whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Operation Eviction - Great Success, Booted my brother in law out of one of our houses. Dirt Bag Mother ####er. Screws his own parents real bad, so we had to get involved and make it legal. Si Ya Nara ya Bastage. He was keeping his tool box in my garage, as he had no place for it. Wanted to keep it in there and I almost let him, till we got a notice from the city that they put a lien on the house for a unpaid garbage and sewer bill. Den I was like "Get that **** out......now" We watched as he was forced to lay it on its back to get it in the truck. Could hear everything spilling, LOL! He is in a 3rd floor apt now, have fun with that box and those stairs.

Off to a elm removal today, old Jarhead, had the job before I even bid it.

Matt, good on ya for being there for him. Probably would have been bad if you were not there. He could have bled out. Seen wounds like that before, just not from a saw. I had to use my rifle sling as a tourniquet before, now I wear a belt all the time, even with shorts, as ya never know when it could be needed. Something simple like that can and has saved lives.

How to Apply a Tourniquet: 11 Steps - wikiHow

Great question. The four pin holes (5/8") were placed after this pic.
I'm not really used to having my welding prowess questioned, but on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I'd say I'm at least a 2.5 or better :)

2.5 does not come under the heading of "prowess"- never weld more in the morning than you can grind off in the afternoon.

2.5 does not come under the heading of "prowess"- never weld more in the morning than you can grind off in the afternoon.

True. And have to do more welding this afternoon. Had a flat on the Allis and saw the rim is cracked. I'd rather be working making money, than maintenance that costs money :(.

True. And have to do more welding this afternoon. Had a flat on the Allis and saw the rim is cracked. I'd rather be working making money, than maintenance that costs money :(.[/ and you were critiquing my weld with the slag still on it ! Shame on you .....

LOL! Couldn't tell if that was slag, or just your bead :)

Today was a nice easy day. We removed a kentucky coffeetree and ripped out some spirea bushes with the mini. The coffee tree seems like a nice tree if you dont mind the pods.

So, the Allis blew a tire. Had to be a 2 mile walk to the shop. Went and trimmed off some nice size Pecan limbs to clear up a Dish signal, then off to rescue Old Allis. Grabbed a jack and a coldie, hopped in the ranger and threw gravel. Pulled the wheel, welded the cracked rim (glad I noticed it), and the unit is back in service. Then went on two bid calls, got em both. Sent up a prayer, grabbed another coldie and calling it a day. View attachment 302772
View attachment 302773
View attachment 302774
View attachment 302775
View attachment 302776

Removed two pines to day with the KB crane. Small one we picked up in one lift. The other was out past the booms reach for getting the top half. So we ran a bull line through the hook, put a loop on it and I took out the long branches on slings, hooking them to the loop in the bull line. I would hook and cut 10 or so limbs at a time to the rope, then have the Operator pull them out. After removing maybe 25 ft of pine like this, we were able to take rest of it in three picks with a cable.
It was over a 100 today and the sun kicked my ass. I had to stump grind the pine stumps with the man powered stump grinder. I'd forgot how hard it is with out those hydraulics doing the work, add doing it in the direct sun it was brutal.
At lest I didn't have to pull/push it to the stumps.View attachment 302793View attachment 302794

Getting my butt handed to me on this stupid elm. Get into it, clear all the epi's going nuts thru the center, see that the perfect spot for rigging is unusable, split and nasty. Wet wood infection extruding all kinds of slim. So spreading my loads with 2 blocks. Have a real small LZ, but could bomb brush like mad, until the wind started kicking up. Out of now where, 30-40mph gust, weather said 15mph? So then I find myself rigging itty bity stuff so the guys can control it in the wind and we could keep working, suuuuuuucked. In between to 3/4 mil homes with both home owners there watching every move we make, tons of manicured landscape. I planned on 2 days, rigging this thing out and pruning a large walnut. Hope this morning goes good, because I am tired of it already. This would have been a good one for a crane, up and over. Too bad the only good crane out fit here wont do trees.

I felt awful even taking these pics
y6e7ysan.jpg
sujyva4e.jpg
bumazume.jpg
the guy on the ladder was at least 70 the guy on the rope was missing a hand and the guy holding the ladder was scared ####less since in the 15 minutes we watched he was whacked 2xs , I asked to help and they politely declined I offered again as we ate lunch and he declined again .... So what can I do ? Take a few pics I guess and remember Doug almost took a leg off

Well yesterday, after dropping my chitlin off at day camp, I watched TV til around 11 then I crawed back into bed and slept til 4 listening to the rain pound the roof. Then I went food shopping and on the way home I noticed one of my neighbors decided to get a Penske van stuck in her front yard so I carefully pulled it out. I had to remove some minor pieces around the main cross member so I get a strap on it. She asked if my truck was powerful... Lady, it says Power Wagon right on it and I couldn't take the 50 bucks she offered though that would have covered the gas.

