whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad ur back n posting. A bet is a bet, n I pay up when I lose. Since you hadnt been around I figured I would make "resonable effort" to get ahold of you n I am glad I did. And you are right about that HO...u never know! And that guy was a referrall from an older women I have worked for a few times. I think he is her nephew?? IDk, maybe he figured he shouldnt rip off his Aunts tree guy? But he still shoulda called to cancel. I think he just ran into some body who said they would do it for alot less and he jumped on it an just doesnt give a fk about telling me anything. AAAhhhh whatever.

So what kinda cl did u get?

Just got home with wife from the ER. She broke her ankle....great. It could be worse of course. Alot worse. She coulda broke her damn neck. walked right off the front steps carrying a bunch of stuff to the garage.

Tomorrows a new day.:msp_smile:

Prayers and best wishes to your wife.

1000 PAGES AND THE WHOLE GANG IS BACK.:cheers:

All is right in the world! 1000 pages, TV has a record, I think! I know Master Blaster had a big thread some years ago, but cannot remember how many pages it made it too, like 7-800.

Happy 1000th page day!

Muni contract is going fairly well, picking off some small jobs on the side. Had a photo shoot yesterday. My client's uncle wanted to get pics cause he was going to miss the dead catalpa removal. Fairly fancy camera so I hope they don't forget to email them. Had a few other soft maples and a poplar trim. Not bad for a Sunday off.

Had a visit from a Chicago climber on the job on Saturday while I was teaching my wife how to run the portawrap. (She's really diggin this stuff) Anyway, his name was Adam, said he's climbed for 20 years and he's looking to sub. Said he's worked all over Chicago, and mentioned working for Midwest? I think I may have found the company. I might give them a call. He has cards, but no online presence. I found his facebook with a few pics of his work, but wasn't really that impressed by a couple of things I saw. Though he seems good enough of a climber. I got his last name if anyone from Chicagoland thinks they might know who I'm talking about. I just want to check him out before I consider using him if ever I want to.

He's likeable, but that's not always a good thing. Kinda new to the area, too. Talks a good game, but I dunno, just a bit too good if ya know what I mean. He'd admit to that, which is part of why he's likeable...lol. Hard to know if he'll be an asset, or a pain in the asset.

We finally managed to finish up the large job I talked about earlier this week. Got quite a few pics, and tossed them up on our Facebook page as a reference. That job was a nightmare... In the end, we wound up breaking every piece of equipment (aside from our climbing saws and one ground saw, the MS290). All other saws failed in at least one way (bent bar, threw chain/bent chain, spark plug giving out, spark plug shooting out of piston jug on my 066, etc...). We also broke one of the pins on our stump grinder's right side drive wheel, which allows it to freewheel for easier maneuvering. I can fix it, but will just be a pain in the ass. Our chipper vibrated off a few nuts/bolts, and we had the relay fail that powers the glow plugs (had to keep a hammer on site to hit it, or else it wouldn't work). We also discovered a chain link fence running through the larger Pecan tree (about 6" from center). Chewed the hell outta the chain on our 361. Then, while trying to cut around it, we hit it another 3-4 times. Come to find out the fence ran ~3-4" under ground, and the chain link fence included a small alluminum bar to join two pieces of fence as well as 2-3 columns of fencing. Completely destroyed the chains on the 361 and 290. So, we ground out everything around it and told the home-owner to cut it off himself with a Sawzall. We under bid the job by ~$1200 from what it was honestly worth, so he was still content.

Well, on to the next job I guess! We have a widow-maker lightning struck Locust to work on here in another week or so. Tree is pretty big, looming over the customer's house and also the neighbor's house. Oh, and did I mention that it is COVERED from top to bottom in Ivy? That was a job that we purposely overbid, hoping to not get a call back because it was going to be such a pain. The customer called me back and told me that another company was $800 cheaper than us, but she liked our professionalism and knowledge. So, she said she wanted to use us for the job and asked when we could start. I guess for the extra money we can do it but why does this crap seem to backfire on us? :bang:

Oh well, at least we have work! :msp_thumbup:

~Will Courtier~

Yep, over 25 months of #### talking and treeworkin'. The most bad ass thread ever!! :rock:

That's the way I wanted it in the beginning...if you wanna talk schit...you better be able to back it up lol. Was gone for a while but you guys protected the dignity of the thread I'm sure. Back in the beginning I was never not here and some major battles fought on this thread over the years...while a great place just to hang if you belong or are respectful

. Congrats to all you guys that made it what it is.

