whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We took down a big Red Oak today.....really nice tree.....up and died about a month ago.......36" dbh....about 80'......lots of rigging....big fun

then grinded 6 stumps and fell a big red oak and took out a chinese chestnut....

Good job teamtree. Figgered you was busy these days haven't heard much from you lately.:clap:

Had to go bid one at a church today. 1 Oak in the parking lot. Short and squat, maybe 2 cords of wood, wide open drop zone. Hardwood in back that is graveyard dead. One 10" limb is on the roof of the neighbors shop, hung up in another tree. No bark left on this tree. Super dead. No room to drop. Gonna have to climb the neighboring tree, tie in and piece it out like Spiderman. What I live for... A money tree.

money does in fact grow on trees lol

Today we worked on the mansion of the founding father of our town. Big castle like structure built in 1850 (town est in early 1800). Worked on a probably 4 century old plus Bur Oak. Maybe a little vid later.

Worked for 30 years on this property but last owner, hotshot woman from NYC.....I brought in a rented 75 foot crane (prior to owning mine) and cut mass oak wood from over the slate roof and giant protrusions/peaks. Did a perfect job and went to back crane out of the drive and the hitch scraped the road a little (hell the townies scrape the hell out of the roads with skidsteer buckets) so she was not going to pay me until I corrected it.

Told her I would call the city and do what they wanted done on Monday. Asked for payment in cash as I needed it for a bill. She finally , with a lot of crap gave in.

I went straight to the bank and cashed the check, then took mucho pleasure in calling her and telling her to kiss my ass and I enjoyed scratching "her" road up.....ooowww the pleasures of being a company owner.:chainsaw:

But guess what? Whoever I have probs with likely I will be back working on their properties after they move away and laughing while doing it. Life just seems to work that way for me. If I can't get along with them....I will for sure outlast them.

today we worked on the mansion of the founding father of our town. Big castle like structure built in 1850 (town est in early 1800). Worked on a probably 4 century old plus bur oak. Maybe a little vid later.

Worked for 30 years on this property but last owner, hotshot woman from nyc.....i brought in a rented 75 foot crane (prior to owning mine) and cut mass oak wood from over the slate roof and giant protrusions/peaks. Did a perfect job and went to back crane out of the drive and the hitch scraped the road a little (hell the townies scrape the hell out of the roads with skidsteer buckets) so she was not going to pay me until i corrected it.

Told her i would call the city and do what they wanted done on monday. Asked for payment in cash as i needed it for a bill. She finally , with a lot of crap gave in.

I went straight to the bank and cashed the check, then took mucho pleasure in calling her and telling her to kiss my ass and i enjoyed scratching "her" road up.....ooowww the pleasures of being a company owner.:chainsaw:

But guess what? Whoever i have probs with likely i will be back working on their properties after they move away and laughing while doing it. Life just seems to work that way for me. If i can't get along with them....i will for sure outlast them.

lmao!

Today we worked on the mansion of the founding father of our town. Big castle like structure built in 1850 (town est in early 1800). Worked on a probably 4 century old plus Bur Oak. Maybe a little vid later.

Worked for 30 years on this property but last owner, hotshot woman from NYC.....I brought in a rented 75 foot crane (prior to owning mine) and cut mass oak wood from over the slate roof and giant protrusions/peaks. Did a perfect job and went to back crane out of the drive and the hitch scraped the road a little (hell the townies scrape the hell out of the roads with skidsteer buckets) so she was not going to pay me until I corrected it.

Told her I would call the city and do what they wanted done on Monday. Asked for payment in cash as I needed it for a bill. She finally , with a lot of crap gave in.

I went straight to the bank and cashed the check, then took mucho pleasure in calling her and telling her to kiss my ass and I enjoyed scratching "her" road up.....ooowww the pleasures of being a company owner.:chainsaw:

But guess what? Whoever I have probs with likely I will be back working on their properties after they move away and laughing while doing it. Life just seems to work that way for me. If I can't get along with them....I will for sure outlast them.

She sounds like a beauty... and so do you:cheers:

I just did a job where I was driving in and out the back yard a few times, when I left I blew the matted grass back up but if its paved screw it. I used to always carry a tub of quick patch but now I just say " its a wearable item".
I will fix a hole or something I put in a drive or fix a cracked walkway if I drop a tree on it but since I have been plowing I sent my clients a list of things I was responsible for and a list of things I wasn't.
I once put this ones lady's front yard in her back yard, she called all freaking out and asked if I was drunk. I said yes.

