whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as usual ofcourse, not meaning to offend anyone's delicate feelings but.....

if you claim to be an experienced climber (you on this forum) and you don't know what a Wraptor is after it is on the market for bout a year and a half and in all the major catalogues, then.....

ya must be walkin round full time with ya head up y'ass :hmm3grin2orange::popcorn:

as usual ofcourse, not meaning to offend anyone's delicate feelings but.....

if you claim to be an experienced climber (you on this forum) and you don't know what a Wraptor is after it is on the market for bout a year and a half and in all the major catalogues, then.....

ya must be walkin round full time with ya head up y'ass :hmm3grin2orange::popcorn:

You'd be suprised what it takes to offend me. I've been looking for my Sherril catalog but cant find it. I am in the middle of hillbilly county, and outside of Davey or the care of tree's, have the most advanced gear, but when your a small private nobody that grew up the dino way, and have to buy everything, the next tank of fuel to do the next job is a little more important then some toy I cant afford.(unless it kicks untold amounts of ass) I dont drool on catalogs all day. Trees arent my life, I hate this ####. Im only in it to kill as many as I can cuz I hate everything and cant wait to get off this rock. No trees no breathe right? JK

What the hell is a wraptor? In the last few days Ive seen a ton of you guys ranting in multiple threads about this thing. What is it and whats it for?

A Wraptor, is a gas powered ascending device that some people, who can't haul their own dead weight up a few feet, use to get in the tree.

A Wraptor, is a gas powered ascending device that some people, who can't haul their own dead weight up a few feet, use to get in the tree.

Wow, gas powered? I was thinking about getting the electric one I saw on Discovery that the military uses. Not cuz I cant haul the dead weight, just cuz its fast as lightning.

asc156-365.gif

It's like an elevator to the canopy.

greenville, il - Google Maps

You think you're in hill-billy IL, I was through Greenvill after the snow/ice storm last year. Talk about poor! Makes Tulsa look like Vegas!

gay-viking.jpg

Jeff in his haight-ashbury days...did you know Guy from back then?

Wraptor

does it work better with SRT or conventional? and whats up with the dumb name? Seems to me they should've called it "Lay-z-climb"......Bet you sweat wondering if dippy do wah grunty put the gas cap on right, oh wait you pros prolly dub check ev-thang like that Care of trees dork accoss the street from me who went all they way up an Oak with an empty saw. DOH'!!!

Last edited:
does it work better with SRT or conventional? and whats up with the dumb name? Seems to me they should've called it "Lay-z-climb"......Bet you sweat wondering if dippy do wah grunty put the gas cap on right, oh wait you pros prolly dub check ev-thang like that Care of trees dork accoss the street from me who went all they way up an Oak with an empty saw. DOH'!!!

I forgot my work boots at home once, it was a 40 mile trip to the job-site and I was in flip-flops...

Now that was a D'OH
You can be sooo cruel!
Made ya laugh Jeffe!

I was not getting any new hits on "old viking" so I tried "Gray Viking"...the old Jarhead - word association - I'm grosser then you game. I just could not resist.

Thanks, I've become a vizsla addict these past three years.

The old guy is a mix we rescued and the other two are my three y/o "little girl".

She's been in heat for the past two weeks, so he is on her like glue. Balls or no balls :D

Yesterday I went with a friend down to Queens. Took us 2 hrs to get there. We went to pick up an imported / antique fountain for one of my clients. Get it on the truck, stop for lunch and dropped it off at his house until we get a loader at the client's place. We took a look at this thing, which I'm sure cost her a fortune already... GARBAGE. At some point during the day we also went and looked at a clearing job. This guy has a bunch of sugar maple and some other assorted species, wants them cleared out... but he wants to pay for the job with the wood. I laughed.

Tengu Saddle---YOW!

I just tried this thing, today. It goes back to WesSpur, tomorrow. Enter the tree a bass and exit it a soprano. I suppose women might be able to use it, but if you don't want to perform elective testicular surgery on yourself while aloft, you had better pass this thing by. Adjust it to not ride so high, lean back and----now you're getting into rectal surgery, as the wings of the leg pads dig into your butt crack. Boy howdy, some fun---NOT! Maybe it's a case of getting what you pay for. I wanted to have a spare saddle to use while my Traverse goes in for a new bridge, but I guess my old rock climbing saddle will have to do, for now.

Latest posts

Back