whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about how I would do it and came up with wrapping my lanyard around the boom for safety and bear hug it and slide down. But had a ground guy and he started it back up!

thats a terrible idea you need an anchor point and use your climbing line to rappel down that sounds very unsafe. most buckets already have an anchor point.

Thought about how I would do it and came up with wrapping my lanyard around the boom for safety and bear hug it and slide down. But had a ground guy and he started it back up!

was the lower boom section verticle or was it at some sort of angle? cause if you get to the "drop off" with out a plan your srewed! but yes bad plan...

but here is a question how many of you guys go up in the bucket with a climb line? because the co. I work for (provided your never alone) nobody goes up with a climb line in the bucket...

I picked up my 6 year old girl from school at 11, went to lunch and to get bunny food. Then we hit the Goodwill store. I didn't really see what books she picked out until we got home.

041-1.jpg

I came across a few things. I ground off some rivets to these pads which will fit tightly under my spur straps . Go from a Fiat to a Cadallac in 4 seconds, solve the eternal problem for 15 bucks and a angle grinder.

042-1.jpg

And in the middle we have the adjustable and spring loaded walking stick with snow, rock and dirt tips. I don't know what a KG is, never used on before. Also, onthe right we have a tough 4 dollar canvas bag I brought right home and chucked my blocks in it.

042-1.jpg

And then my wife came home and got that kid off my back so I could throw these ramps together so I can haul it up to this job tommorow without having to take two trucks.

044.jpg

Last edited:
was the lower boom section verticle or was it at some sort of angle? cause if you get to the "drop off" with out a plan your srewed! but yes bad plan...

but here is a question how many of you guys go up in the bucket with a climb line? because the co. I work for (provided your never alone) nobody goes up with a climb line in the bucket...

i always have a bigshot and throwball in the truck tho just catch that puppy and pull your line up. my bucket will come down off battery power i do believe also even if the truck where to shut off.

i always have a bigshot and throwball in the truck tho just catch that puppy and pull your line up. my bucket will come down off battery power i do believe also even if the truck where to shut off.

I dont think any of ours work off bat powerm I know at least one of them has a valve up on the bucket that will slowly drop the upper boom all the way down not sure what kind of boom it is though.

this reminds me of a funny story we were out doing a big job at a cemitary, lot of damaged tree takedowns the guy in the bucket was being a total A-hole and got like 6 trees out in front of the guys chipping and was leaving a total cluster f--k of a mess to try and untangle so when the bossman showed up and saw that crap he waited for him to stick the boom through a crotch, so he couldn't lower it down, and shut the truck off and left him up in the air until it all got cleaned up about an hour n a half and it was like 95 degrees out too... poor guy was stuck in the sun to boot

lovin the picts Eddy. Any picts are good to see for a break in all the lip flappin lol. You ever been to my old best buddy's place, Stihl dealer Ralph's Mower Shack E Brunswick I think, or near Pennington, Bish Sales?

Couple of ichy picts from today.

Decided on my next purchase....gonna be a 90 to 95 foot bucket.

lovin the picts Eddy. Any picts are good to see for a break in all the lip flappin lol. You ever been to my old best buddy's place, Stihl dealer Ralph's Mower Shack E Brunswick I think, or near Pennington, Bish Sales?

Couple of ichy picts from today.

Decided on my next purchase....gonna be a 90 to 95 foot bucket.

like a condour or something? hew else manufactures stuff of that size biggest i ever use is the elevator bucket wich is 75 90 95 would be the cats pajamas. do they use and elevator? because if it was all boom with no elevator it would be tough on like double lane roads with power lines trying to keep the bottom boom from running into stuff. i was in a tight spot today kept having to take the lower boom under and in between all the lines.

Last 2 days we were working on this undeveloped lot clearing for a septic system plus a few junk trees on the outskirts of the lot. When we first got there I met with the head excavation guy, asked him nicely to move the newly installed silt fence so that I don't wreck it. For the last 2 days he was a miserable jerk; busting my chops, being uncooperative, in the way, and so forth. Today I had enough, so when I came across this one black birch I aimed it right for the excavator he was on... hit behind the cab with just the tips.... he watched me do it. After that he stayed away. :rock:

like a condour or something? hew else manufactures stuff of that size biggest i ever use is the elevator bucket wich is 75 90 95 would be the cats pajamas. do they use and elevator? because if it was all boom with no elevator it would be tough on like double lane roads with power lines trying to keep the bottom boom from running into stuff. i was in a tight spot today kept having to take the lower boom under and in between all the lines.

yeah matt, my 75 footer is not an elevator so's I get nice lateral reach without over center which would be a little scary on it and more so on a 95 footer. Seen some biggies in High Rangers over 90'. Wires would def be an issue sometimes with the elbow tho.

Did a 3 tree trim at a residence today and for the last week my truck has started to skip.a beat u guess you could call it. Just driving down the road its like you turn the key off and then back on. I know its electrical cause when it does it the wait to start dash light comes on (97 international 444) well did it.a couple times on way to job and while trimming the last tree it did it and stalled while 40' up? Guess I don't go alone on jobs anymore but any ideas?

had a 96 international straight truck, did the same thing. turned out to be the ignition module in the computer. but the international dealer was chasing it down for over a week. said it could have been about 5 different things, one of the things i can remember that they said was is the wireing plug in the firewall, alot cheaper fix than the ignition mod!

Gecko's are boxed and ready to be shipped back. Sherrill was very good about the return. They will match these up against some other pairs in stock and see if mine is just a singular goof. Either case, my money's still mine and I'll either get a correct pair of Gecko's or I'll upgrade to the carbon fiber ones.

The carbon Gecko's are pretty nice. I think they could use a little more padding personally. Velcro holds very strong and the overall construction is great. Make sure you get the correct size ones. I think you are supposed to measure from your insole to the bottom of your knee. Check that though. They are a heck of a lot lighter then my original outdated pole climbing gaffs. Getting the new spikes did allow me to put the old ones in to an aerial rescue kit which gives me piece of mind. Reminds me to go over that stuff again with my guys tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to tomorrow's work. Got 3 easy jobs, very easy climbing except for one trimming job over some lines. Slow and steady on that one. Then ending the night with a wedding reception. Helllllllllloooooo hangover!

Here's an unedited clip from yesterday. The tree was removed to build a retaining wall.

[video=youtube;t_MjWODNyWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_MjWODNyWw[/video]

Back