Last edited:
Pulled a fast one!

So, I am on a golf course and pricing the "wants and concerns" of the 'super'.
He is a great guy that I have been working with a long time. His 'needs' and his budget is the 'Line'. He has known close to the cost of his 'wants' and I would make side notes for the obvious 'needs'. He's pretty sly. Smart I mean.
He drives me around in a golf cart and me with my DBH tape and price list, (contracted by species and dbh- not to include height) , and looking at my note pad. SOOOO, Today, I used Roman numerals. :)
Jeff :)

You are Evil!

I finished up a reclaimation job today. Not exactly land clearing, more or clearing out underbrush on nelglected portions of a property. Big clumps of wild rose, raspberry,smaller trees ( some dead), you name it. I had at it with the york rake on the Dingo then scooped it up and put it on the truck. Took it all down to Pennhurst for freeeeeeee!
I used to get sent out to do jobs like this with saws and a chipper.

I finished up a reclaimation job today. Not exactly land clearing, more or clearing out underbrush on nelglected portions of a property. Big clumps of wild rose, raspberry,smaller trees ( some dead), you name it. I had at it with the york rake on the Dingo then scooped it up and put it on the truck. Took it all down to Pennhurst for freeeeeeee!
I used to get sent out to do jobs like this with saws and a chipper.

OMG!! You are turning into a GIRL!!
Jeff :arg: :)

Finally put the new cummins to work today. A little front yard cut n' toss maple, than some back yard notch n' flops and finished up with the stumps. Cleaned up, rolled out and paid by one. A good first day back at it. Sprung a little leak out the lower radiator hose on the first job but we torqued her down a bit and she stopped squirtin'. Have a good size ash to deadwood tomorrow and a row of arborvitae's to remove. Camping Saturday night, a few estimates Sunday and the dead maples from hell starting Monday.

I just did a job where I was driving in and out the back yard a few times, when I left I blew the matted grass back up but if its paved screw it. I used to always carry a tub of quick patch but now I just say " its a wearable item".
I will fix a hole or something I put in a drive or fix a cracked walkway if I drop a tree on it but since I have been plowing I sent my clients a list of things I was responsible for and a list of things I wasn't.
I once put this ones lady's front yard in her back yard, she called all freaking out and asked if I was drunk. I said yes.

:clap::laugh:

Finally put the new cummins to work today. A little front yard cut n' toss maple, than some back yard notch n' flops and finished up with the stumps. Cleaned up, rolled out and paid by one. A good first day back at it. Sprung a little leak out the lower radiator hose on the first job but we torqued her down a bit and she stopped squirtin'. Have a good size ash to deadwood tomorrow and a row of arborvitae's to remove. Camping Saturday night, a few estimates Sunday and the dead maples from hell starting Monday.

Are you gonna share pic's?

Wiping tears... LOL, I am laughing too hard...

So, I am on a golf course and pricing the "wants and concerns" of the 'super'.
He is a great guy that I have been working with a long time. His 'needs' and his budget is the 'Line'. He has known close to the cost of his 'wants' and I would make side notes for the obvious 'needs'. He's pretty sly. Smart I mean.
He drives me around in a golf cart and me with my DBH tape and price list, (contracted by species and dbh- not to include height) , and looking at my note pad. SOOOO, Today, I used Roman numerals. :)

Lol Ramen noodles that is funny:laugh:

I remember that story something like her driving by and seeing you working on her ex -house lol. I have been busy nothing spectacular but jobs anywho:cheers:

Are you gonna share pic's?

Do you feel I'm not open and sharing enough with you, Jeffydear? Here's a shot of my six thousand dollar hat and our hungry chipper. nom nom And I'll toss a shot of Laura in for you too. I do want to be open here after all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In all honesty, my last two jobs went with me mostly because of my demeanor. The last job the woman told me I was right on target with the last guy on price but she said he was just hateful and did not go into near as much depth with her when discussing her tree. She told me that I was hands down a better professional. The job I got today was at a church and the caretaker told me the last guy he talked to said no way, he doesn't work for churches... How do these people stay in business???

Blakes... Your wife is HOT! :)

Lol. Not my wife...yet. I should probably pop the question one of these days though. Any gal that can tolerate my #### for 2 years is worth keeping. The fact she's almost 6 foot and all leg doesn't hurt either. lol

Latest posts

Back