whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to an awesome holiday party yesterday. Today I picked up junk logs from the sawmill and got rid of them... in the process bashed my foot with a log that got away from me. Checked on my chipper at the dealer.. maybe autofeed? When I got home I found that my new sweatshirts and t-shirts had finally arrived... look good.

Took out an uprooted mulberry leaning on a house and replaced it with a 24" avocado. The tree was $400! Most expensive 24" I have ever bought. Wicked heavy too (soil was decomposed granite). We had to take apart the fence to roll in through with my log cart. HO is another hollywood producer that has money to burn. He wanted a 36" but it would have been impossible due to no crane or skid steer access. Apparently the 36" avocados weigh about 1500 pounds.

Gaysadei's Pee Service?

I see you swapped out the tires, looks good. How much are looking to get for the BFG's

Thanks. I traded the old tires in on these, they gave me $300 for em. Ended up paying $800 cash out of pocket for the new ones. Not bad.

Done spending for a while now!! Lol. Gotta find some trees to kill... losing my mind already!!

Its a slop fest out there which is just as well this time of year. I was going to go to the gym but got stuck at the store buying a bow then was blasting on my Mossberg for a bit. Sure irritated the guys with the Glocks. Now my arm is throbbing and I have a headache. All this prep work for the 21'st is taking a toll on me and my wallet. Its been quite awhile since I shot a bow but as long as I ignore all the fancy smancy crap they put on them these days I can hit paper.

What kind of bow you get? Though I don't hunt no more, I still like to shoot my bow. I still use a recurve and never liked those compounds to much. I have a vintage Bear. 55lb pull. a great bow. I am amazed at all the,''accessories,''they have for compound bows. I'm still of the Zen school on bow shooting.

Just got a couple older Ben Pearson recurves myself a 60" + 64" both 40#. I've never really shot any bows before, just wanted something to do and got my daughter into it. Didn't realize everything else you need to get going and setup, correct arrows, strings/setup, accessories etc.... Got a target setup in my back woods, fun stuff.

What kind of bow you get? Though I don't hunt no more, I still like to shoot my bow. I still use a recurve and never liked those compounds to much. I have a vintage Bear. 55lb pull. a great bow. I am amazed at all the,''accessories,''they have for compound bows. I'm still of the Zen school on bow shooting.

Hoyt Raptor... used. I'll post some pics. I was shooting a little this morning now I am painting the spare bedroom... cause that's where I will be sleepin when my wife finds out how much I recently spent on toys. I was about to snatch myself a 1000 dollar crossbow.

Last edited:
Hoyt Raptor... used. I'll post some pics. I was shooting a little this morning now I am painting the spare bedroom... cause that's where I will be sleepin when my wife finds out how much I recently spent on toys. I was about to snatch myself a 1000 dollar crossbow.

The odd thing about crossbows is they don't have the killing power and don't shoot as flat as a coumpound bow, range is no better either. The benefit is being cocked and locked at all times, which is offset by the slow follow up shot, poor manueverability and carry.

That said, buy one, they're great!

Went to the job site and was all stoked to try my new GRCS, then realized that there was a 6' chain link fence between the trunk and the landing zone.:msp_mad:

With just the two of us, it would have been impossible to use, so we ended removing the limbs in much smaller pieces.

My new toy will have to wait for another day. :msp_tongue:

Aerial rescue training this morning, and doing some hydro line clearing this afternoon at a cottage nearby. At least its a bit warmer than yesterday here. Was -16 in the morning! Brrrrr. Rocko if your in the area today we can swap out our rescue dummy for you! If your lucky we'll even let you hang in the tree upside down for an hour while we make fun of you:msp_wink: Oh wait your probably busy hanging Christmas tree lights:dizzy:

Aerial rescue training this morning, and doing some hydro line clearing this afternoon at a cottage nearby. At least its a bit warmer than yesterday here. Was -16 in the morning! Brrrrr. Rocko if your in the area today we can swap out our rescue dummy for you! If your lucky we'll even let you hang in the tree upside down for an hour while we make fun of you:msp_wink: Oh wait your probably busy hanging Christmas tree lights:dizzy:

Reeoww.. hiss, hiss!! Simmer down, Sugarbush!! :laugh:

Talk about bored out my mind!! Been up since 3:30 this am. Driving around this morning I saw a couple of the older, 30 plus year tree services out. Kinda pisses me off, but then I get that they've put their time in. All I got is a couple gay pruning jobs that I don't even feel like doing. Enter the crappy (or should I say one of the crappy parts) part of tree service owning: watching my bank account dwindle, just as it was getting good. And #### Santa too!! Just saying. :msp_sneaky:

Talk about bored out my mind!! Been up since 3:30 this am. Driving around this morning I saw a couple of the older, 30 plus year tree services out. Kinda pisses me off, but then I get that they've put their time in. All I got is a couple gay pruning jobs that I don't even feel like doing. Enter the crappy (or should I say one of the crappy parts) part of tree service owning: watching my bank account dwindle, just as it was getting good. And #### Santa too!! Just saying. :msp_sneaky:

You better watch out
You better not cry

Cause Santa Clause is ####ing yer mom!

Now you can sing it to! Lets go caroling! We could change the lyrics to all the songs and go knocking on people's doors.

You could also run through your client list and drum up some work. I hit up a couple people, I called and asked. I have a couple nice tree jobs but am waiting til the holidays pass and am catching up on doing odds and ends around the house. It also sounds like you need a plow.

I was pretty much up all night to, just woke up. Going to split a little wood and drop some off at Peabody's and he also asked me to blow his leaves into the woods.

I saw a couple houses that obviously hired someone to install Christmas lights.

Last edited:

I think we found a new job for MDS, "Rescue dummy" with his rainbow shirt on and a 30pk of Bud on his harness..lol

Bucket truck broke down on the way to the job today. And the day hasn't gotten any better. One thing after another. Had to drop the chipper and limp the truck home at 10 mph. It just wants to spit and spudder when I give it gas but only between 2000 and 3000 rpms. Below and above those rpms its OK.

Bucket truck broke down on the way to the job today. And the day hasn't gotten any better. One thing after another. Had to drop the chipper and limp the truck home at 10 mph. It just wants to spit and spudder when I give it gas but only between 2000 and 3000 rpms. Below and above those rpms its OK.

If you can get a gauge on the fuel pressure , drive it and see if it drops. Maybe an injector is cutting out at high load. The cat is not clogged?

Latest posts

Back