whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably quicker to call Paul at Ropetek. If it's a design weakness I'm sure he'd be glad to know about it.
Phil

You're probably right. I already called shirrill though... they're supposed to call ropetek and get back to me. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one to have this problem. Not a big deal, just a weakness in the design, IMO.

Had a job that went way better than expected last week. Would have been perfect but I lost loading ramp off my skid steer trailer. Sure hope no one ran over it. So today is weld a new ramp day. Can't believe the price of steel. Supposed to be in the 90s for the next few days so means some leisurely deadwooding close to home and beer.
Phil

You're probably right. I already called shirrill though... they're supposed to call ropetek and get back to me. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one to have this problem. Not a big deal, just a weakness in the design, IMO.

Nope must be the operator or I have not noticed a pic would be nice :)

I gotta go use mine, good thing I have it: nasty hackbury, just a cut and leave but its half split hanging over neighbors property and one lead already broke and on neighbors fence and retaining wall

Last edited:
I'm thinking I might just be better off trying to buy a new bracket, rather that try and weld this one again (probably call sherrill in a bit, see how parts availability is with these things).
View attachment 242181

I would call paul at ropetek. Who knows maybe he will replace it for free. He seems to be a heck of a nice guy. I bought my wraptor direct from them.

but i not see whats broke you talking about the handle ?

The black tubular bracket thingy (spark plug protector?) is supposed to be connected to the rear of the winch. It keep breaking above the two screws. The first time it broke, I saw it happen, the thing just tipped over in the leaves while I was getting ready to put the rope in, and it sprang up (must have already been cracked).

Maybe I can blame it on Blakes, he's the only other person that has used it... and he already smashed my favorite 372, so he does have a history of destruction to his credit!! :laugh:

The black tubular bracket thingy (spark plug protector?) is supposed to be connected to the rear of the winch. It keep breaking above the two screws. The first time it broke, I saw it happen, the thing just tipped over in the leaves while I was getting ready to put the rope in, and it sprang up (must have already been cracked).

Maybe I can blame it on Blakes, he's the only other person that has used it... and he already smashed my favorite 372, so he does have a history of destruction to his credit!! :laugh:

Lmfao yeah blakes did it lol ok so its the carrying thingy protection from limbs dealy. still needs fixed but not as bad as accelerator handle likely got hung up on way up and someone didn't know their own strength. Patience my friend :)

My blind ole arse see it now m8 lol yeah get it fixed I don't think its a huge safety issue but might later cause harm to machine!

Lol, yeah, I think it helps tie the whole machine together structurally. I could see everything taking more stress without (which is why I think it should be made stronger). I won't use it till I get it fixed (unless maybe if it's a real tall tree ;)).

Lol, yeah, I think it helps tie the whole machine together structurally. I could see everything taking more stress without (which is why I think it should be made stronger). I won't use it till I get it fixed (unless maybe if it's a real tall tree ;)).
well thats all we have lol anyway was cooking right along making great time and got my foot clobbered so came down and went home rope hung didnt run i don't know what they did but it made the butt catch my foot, at least it didn't pin it to the trunk so after a rest I will go back and get even with that friggin limb:)

Amongst other things, chipped for four straight hours under a merciless sun. Bleah! Everytime a cloud floated by I looked up and said "Thank you!"

Was about 90 degrees. That may not be hot to y'all suth'ners, but it's freaking hot to a Canadian.

And tommorow will be worse. :msp_sad: "Groan..."

That's right, just blame Blakes. That guy is an ####### anyway. Sitting in the Dunkin donuts parking lot right now, trying to get some caffeine energy going. Debating blowing off these estimates and hitting the bar. Been going non stop for far too many days now. No rest for the wicked.

got about zero seconds of training on the crane today and was handed the controls, easy money! halfway through the second tree, boss man says wow your pretty good looks like I found my new crane op, 2nd string though, good thing we have two cranes. hope the position comes with another raise, got a little one a couple weeks ago

Amongst other things, chipped for four straight hours under a merciless sun. Bleah! Everytime a cloud floated by I looked up and said "Thank you!"

Was about 90 degrees. That may not be hot to y'all suth'ners, but it's freaking hot to a Canadian.

And tommorow will be worse. :msp_sad: "Groan..."
you sound about excited as me. wed is feeling like 42 here. tomorrow 37 and thurs 40. what is july and august going to bring? 50?!?!?!?

That's right, just blame Blakes. That guy is an ####### anyway. Sitting in the Dunkin donuts parking lot right now, trying to get some caffeine energy going. Debating blowing off these estimates and hitting the bar. Been going non stop for far too many days now. No rest for the wicked.

Yep, no rest indeed!!

You pups are supposed to work, damn it! :laugh:

Back