living in the suburbs. Pruned 4 bradfords at the local Hells Angels chapter house. Really nice guys. They let us ride their bikes when we took a break. During lunch testified as the star witness in a Mexican drug cartel trial (declining protection program). In the afternoon, trimed 14 palm trees at the Cuban Revolutionary Retirement Home. Tonight, meeting with my MENSA group to work out the final kinks on our perpeptual motion machine (should solve the world's energy needs by 2014). All in all a slow day.:msp_wink:

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

uhhhh, maybe I can put a pulley way up in this oak, hook stubs up to it...... and save the crane rental money for cervaza :rolleyes2:

I'm down with that. Never did get into anything I couldn't get out of... yet. Well, I guess if you count this business then that would be one thing I can't get out of... and I guess my marriage... mortgage, oh ####, jess hook it to the mower and pull it off.

Started the day out changing the blades on the chipper, dropped a socket down the drum housing:bang: fished it out with a wire, not a good beginning to the day. Removed a silver maple, have to go back to the neighbors house and take a nice size branch off the house:rock:

Packed a Grizzly and hit the woodshed. Split and stacked it up all pretty, just how I like it. I'm in between jobs today, as I finnished a 2 Soft Maple take down/clean up/grind stump job for a bank yesterday, and then layed out some big White Oaks in a dudes yard that I will clean up and finnish tommorow. Got to get that woodshed in order for the Oak that is comming in. Weather was awesome, saw some deer running through my woods, great day. Drinks on me, crap, can't get the beer mug slayer icon to work.....................

Looks lika a pin oak to me son.

Didja tell him nevermind, you'd use your garden tractor instead lol?

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumb...orax.opp.psu.edu/descriptions/pics/PinOak.jpg This is a pin oak , thank the lord that you are a great asspresser because you suck at ID of a basic species of oak , maybe you should put on the bifocals and take another gander at it, and this is a pin oak leaf , I wanna see ya match that to the pic anywhere http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumb...ainpages/misc/trees/img_tree_pin_oak_leaf.jpg

Last edited:
just to be clear because some here don't get it. I was instrumental in bringing down elements of those groups i mentioned. I was sent in to do that, and accomplished the mission in all cases.

My service in the corps is public record, beaner could get his own copy, one that i couldn't fake. He seems to think that i was a wash out at camp upsure in quantico, va. Why would i get an honorable with promotion if the marines didn't want me? They did want me, it's just that somebody wanted me more, and had the juice to get me. That's all i'm going to say about that so you get your prayer ozzy.

Thank you for your kind words though, i know that after reading the hysterics and accusations by the usual suspects it would give you the idea that i am a lier, traitor, and drug addict. None of these are true, other than the "my" lamborghini comment i made, everything i have posted here is the truth to the best of my knowledge.

I am pretty much a self taught tree climber, and i do have a lot to learn. Today's work was an example of how not to handle a tree in vines. I could post the video, but it is so much an example of what not to do that i will refrain. It would be met with howls of derision here so i'll not bother. But regardless of the methods they all came down safely and with no damage. We actually had a good time today, it was hard not to, it being such a perfect fall day.
who cares your posts are like little root canals to experience for us ........get it

Coral trees, that did not do it tho.
Sheared two bolts and now I know to change the bolt's every third blade change.
I should of known.
Jeff

Yup, that's no fun to be around. Those bolts get stretched with all the pounding day in, day out. Obviously a clean blade surface is important when installing. Getting saw dust packed in there will cause them to snap too.

uhhhh, maybe I can put a pulley way up in this oak, hook stubs up to it...... and save the crane rental money for cervaza :rolleyes2:

I would :) but not for what ever the f you said. I would save if for my pocket:) I only rent a crane if absolutely necessary or if so busy it is worth extra cost.

Coral trees, that did not do it tho.
Sheared two bolts and now I know to change the bolt's every third blade change.
I should of known.
Jeff

Jeff only time I have seen that was when a convict the company hired, throw-ed a big rock in to tear up the chipper to get out of work. He thought he really did it but I put some used dull blades in and welded the cover back in two hours had him drag brush til I got back at noon then watched him chip during the heat of day:) I knew what happened but did not see it, my trusted hand said it freaked him out that I knew what the prick did. He was intimidating my good help from telling on him he did not last long once i got his number though. Just saying bro.

Yup, that's no fun to be around. Those bolts get stretched with all the pounding day in, day out. Obviously a clean blade surface is important when installing. Getting saw dust packed in there will cause them to snap too.

Wow, I have never ever had bolts snap and the same bolts in mine for ten years:)

Back