whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't need any attention from the likes of you or any of the other scabs that post here. Nattering nabobs of negativity are the majority here (bonus points for anyone who can attribute that quote) and if I irritate you then you know who you are.

Psst.. go suck it!! Nobody cares about your old troll ass anyway!!

#### you, BTW!!!

That clear enough for you old man??

Ya, tough crowd, bann me now.. whatever..

Thanks 101 for the sentiment. She was very lucky, many don't survive such a rollover. Three small spinal fractures, sore shoulder (possible rotator cuff injury) and numerous bruises from being battered around.

As to this forum, mostly low class morons as far as I can tell, so I'm not surprised.

Glad she is ok as well. Hope she heals fast, vehicles can be replaced. Even though we razz you on here (to help you i hope) things like that are not a laughing matter.

slaughtered 3 stinking poplars, stumped em, and than the owner asked us to take down 2 dead jack pines, all flop and drops on the road, 10' from the chipper, filled the truck 2x. neighbor took the wood. Another good week! 95% of the weeks trees were poplar! Next week looking good 4 sweet $ jobs lined up, 562 ripping like a mad man! Oh wait that's me!:msp_tongue:

No much help here ...

Glad she is ok as well. Hope she heals fast, vehicles can be replaced. Even though we razz you on here (to help you i hope) things like that are not a laughing matter.

She was shook up pretty bad, but considering what could have happened, both to her and passers by, it was dodging the bullet. As to the "razzing" I think you know it goes much further than that here. A certain element of bullies and thugs has taken over this site and have drug it down to a cesspool of childish moronic rants and personal attacks, which the moderators have ignored for the most part making arboristsite a travesty of the discourse and discussion that should be taking place here.

Last edited:
She was shook up pretty bad, but considering what could have happened, both to her and passers by, it was dodging the bullet. As to the "razzing" I think you know it goes much further than that here. A certain element of bullies and thugs has taken over this site and have drug it down to a cesspool of childish moronic rants and personal attacks, which the moderators have ignored for the most part making arboristsite a travesty of the discourse and discussion that should be taking place here.

You gotta choose to take the high road, man. Rolling around in the mud with mongrels will get ya fleas for sure.
Anyway, hope you do find time to read & learn from some solid tree books. Shigo, Shigo, and more Shigo!

Thank you for the kind words ...

You gotta choose to take the high road, man. Rolling around in the mud with mongrels will get ya fleas for sure.
Anyway, hope you do find time to read & learn from some solid tree books. Shigo, Shigo, and more Shigo!

Right, I try to ignore most and have all but given up on this site, but I come back from time to time just because I won't be bullied, in person or online. I'm just not that good at the Christian tradition of turning the other cheek. I suppose it's one of my many failings.

The tip on Shigo is a great one, and one thing I have learned here is that he is well respected in the field. I've been waiting for the publishers to put his work out as an ePub so I can access it more readily on my iPad (buy AAPL stock!) but even though I emailed the publishers about it they have not put it out in a format I can most use. I'm going to see if I can get the Library (of which I'm a card carrying member) to order it for me, thereby exposing his works to a larger audience of arboriculture enthusiasts.

:mad2:
Attention whore! This is the only thing you've posted lately and you have to use your wifes accident to get some attention, low class indeed:hmm3grin2orange:

Yup, thanks Todd for saying what I did not say. Hey Doug, You post crap and feel left out, so now because your wife rolled over (so you say), makes me feel like you are seeking pity. Pretty lame.
BTW, glad she is all right, un-like you! Moron!
Jeff

Thanks Zale, Pelorus, and you too Rope. She just lost her Father in May and we both think somebody up there was looking out for her.

If was somewhat of a freak accident, while turning around in a friend's driveway not half a mile from home she went down an embankment, took out three sumac trees as she slid down it. I think that the heel of her foot pushed the floor mat up onto the gas pedal as she dug in to try to get it stopped because she said the motor was racing as she tried to stop.

