whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, MDS that'll be enough please. Getting too personal. Any more shots at eachother, I'll just delete the post, so don't bother. Its over as of...............now. I like K boom's and green paint job pics. Actually I like shop pics. I always find myself checking out the background in the pics, like looking at all the tools some ya'll have. Its Friday :rock:

I hear you man. I was actually trying to be better.. up until this latest round, that is. I guess I just got sucked in..

I'll try and get back on track.. sorry about that.. :angel:

Yea I agree let's talk about work for a week or so cause watching someone get smacked around like an old rag doll and lose all there dignity should be a treat and now its just the norm there should be a once a week cap ... That's just my take on it ....anyway I am on my way to childrens hospital in a few... Should be pretty stressful so later I will be back for some comic relief

Yea I agree let's talk about work for a week or so cause watching someone get smacked around like an old rag doll and lose all there dignity should be a treat and now its just the norm there should be a once a week cap ... That's just my take on it ....anyway I am on my way to childrens hospital in a few... Should be pretty stressful so later I will be back for some comic relief

Well not sure what your going for but just because its the size of a childs doesnt mean they can operate on it there for you.

Well not sure what your going for but just because its the size of a childs doesnt mean they can operate on it there for you.

So basically what your saying is there is absolutely no crime in the city of Hartford , cause apparently there are no trees either in the state to work on to speak of ...LOL its my son not me

So basically what your saying is there is absolutely no crime in the city of Hartford , cause apparently there are no trees either in the state to work on to speak of ...LOL its my son not me

Nope tons of trees and even more crime... I just decided that my buddy needed a little comic relief and since I am taking the day off to celebrate my wifes birthday, my wife could wait until I spread some of my special cheer... I hope all goes well.

At the shop till 11:30pm last night fixing the winch on one of our grapple Chippers, dumbass design, works great now just not sure why you need a plasma cutter and a mig welder to get a winch to work right, came from Woodsmen worthless, the winches on their hand fed Chippers work great but they put a real pos design on the grapple machines.

Replaced the auto feed plus unit also not complaining lasted 4600 hrs and we have 5 machines with the same controller and have never replaced one before, the oldest one has 9800 hrs on it now and the auto feed works great.

Got to the job this morning, its a teardown and we are taking down a bunch of trees down around the house to make room for a bigger house. The builder tells us there is nothing to worry about in the yard drive right in... found a 4'x4'x6' homemade cinderblock drywall type structure with the front tire of the crane. Dropped the crane to its axle, was able to drive out with the diffs locked, so no harm done. The scary part is I was going to set up with one of my riggers right where the tank was, I am very glad I found it with my tire

Hope everything goes Ok for your son. Yeah it's been quite the show in here this week!

At the shop till 11:30pm last night fixing the winch on one of our grapple Chippers, dumbass design, works great now just not sure why you need a plasma cutter and a mig welder to get a winch to work right, came from Woodsmen worthless, the winches on their hand fed Chippers work great but they put a real pos design on the grapple machines.

Replaced the auto feed plus unit also not complaining lasted 4600 hrs and we have 5 machines with the same controller and have never replaced one before, the oldest one has 9800 hrs on it now and the auto feed works great.

Got to the job this morning, its a teardown and we are taking down a bunch of trees down around the house to make room for a bigger house. The builder tells us there is nothing to worry about in the yard drive right in... found a 4'x4'x6' homemade cinderblock drywall type structure with the front tire of the crane. Dropped the crane to its axle, was able to drive out with the diffs locked, so no harm done. The scary part is I was going to set up with one of my riggers right where the tank was, I am very glad I found it with my tire

Wow, that's awesome for that many hours on those chippers! Your right, glad you found that hole before you started hoisting trees!

Nope tons of trees and even more crime... I just decided that my buddy needed a little comic relief and since I am taking the day off to celebrate my wifes birthday, my wife could wait until I spread some of my special cheer... I hope all goes well.
thanks man all is well we were actually sent home because he was weazing and they couldn't do the procedure , so were gonna reschedule for August and. Happy birthday to your wife , her 23rd birthday is a big one LOL , mine however is looking @ me like she's gonna pounce on me and not the good kinda pounce

Last edited:
thanks man all is well we were actually sent home because he was weazing and they couldn't do the procedure , so were gonna reschedule for August and. Happy birthday to your wife , her 23rd birthday is a big one LOL , mine however is looking @ me like she's gonna pounce on me and not the good kinda pounce

hah you hit it right on the head... she is 23, but for the 18th time.

This is a plum tree I started taking care of about 5 years ago on one of my large properties. The property manager had initially wanted me to weed it out when it was about the size in diameter of my thumb. I recognized it was a plum and decided to give it a chance, even though it was in sad shape. 5 years down the line and it is around 8" at the base and loaded with fruit... I never get to enjoy any of the fruit though; the landscrapers allways beat me to it.

59909c52302e448dad85884f50f7921d.jpg

What a fun day it was, deadwooding an old growth willow.
Had Brian come out and give me a hand up in the willow, he take one side I the other.
These HO's so far were the best people I've worked for, very pleased with our work.

Brian is in the hiviz green shirt and Im in white.

In this pic Brian got the best tie TIP.

012-1.jpg

Heres me deadwooding.

024.jpg

027.jpg

Here's Brian taking a HUGE leap and made it...nice job!!

035.jpg

Latest posts

Back