Today, after dropping my chitlin off at day camp I hit the bullet store and bought my ration for the day then came home, got on my hands and knees and scrubbed some floor til I couldn't take it anymore.

I did load up for tomorrow as it seems I have to drive my rattrap tree mobile to Landsdale for a little pin oak mayhem. A few trees BUT major dead only and we are not going up all the way. I mean, why bother? You'll strain yer neck looking up that high is what I tell my clients and their bankbooks sure do appreciate it cause Lawd knows what'll take me to mess around in the tops of one of those damnable trees and I am sure they would rather not pay it.

ARE YOU FELLERS TRYING TO SHAME THIS POOR BASTARD INTO NECKIN HIMSELF OR SOMETHING
IM NOT GETTIN UP YOU AT ALL BUT YOU ARE ORFULL HARD ON HIM
Oh sorry for the big print Im not shouting but Im not retyping it either :laugh:

Yes, we fellers were doing just that. And what? We were wrong to do so? Sure everybody had a laugh, some people got there trees done real cheap and Matt has an experience that will last his lifetime but in reality, well, you see reality right there in full color then don't ya?

Ohhhhhh tree pig , what were you thinking
4abasy5y.jpg

I can remember doing storm work for the big o years ago right in the city of Hartford. We had a police detail everywhere we went, definetly some sketchy hoods, I was standing next to the cop when we heard a gun shot. Now Im from NH, i shoot guns, all my neighbors shoot, ya just know when its close. That cop didnt even flinch, i gave him a baffled look, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what are ya gonna do". I was like wtf?

I can remember doing storm work for the big o years ago right in the city of Hartford. We had a police detail everywhere we went, definetly some sketchy hoods, I was standing next to the cop when we heard a gun shot. Now Im from NH, i shoot guns, all my neighbors shoot, ya just know when its close. That cop didnt even flinch, i gave him a baffled look, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what are ya gonna do". I was like wtf?

I know what ya mean , I did cleanup after a tornado hit Camden NJ 4/5 years ago , we had crackheads beggin for money or a job I would make em throw wood on the truck or a few barrels of rakings for 5 bucks ...... , I have a pic somewhere of a state trooper in full gear, I am hugging him with one arm and holding a saw in the other .......

I know what ya mean , I did cleanup after a tornado hit Camden NJ 4/5 years ago , we had crackheads beggin for money or a job I would make em throw wood on the truck or a few barrels of rakings for 5 bucks ...... , I have a pic somewhere of a state trooper in full gear, I am hugging him with one arm and holding a saw in the other .......

Hahaha I almost forgot about the crackheads! The CL&P office in hartford is directly across thw street from a drug rehab center, well they were rehabbing s*** there cause we had crackheads knockin on the windows of the trks all night begging for $. I kinda thought it was funny we had to keep the boxes locked all the time, I mean like wtf are those idiots gonna do with a saw, u know they cant start it, let alone know there value. Somebody would be getting a 200T for $50

I felt awful even taking these pics
y6e7ysan.jpg
sujyva4e.jpg
bumazume.jpg
the guy on the ladder was at least 70 the guy on the rope was missing a hand and the guy holding the ladder was scared ####less since in the 15 minutes we watched he was whacked 2xs , I asked to help and they politely declined I offered again as we ate lunch and he declined again .... So what can I do ? Take a few pics I guess and remember Doug almost took a leg off
I love taking pics like this. A few years ago, we had a pretty good storm. My buddy had a rental with a tree down, so we went to take care of it. I could hear saws going everywhere around, took a look and it was bubba hack heaven. Went home, cleaned up, grabbed son and wife. Went back and walked up to them with my son in tow (wife was just the driver, needed her car, ya know, undercover!) and acted like I was amazed at what they where doing, asked them what happened, what they are doing and told them that we where just amazed watching them. Asked a couple of them how they where going to do some of the stuff. The answers where epic! Asked if I could take pics, they thought that was cool. So here I am, in hackville, walking among the turds, taking pics. Got some good ones too. Got a BIG FAT guy riding the outside of a bucket, no gear of lanyard. Maybe 40ft up. Between him and the dude in the bucket, maybe 500lbs, how much can they hold! Another dude wearing nutin but daisy dukes and boots, feeding a chipper, same dude and his partner sawin and a drinkin. It was crazy. Watched a dude peel a oak all the way to the ground, about 8" wide. Got another pic of another big fatty, just shorts, but the hip hop kind that really should be called capri's with all the weird dragon pictures on it. Saggin his drawers, no underwear, sweaty as hell with his nasty aas hangin out draggin brush next to a main road. People driving by where screaming **** at him. It was so funny. Seen a bubba last night while doing bids, magnets on the side, something Tree Service. Could have been those dudes you seen, same deal, a ladder, 2 guys, no clue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back