She bounded through a shallow ditch at the bottom, and when she hit the road below with the brakes locked it slewed her sideways leaving skid marks as it started to spin, then she went sideways across a parking area for the local bike trail, hitting a curbstone which flipped her over across the bike path, and then she rolled it three times (leaving a big divot each rotation) out into the local ballpark from left field into center field where she landed on her wheels and the thing took off again, burning tracks in the turf. It stopped upright in right field. She climbed out the shattered window on the driver's side (even though the passenger door still worked) to make her escape.

It's a busy road, and the bike path is usually filled with bicyclists and walkers. Good thing there wasn't a game going on or the parking area would have been filled and the outfield populated with little kids. It could have been much worse. I was up a tree when the call came from the Chief of Police telling me there had been an accident. He assured me she was OK, just being taken via ambulance to the Hospital.

Of course I raced to the scene, just in time to see the Colorado being winched up onto the car hauler. Then to the ER to wait with her for the attending Physician to review her X-rays. When they released her I took her back to the job with me and she helped us clean up so that JohnBoy could go home early to babysit.

I had told him there would be a bonus if he finished the job (trimming three small trees) when I left. When we got back I went up in one of the trees to clear it from the wires (I had told JohnBoy not to go there) and while I was up there I looked down and Carl was raking, Debi was picking up sticks, and JohnBoy was sitting on the cooler smoking a cigarette watching them hustle so he could go home early.

That really teed me off, and I chewed him out pretty good for being a lazy slacker. The next day he didn't show or call, so I fired him for the 9th and last time. Later I found out he cut my newest climbing line, 120' of Imori, and just stuffed it back in the bag. When he called two days later asking about work I told him that he had used up his 9th and last life with me (something I told him when I brought him back after the 8th firing), and that I wan't firing him for the cut rope, but for being a no show, which is what I fired him for all eight other times.

So JohnBoy is history, I'm done with hiring relatives. Three Nephews and a Cousin has shown me that it just doesn't work. Now I'm doing all the climbing again until I find someone who has the right stuff. Anybody over 50 looking for work as a climber?

~ the Aerialist ...

This is crazy!
Doug, do you read or preview what you write? You seem like a cool guy to have a beer with , but when it come's to talking shop?-
Nah, you are ,(not gonna get banned)!
Seriously, low class on the wife thing!!!!!!!
We all care! DOPE!
Maybe stay away longer! Please!
Jeff

I don't need any attention from the likes of you or any of the other scabs that post here. Nattering nabobs of negativity are the majority here (bonus points for anyone who can attribute that quote) and if I irritate you then you know who you are.

Nattering nabobs of negativity....that would be Spiro Agnew.

Actually, everybody was getting along pretty good until you showed up.

AA- you're wife had three small spinal fractures and possible rotator cuff injury along with bruising so you took her to the job site to help finish? That is cold.

I seriously don't even read that crap anymore! I think that old #### lost me somewhere back there when he started with the bold font lettering crap... kinda hurts my eyes/head! So I really don't even bother paying all that much attention anymore. Lol.

Took out 2 white pines and a norway spruce. 2 trucks, 3 groundies. Had 3 neighbors come over. 1 wanted a load of chips and a price for some dead trees. The nextdoor neighbor came over for a price for some pruning plus a white pine in his backyard... told him $700 we would do it as soon as we are finished on the current job, if I have to come back it would be WELL over $1,000. He bailed out... gonna wait. Another neighbor came out, I have a brush pile... Ok $100 we will do it before we leave... but I have to turn the truck around to do so. He comes out with the money, I go to turn the truck around... on my way back to the pile he comes out, my wife hired somebody else. I had to give him his money back... I was MAD... especially seeing how it sucked to turn the truck around. Got the guys on their way home, and had to stop at a client's house. She wants all the patios blown off Friday afternoons... PITA, but she pays NO problem. Get over there figuring nobody would be there... yet. Daughter was there with some of her friends... WOW! I love bikini days.

Back