whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First day using the new deere. I'm a lot happier with how much more use I can get out of it over skid loaders. Rained all night and did very little turf damage. Been taking down ash trees left and right probably over 50 on the property in the photos alone in the next few days.

6egade9e.jpg

uharuju6.jpg

e3upytez.jpg

y6ysa6at.jpg

My chipper started acting up yesterday, so I brought it in to the dealer for them to check out. Today I got stuck doing put it on the ground jobs. First was some uproots that needed to be cut up and felled, nothing too special. After that we went to a house I spent almost 2 weeks at this summer. 1 red maple had a big piece hung up over the fence... I was NOT a happy camper when it took over 2 hrs to get it down safely from the ground. Got 1 uprooted ash tree down from the ground... very happy about that one. Had another red maple with a BIG hanger, easy as pie. I put in a bid on a JD tractor a little over a week ago... heard that the seller is giving it serious consideration. Hope it pays off. MDS, what hp is your tractor?

My chipper started acting up yesterday, so I brought it in to the dealer for them to check out. Today I got stuck doing put it on the ground jobs. First was some uproots that needed to be cut up and felled, nothing too special. After that we went to a house I spent almost 2 weeks at this summer. 1 red maple had a big piece hung up over the fence... I was NOT a happy camper when it took over 2 hrs to get it down safely from the ground. Got 1 uprooted ash tree down from the ground... very happy about that one. Had another red maple with a BIG hanger, easy as pie. I put in a bid on a JD tractor a little over a week ago... heard that the seller is giving it serious consideration. Hope it pays off. MDS, what hp is your tractor?

and mds can you show me a picture of your forks....and what about a clam style bucket to actually grab brush and logs with these little guys? have you seen or heard?
we just got a brand new Kabota 33hp for 16k . (for the farm) Its not a deere but sure is nice.

I keep hearing different numbers on the HP of my tractor. I looked it up this am and found 43hp, loader is rated to lift 2350 lbs (full height). I get more than that out of it though. @ AJ, I can't post pics anymore, the powers that be switched it up so many times, that I finally gave up!! Lol. I'll stick to sharpening chainsaws and drinking beer, things I'm more familiar with. :laugh:

Oh, and I have the Bradco forks, think they were like $1150. They seem to be holding up fine.

Another day of listening to the splitter hum away out there. Lardio, I was thinking of you earlier, my boy is out there busting up those oak logs from that tree we did (the $3700 day). I was kind and ripped them down the middle with the 395 for him.

Also another day of the Camry. I gotta be honest, it doesn't shift at quite 6500 rpm's, probably more like 6250. Lol. Hey, get my ####ing truck already!! #######s. God, I need some takedowns!!!

I keep hearing different numbers on the HP of my tractor. I looked it up this am and found 43hp, loader is rated to lift 2350 lbs (full height). I get more than that out of it though. @ AJ, I can't post pics anymore, the powers that be switched it up so many times, that I finally gave up!! Lol. I'll stick to sharpening chainsaws and drinking beer, things I'm more familiar with. :laugh:

Oh, and I have the Bradco forks, think they were like $1150. They seem to be holding up fine.

Ah crap I can't load pics with my phone. This ain't right ....this ain't right at all. Well I was dreaming of a 3rd ram for a thumb to grip brush. At 35 im to lazy to get off the seat.

The machine I am looking at is around 32 I think. 115 hrs, homeowner machine, backhoe, snowblower and grader box. I offered 10, and he can keep the blower and grader box to sell privately.

Ah crap I can't load pics with my phone. This ain't right ....this ain't right at all. Well I was dreaming of a 3rd ram for a thumb to grip brush. At 35 im to lazy to get off the seat.

There are graple rake things you can get pretty reasonable. I just use the forks for feeding brush and tops. Works good once you get the hang of it. Two pins and I'm back to the bucket. Most times wood is moved with chains and the hook on the bucket.

Treeman, 32 hp is okay I guess. I dont think it would be quite enough for the way I like to use mine. I find myself at max lift, loading logs in 11' lengths fairly often. Amazing how fast a trunk goes like that! Sometimes I have to lurch (is that a word?) the machine forward while holding the loader control back to lift. It'll usually go.

Hp compared to lifting capabilities can very. We also just got...when step granny died, a little 4x4 kabota it gos right into back yards no problem. I can't use our big one on 90% of the tree work I get. That little turd lifts almost as much as the big one. Its a b7000. I have to put 2x50lb pieces of steel on the back with our big anvil to stop the front end from diving. It really needs some turf tires though. Pics are cumn

AND LET ME PUT DOWN WHAT I DIDN'T TO TODAY......UPLOAD ANY PICTURES FROM MY SO CALLED SMART PHONE.......HELP. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. .....its a droid 3

B4 I was just clicking on the paperclip job at the top. Then that when arai so I started using the " manage attachment" thingy bob. Then I took the hard copy of the pic and used my axe to beat it into the screen and now im out of options.

Last edited:
I finished those two removals by noon yesterday. The job went pretty smooth except for the 066 wouldn't idle, and when it died was hard as heck to start. I'd have to tie in with my climbing line and hang side ways off the stick to get the leverage to start it. That wore me out, the tree not that bad.
There was a old historic building that use to be a cafe in the 30s(and no I never ate there)and the stone retaining wall on one side, and houses on the other. Culter pines have big long limbs and are a pain. I used my new husky 5/8 pink rope, sweet. Each time I dropped a chunk the cat had to come in with the grapple to remove it. That made the job last longer. Didn't nothen get hurt or broke, was a good day. I'd tell you about the weather, but I don't want to piss no one off. I also gaffed up the second one, Can I be a real climber now? Here are a few random pics I took with my new iphone of the job.View attachment 265963View attachment 265964View attachment 265967View attachment 265968View attachment 265969

Back