whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They both climb. Haven't done any cutting yet, just setting lines but they both are OK at just climbing.

And ya better believe I'll be on both of their asses to set my lines in the right crotches. Two climbing lines and two bull ropes... How hard can that be. ;)

Sounds like yer in for a looooong haaaaard season.:rolleyes2:

Yeah a little much outta that pin oak 2tree. Try to save some smaller inner branches on the bigger limbs and try not to cut to many larger limbs off the trunk. Sometimes to can just wittle a low hanging larger limb back a little bit to raise it.

Yeah, sorry man, but you did not get out there far enough. You did not even get out to the outside of the crown. Some guy's think that they can remove all the sprout's and make some hole's in the canopy. On a positive note, I am glad you did not remove more than you did. A prune cut is a wound. How many wound's are you going to make and can the tree handle that?
Jeff :msp_scared:
Hey! TGIF!!!!!!!

We're not all bad. - Lots of tree guys part-time as firemen as well.:msp_biggrin:

Glad to see things picking up for you and it's always nice to come home.:msp_thumbup:

Actually, my local insurance agent is a fireman who moonlights and does tree work. He recommended me on this one as well. ;)

They both climb. Haven't done any cutting yet, just setting lines but they both are OK at just climbing.

And ya better believe I'll be on both of their asses to set my lines in the right crotches. Two climbing lines and two bull ropes... How hard can that be. ;)

Yeah! How hard could that be?!
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

I found a new toy on Craigslist here yesterday, and pulled the trigger today. Hate having spare cash laying around burning a hole in my pocket....

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/195056.htm

It's a pretty damned nice Stihl 076. Paint is near perfect, and fires off on first/second pull every time. Bar and chain are practically new, and everything seems to work perfect. Looks like it has either never been used, or was used very little. Picked it up for $500 out the door.

Got it home, and played with it a little. Looks like we will have some fun on the next big job we do!

~Will Courtier~

cleared a small lot today for another company. only about 15 large trees nothing bad. The owner of the other co. was so impressed that he wants to talk about passing his work to us and taking 10 percent off the jobs. He watched me climb one tree and couldn't believe the control on the cuts to swing the limbs. He said his guys would have whined forever and then would've been an hour or so on what took me twenty minutes. He's in his mid 70"s so i think he wants to retire and have some extra income to rely on but it's not up to me. I told him that in a few more weeks I could've made all the butt's face the chipper and he laughed then said to have my boss call him cause he wants to see it. He seems to be a good old timer and he handed me cash when the job was done so I think that he's one to deal with. Gotta go do a couple trims in the morning. that means plywood in the am. I hate rain!

I put plastic tanks in mine just recently. Its a dump truck so it wasn't that hard but the support pan for the rear tank was shot, they sent me some big straps I had to bend. I can see the extenders in yours, the job looks good but still be wary of crap getting in between the support pan and the tank and causing rust.

THE DAN, it should be fine, the pan is undercoated and bottom of tank as well.

whoooooohoooooo been a good 1/2 hour I got a call for an estimate right down the road got a call back on an estimate I did about a month ago, small job though, and figured out how I can watch Tree md's contour vids :laugh: ever since I couldn't see um I was on a mission...

Thanks for the constructive critisium on the the pin oak pruning. After I was done, I thought to myself that maybe i took a little to much off on the bottom. I only removed 3 3-4" branches on the tree. One grew right into the telephone lines, the other two pretty much pointed to the ground. There was alot of dead or dying branches on it, which is mostly what i took off. Next time, I will take off less, and step back and look at it as i am doing it.

As far as the winch on the chipper goes. It works pretty good. I used it to drag some pretty big stuff to the chipper on a maple removal the other day. It was well worth the $50 for the winch.

2Tree, I thought the same thing but when on an actual tree its hard to justify all the time to redirect a small inner growth limb especially if it has a weak union. Leaving some temporary water sprouts in the inner canopy will keep the tree from such a sparatic and bushy spring flush, and also helps feed the tree in the hot months when the outer canopy foliage are not feeding.
It is hard to do the ideal 2/3 canopy 1/3 trunk in the real world, and as for the knub you left has a water sprout on it but has a high v atachment, I hate when I do that looks different when you are 1 foot away and then look again from the ground, especially from a bucket, esiar to "feel" for the other guys knubs and miss cuts when i am climbing hard to get all the angles from a bucket. Here we have to paint all the wounds on the oaks so I always ask my ground man "knubs and shiners?" before I move in the tree, problem is I work by myself a lot so back up I go, a lot of mature live oaks here dye back in the inner canopy and I have taken only dead wood and the tree would still look lion tailed, also I got where I wasnt so quick to yank my line outa the tree till I did a walk around too,
Paul

attachment.php

The more experience you get 2Tree, the more you will LEAVE. Make any sense? Looks real good relatively tho.:rock:

As for that stub I mentiones...you were up there to take out a hanger or broken limb (original pict), seems like it would have been easy to get that and my eyes go right to that instead of the nice prune you did.

Just trying to be helpful.

guess I have to say something for post to take

227189d1330772455-pin2-jpg

They'd send us back up for that back in the day (and to paint every cut with you paintpot lol)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back