:cheers: to the next thou.

226203d1330290654-422193_2753491793086_1131410687_32014122_863314490_n-jpg

think I got the embed thang now

That's the way I wanted it in the beginning...if you wanna talk schit...you better be able to back it up lol. Was gone for a while but you guys protected the dignity of the thread I'm sure. Back in the beginning I was never not here and some major battles fought on this thread over the years...while a great place just to hang if you belong or are respectful

. Congrats to all you guys that made it what it is.

:cheers: to the next thou.

Lol. I have great hopes for the "what knot do you guys use to pull a tree over" thread, as well!

The wood gets delivered morning and night to my old lady not to you ya hillbilly. You wouldn't know what to do with me on site. By the time you got that wraptor gassed up i would be on my second tree. Little guys like matt are threatened by a guy like me. 6'4 215 long haired tree monkey. Couldn't tell you how many times the women come out to tell me I look like a REI model. It's tree work matt, guys like you should be behind a cubicle

Lol well **** I'm glad, for a long minute I had ya for a holder of others wood. Btw what about the fifteenth tree? Lol its all good but no more trim dude, ole lady's put an end to that sorta stuff lol:cheers:

OMG that crap drives me nuts!, always those stupid calenders "we have reserved a spot just for you", Yeah I bet you have lol!

Hi Dave!

I say hold on I'll get him and then go back to doing whatever it was I was doing:)

PS: good to see TV back welcome back ya old fart :)

Well got to go look at two jobs and trim two large water oaks that been topped and spurred in the past, looks like ten years ago and you can still see the spur marks. thank goodness for the wraptor it will make easier work of it.

Last edited:
I say hold on I'll get him and then go back to doing whatever it was I was doing:)

PS: good to see TV back welcome back ya old fart :)

Well got to go look at two jobs and trim two large water oaks that been topped and spurred in the past, looks like ten years ago and you can still see the spur marks. thank goodness for the wraptor it will make easier work of it.

Rope hey man take a shot or two of the spur marks, just for reference why people shouldn't spike trims. Spur marks being the lowest of the threats to the tree but to me its enough of a reason if the tree is in your yard and going to be viewed by you, family, friends and visitors.

Oh #### they installed WIFI down at the Waffle House , man your moving up like the Jeffersons in that piece ......

yeah the waffle house is kickin....! then this freshly shaven al quadi looking soposatory from new york showed up & wouldnt ya know it? they shut down the wireless!

might head up to jerwsey & see this chubby guy climb trees been hearing alot about him.....LOL

LXT............

yeah the waffle house is kickin....! then this freshly shaven al quadi looking soposatory from new york showed up & wouldnt ya know it? they shut down the wireless!

might head up to jerwsey & see this chubby guy climb trees been hearing alot about him.....LOL

LXT............
you can come visit but you need to leave all that hate at home , were about peace and love here .... And having a good laugh ....

TV is back yeah! Where's that bermie chick been she's a hottie I miss her.

Locked up a sweet job today, 2 70' white pines massacred by some nice pileated wood peckers! Over a house and hydro of course, and 2 dead red pines! Gonna go at em next week! 2 piddly pines tomorrow notch and drops, no clean up! March is looking good!:D So is Florida in 3 weeks!

Locked up a sweet job today, 2 70' white pines massacred by some nice pileated wood peckers! Over a house and hydro of course, and 2 dead red pines! Gonna go at em next week! 2 piddly pines tomorrow notch and drops, no clean up! March is looking good!:D So is Florida in 3 weeks!

those piliated peckers are some cool looking critters. Don't see them nearly as much as I used to..

where abouts in Flo you going?

Latest posts

Back