whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished those two removals by noon yesterday. The job went pretty smooth except for the 066 wouldn't idle, and when it died was hard as heck to start. I'd have to tie in with my climbing line and hang side ways off the stick to get the leverage to start it. That wore me out, the tree not that bad.
There was a old historic building that use to be a cafe in the 30s(and no I never ate there)and the stone retaining wall on one side, and houses on the other. Culter pines have big long limbs and are a pain. I used my new husky 5/8 pink rope, sweet. Each time I dropped a chunk the cat had to come in with the grapple to remove it. That made the job last longer. Didn't nothen get hurt or broke, was a good day. I'd tell you about the weather, but I don't want to piss no one off. I also gaffed up the second one, Can I be a real climber now? Here are a few random pics I took with my new iphone of the job.View attachment 265963View attachment 265964View attachment 265967View attachment 265968View attachment 265969

Good job Beast:msp_thumbup:

I finished those two removals by noon yesterday. The job went pretty smooth except for the 066 wouldn't idle, and when it died was hard as heck to start. I'd have to tie in with my climbing line and hang side ways off the stick to get the leverage to start it. That wore me out, the tree not that bad.
There was a old historic building that use to be a cafe in the 30s(and no I never ate there)and the stone retaining wall on one side, and houses on the other. Culter pines have big long limbs and are a pain. I used my new husky 5/8 pink rope, sweet. Each time I dropped a chunk the cat had to come in with the grapple to remove it. That made the job last longer. Didn't nothen get hurt or broke, was a good day. I'd tell you about the weather, but I don't want to piss no one off. I also gaffed up the second one, Can I be a real climber now? Here are a few random pics I took with my new iphone of the job.View attachment 265963View attachment 265964View attachment 265967View attachment 265968View attachment 265969

Nice job, nice pics, nice day!
Jeff

So much for showers today, its been raining since 9am and we can't leave because all the homeowners moved there cars for us to come thru! So now we gotta suffer with soggy asses .

Not a particularly good day today. Called this one scum bag on my way in this morning... he owes me for grinding stumps and some other stuff. He said that for me to get paid I had to come back and clean up everything, but he won't pay any extra. Bastard owes me $500 for grinding, I figure the clean-up is worth at LEAST that much... and he expects me to bring in topsoil to fill in the holes. I'm gonna let him keep the money, and will give him free wood for a while to satisfy my own pride. The guy did say he wants wood after all.

After that fiasco I met up with my greenhorn groundie and we took out a DEAD sugar maple for a friend of mine. The kid did alright... often times I have my doubts about him, but the last couple of days I've been impressed, the kid is picking up the knots and various other bits... still green, but maybe he'll be less so in another year or two. Sadly we got rained out on the job, so the two of us went to the bar that my friend owns and had a pretty sweet lunch on the house.

Not a particularly good day today. Called this one scum bag on my way in this morning... he owes me for grinding stumps and some other stuff. He said that for me to get paid I had to come back and clean up everything, but he won't pay any extra. Bastard owes me $500 for grinding, I figure the clean-up is worth at LEAST that much... and he expects me to bring in topsoil to fill in the holes. I'm gonna let him keep the money, and will give him free wood for a while to satisfy my own pride. The guy did say he wants wood after all.

After that fiasco I met up with my greenhorn groundie and we took out a DEAD sugar maple for a friend of mine. The kid did alright... often times I have my doubts about him, but the last couple of days I've been impressed, the kid is picking up the knots and various other bits... still green, but maybe he'll be less so in another year or two. Sadly we got rained out on the job, so the two of us went to the bar that my friend owns and had a pretty sweet lunch on the house.

You lost me at " ... and will give him free wood...":msp_confused:

2day..

removed a birch, pruned a crape, did some hedge work, planted a crab and a jap cherry, listened to the clients wife talk my ear off... then the husband came home and told her to stay out of the wine cabinet....got the check and got the #### out..

Yeah but you said he is a scum bag and is jerking you off.

Yes. I did this about 11? years ago... guy wanted wood to split for firewood... he burned me on something, so we dumped (2) triaxles of 3'+ diameter sugar maple logs on the side of his driveway.

Yes. I did this about 11? years ago... guy wanted wood to split for firewood... he burned me on something, so we dumped (2) triaxles of 3'+ diameter sugar maple logs on the side of his driveway.

Gotcha. I see how your ass was covered now since he said he wanted it.

Back