whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did firewood today and a lot of it , got 90 percent of the pile sliced too so all we have to do is split , I went and looked at a nice used timber wolf , think I am gonna buy , I saved some money this summer for another mini but I don't need 2 .

I had to go in and find a poor lady who had passed away and laid rotting on the floor of her 3rd floor multifamily with all the windows shut for over two weeks during an August heat wave once. The neighbors didnt call when they had not seen her for two weeks. They didnt call when it started to smell funny either. They also didnt call when the stain started to appear from the ceiling above theirs (her apartment). But thank god they were nice enough to let us know when the maggots started to do The Riverdance on the ceiling... But I didnt do tree work for her... Does that count?

Does it count that I was riding with my buddy and I kicked a dead cat laying in the middle of the lane trying to get him to run it over , and when I got home I had maggots doing the river dance on the inside of my pant leg and a nice glob of goo all over my boot , didn't realize he was a fresh bloated sitting in the summer sun kitty until it was too late

Does it count that I was riding with my buddy and I kicked a dead cat laying in the middle of the lane trying to get him to run it over , and when I got home I had maggots doing the river dance on the inside of my pant leg and a nice glob of goo all over my boot , didn't realize he was a fresh bloated sitting in the summer sun kitty until it was too late

101 hew on here has a tree company in salt lake city Utah?

one of my climbers has to move due to his wifes employment and i wanna help find him a job. Do you or any other guys on here know of a decent company out there.

hes a certified arborist, cdl, pesticide license the works kind of guy climbs 5 days a week.

id really like to help him out hes been good to me over the years and dont wanna see him move out there and cant find anywork.

he would be a real asset to anyone with around 10 years experience exstensivly with cranes he has worked with mine and a 60ton daily.

so if any of you guys on here know someone let me know ill send him your way. the guy can footlock 100 feet and is looking for around 20$ an hour. i paid him more and so will any one else once you see him work for a few days.

I did firewood today and a lot of it , got 90 percent of the pile sliced too so all we have to do is split , I went and looked at a nice used timber wolf , think I am gonna buy , I saved some money this summer for another mini but I don't need 2 .

screw the timberwolf its not worth it ill sell you mine. we like the super splitter alot better. i got a tw-5 with the lift and the works ill sell you. every one uses the super splitter and its way less $.

take a good look at it before you do the wolf, but it also depends on what your splitting if you cant lift it you might be right about the timer wolf. the log loader is nice but they are still hydralic depenent.

i got the super splitter for right over 2g's and its electric. so bad ass not to have to listen to that thing all day while splitting. its split everything i have ever tried to.

ill take pics of the tw-5 and figure out a price if yours doesnt work out mine was kept inside and will give you a good price on it. it has the paint still on the adjustable four way wedge.

i think it was like 8k new, or tade me your mini then use the money to get another one.

Last edited:
screw the timberwolf its not worth it ill sell you mine. we like the super splitter alot better. i got a tw-5 with the lift and the works ill sell you. every one uses the super splitter and its way less $.

take a good look at it before you do the wolf, but it also depends on what your splitting if you cant lift it you might be right about the timer wolf. the log loader is nice but they are still hydralic depenent.

i got the super splitter for right over 2g's and its electric. so bad ass not to have to listen to that thing all day while splitting. its split everything i have ever tried to.

ill take pics of the tw-5 and figure out a price if yours doesnt work out mine was kept inside and will give you a good price on it. it has the paint still on the adjustable four way wedge.

i think it was like 8k new, or tade me your mini then use the money to get another one.
Really my buddy Howard has one and loves it I've never seen a super run though , guess maybe I will take a little more time and look some more , thanks and as for salt lake city I am drawing a blank I will look more now and see if I see anyone with that in the username

101 hew on here has a tree company in salt lake city Utah?

one of my climbers has to move due to his wifes employment and i wanna help find him a job. Do you or any other guys on here know of a decent company out there.

hes a certified arborist, cdl, pesticide license the works kind of guy climbs 5 days a week.

id really like to help him out hes been good to me over the years and dont wanna see him move out there and cant find anywork.

he would be a real asset to anyone with around 10 years experience exstensivly with cranes he has worked with mine and a 60ton daily.

so if any of you guys on here know someone let me know ill send him your way. the guy can footlock 100 feet and is looking for around 20$ an hour. i paid him more and so will any one else once you see him work for a few days.

Check with Deeker in the political forum.
Jeff

So we go take out a medium sized maple for this nice old guy that had us at his property two or three times before. Told us don't worry do it whenever you want. So we swing by knock it down and out, the neighbor was there talking to us the entire time even ended up doing some stuff for him at the same time. To make a long story short turns out he was dead in the house with no family close so no one picked up on it. Any of you guys ever run into one of these?

I showed up to a job about a month ago and the guys wife informed me he had just passed away, I felt wicked bad!

Really my buddy Howard has one and loves it I've never seen a super run though , guess maybe I will take a little more time and look some more , thanks and as for salt lake city I am drawing a blank I will look more now and see if I see anyone with that in the username

they are a great splitter, but in my opinion the super splitter only making one split at a time is still faster than a 4 way on a timber wolf. i would assume you get atleast the same or more productivity out of the super. but its alot less money and alot less machine to move around and mantain. no hydralics.

I have tw 6 and like it but don't like firewood :) I could use a good mini !

Couple of jobs from the past week or so"

Wind damaged oak, no equipment access. Wood stayed where it fell, brush got dragged to where the grapple could grab it. Took my crane monkey and myself 4 hours, lots of rigging:
tops01.jpg

tops04.jpg

Finished that job, grabbed the crane and bucket for this lightning struck pine down the street from our yard. It was in the woods, but near enough to threaten 3 backyards:
pine.jpg

Wednesday we did a decent sized linden, about 6 feet from the house, had to go over sleeved primaries, used the street as a drop zone:

marblehoodlinden.jpg

marblehoodbutt.jpg

Friday was the easy day. 6 norway maples, awesome views at lunchtime:
manch03.jpg

manch01.jpg

Last edited:
What ya wanna horse trade?

what kind of mini do you have? i have considered one for years but just never bit the bullet. i have a pretty good offer on the table for a full size skid loader i was considering selling it and putting some cash back in the bank and picking up a mini. I just don't know where to head with it didn't like the bobcats, or vermeer's to much no offense if you have one i just have vowed never again.

what kind of mini do you have? i have considered one for years but just never bit the bullet. i have a pretty good offer on the table for a full size skid loader i was considering selling it and putting some cash back in the bank and picking up a mini. I just don't know where to head with it didn't like the bobcats, or vermeer's to much no offense if you have one i just have vowed never again.

I got a ramrod 900t and it's a simple enough machine , I have had for like 4 years no major damage or problems

Latest posts

Back