whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious about the arbojet. I am not sold.
Can you let us now what you think down the line?
Jeff

It works on the borers in our oaks but leaves wounds. Im somewhat more accustomed to maintaining healthy environment to help the tree resist unfriendly tenants but here most wait until it's too late to do any organized tree care.

Making removal eminent!

It works on the borers in our oaks but leaves wounds. Im somewhat more accustomed to maintaining healthy environment to help the tree resist unfriendly tenants but here most wait until it's too late to do any organized tree care.

Making removal eminent!

I hear ya Rope,
I ain't selling snake oil, just wondering on the result's.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

I hear ya Rope,
I ain't selling snake oil, just wondering on the result's.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Well in cases of heavy infestation I'm certain it helps but would need to be used in combination with other phc solutions considered. I get called after the dozer has ripped out half of the absobing roots and scared the buttress then compacted the soil and the crown is dropping large limbs lol:cheers:

Well in cases of heavy infestation I'm certain it helps but would need to be used in combination with other phc solutions considered. I get called after the dozer has ripped out half of the absobing roots and scared the buttress then compacted the soil and the crown is dropping large limbs lol:cheers:

Sound's like those tree's are history and I would not spend money on saving them, but I am not there to see them.
Jeff

Non in stock the larger grinder is remote . I would have had to wait to long for the remote version. They want around 5k to make one run on a remote controll. Enless i was buying a new machine i wouldnt get a remote, be leary of the used ones. They had some very costly issues with the early remote controlls for these things. took all of them almost 6 years to get it worked out.

Big Matt, I here ya.....If I ever take the plunge and go new, im going remote. The guy that does stumps for me has remote and its the bomb, he can stand in the shade or walk aroung stump, easy peasy!

Curious about the arbojet. I am not sold.
Can you let us now what you think down the line?
Jeff

We just did our own study we found three really stressed maples and followed arbor jets employees advice to use phospho jet it's only about a month in but I took pictures of the day of the injection and have been periodically. As far as insect control it works fine tree age is a great chemical for EAB. you will still need exterior spray sometimes because the injection will only stop insects eating or chewing on the wood. Things like some ants that are just after aphids I have better luck with exterior spraying because the injection mainly affects the aphids. A lot of times i do them in conjunction.

The two maples had about 30% of there root system removed due to new construction of houses. I offered the injection for free to see how well they respond. Hopefully they turn around.

Got it. Jeff :msp_wink:

actually could use your advise on something. took a look at a large oak for a guy that i really want to save, it has been caught in good time not anywhere near to far gone yet. i actually talked him out of an 8500.00 removal from us. I think its showing early signs of oak wilt but ill post the pictures and let you take a look at it. The sap wood to me appears to be still flowing water efficiently the decay is from the outside in from my observation. What do you think. the interior of the tree is structurally sound.

No real loss of foliage yet but a few major leads are starting to show signs of death.

Last edited:
473d396e-32b7-72d2.jpg

473d396e-32c1-ea76.jpg

We just did our own study we found three really stressed maples and followed arbor jets employees advice to use phospho jet it's only about a month in but I took pictures of the day of the injection and have been periodically. As far as insect control it works fine tree age is a great chemical for EAB. you will still need exterior spray sometimes because the injection will only stop insects eating or chewing on the wood. Things like some ants that are just after aphids I have better luck with exterior spraying because the injection mainly affects the aphids. A lot of times i do them in conjunction.

The two maples had about 30% of there root system removed due to new construction of houses. I offered the injection for free to see how well they respond. Hopefully they turn around.

Interesting,
Jeff

Big Matt, I here ya.....If I ever take the plunge and go new, im going remote. The guy that does stumps for me has remote and its the bomb, he can stand in the shade or walk aroung stump, easy peasy!

O no doubt its nice everything we use basically has a remote even the 280xp chipper does now, idle it up down and forward and reverse the wheels. does all kinds of wild stuff, that way we don't have to get out of a machine to try and get something through the feed wheels.

Interesting,
Jeff

if they don't show improvement off of the arbor jet products we are going to resort to traditional methods. but take a look at that oak and tell me what you think.

on the maples you can see the new houses in the background they extended the yards with dozers and destroyed a lot of the root system on them.

Last edited:

Making removal eminent!

Trunk injection does leave wounds, and thats why i quite using the little bottles that they sell pre pressurized. i figured at least with the arbor jet system the arbor plug stays and and the tree eventually grows around it. It in itself should help keep out unwanted visitors. I thought the same way you did about the other ones as the chemical worked its way up through the canopy you have the woods at the bottom of the root flares that are like an open vacancy sign.

Trunk injection does leave wounds, and thats why i quite using the little bottles that they sell pre pressurized. i figured at least with the arbor jet system the arbor plug stays and and the tree eventually grows around it. It in itself should help keep out unwanted visitors. I thought the same way you did about the other ones as the chemical worked its way up through the canopy you have the woods at the bottom of the root flares that are like an open vacancy sign.

Just a thought, but could the injection's trigger a trees' reserve's and give a look of re-growth?
Jeff

Just a thought, but could the injection's trigger a trees' reserve's and give a look of re-growth?
Jeff

in theory sure why not, anytime you stress, or cause harm or damage to a tree regrowth can happen. so i see what your saying in some cases it could be a deceiving thing with the end result.

Back