whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Climbed and removed some storm damage on a catalpa today. I now know I hate catalpa trees. Took me forever to get lines set in the damn tree it was like trying to toss a throw line thru a nest of Velcro. For me for now on removals only on catalpa.

Last edited:
Not everybody lives in bumm #### Matt , civilization has rules you outlanders are not used too

I know its like the mad max movie around here. people drive around on the roads with dune buggies. we just took the kids for a walk to see all the new donkeys in town. i live within 10 miles of downtown pittsburgh.

Pics

473d396e-510f-d656.jpg

473d396e-511b-55e6.jpg

Hey you must like doing stuff for free bring me the crane lol u operate it for free ?

If you where closer why not. The free injection and cheap stump grinding is advertisement. Just gives us a chance to get on people's property and show them how we operate. Usually leads to bigger and better things. We are in a lot of local shows equipment expos people usually get the free stuff there. Local churches are on the house for removals and trimming, same as cemeteries for veterans. Its just good public relations.

Last edited:
So, I finally got the check from the state job I did at the local college a few months back. I was subcontracted by a company out of Connecticut. The check showed up this morning but for some reason was $275 short. On the stub they wrote "held retention". Any of you guys have an idea what that means? I can't exactly call their office till Monday to find out what's up. It's not that it is a large amount in comparison to the rest of the job just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else on these state jobs as this is my first one. I do have another job in the works with them but no signed contract or go ahead yet as I told them I wouldn't start it till I got paid for the last one. Any thoughts?

I know your in the US and i am in Canada, I do a lot of Government work and have never had that happen. I would check into it for sure.

Yep, as long as we don't get an early snow storm and I have storm work! Just trying to decide where we are staying, my wife and girls want to come, and I may be bringing a few of my guys. It looks like a shorter drive then Hartford was last year.

It definitely is a shorter drive. Its looking like we are gonna be there with the crane thats why i was asking. So i gotta make a trip out of it to and bring the wife and kids. The paul bunyon show in ohio is coming up shortly and we have to make an appearance there also. don't know if you have ever been to that one.

Yep, as long as we don't get an early snow storm and I have storm work! Just trying to decide where we are staying, my wife and girls want to come, and I may be bringing a few of my guys. It looks like a shorter drive then Hartford was last year.

Next time they call ill see if i can get some free passes and send them up your way save you a couple bucks. I had a #### load for hartford but couldn't go do to emergency work so they ended taking a smaller rig inside.

Last edited:
Next time they call ill see if i can get some free passes and send them up your way save you a couple bucks. I had a #### load for hartford but couldn't go do to emergency work so they ended taking a smaller rig inside.

If you got any extra i would take some of those pesky passes off your hands. lol. As i am sure everyone else would also. I hope to be there, but i will probably just come home every night cause i am only 1.5 hrs away from baltimore.

I am heading out to saxton, pa this morning to pick up some attachments for my mini. This guy i found on ebay, has tons of attachments at great prices. Its Mark Supply Co. He is super cheap. I am saving around $1000 on two attachments

So, I finally got the check from the state job I did at the local college a few months back. I was subcontracted by a company out of Connecticut. The check showed up this morning but for some reason was $275 short. On the stub they wrote "held retention". Any of you guys have an idea what that means? I can't exactly call their office till Monday to find out what's up. It's not that it is a large amount in comparison to the rest of the job just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else on these state jobs as this is my first one. I do have another job in the works with them but no signed contract or go ahead yet as I told them I wouldn't start it till I got paid for the last one. Any thoughts?

I hate that crap, I have backed off bidding city work, they always want me to drop down to the "others" pricing, then I have do deal with a bunch of malarkey to get paid, if the guy "forgets" to submit my bill to the administrator, "you'll get it next month then" On city here told me that they where going to wait until I did the stumps before I was paid....................... didn't know pruning a bunch of trees required me to grind the stumps! Had to go thru a bunch of crap to get my money, because someone wrote their notes wrong, could not get it thru the chick in the office's head. No stump grinding involved, literately had to draw her a picture to explain the process.

Latest posts

Back