whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a brush truck today. 95 F800 cummins auto 110k on the clock dumping hi side twin piston. Peterson lighting loader. So much for that boat I was looking at......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now all we need is some hurricanes.

tomorrow got a $4k of eab treatments and 1 nice fertilization job day set up with bout 4 hun in materials. backing up mass tree jobs while doing this stuff.

Thanks for the thought....i'm doing fine and its healing well and feeling better but is still a little swollen. I'm going back to work next Monday. The dog is back with the owners now and not sure whats gonna happen there but i have a lawyer and he's gonna handle everything.

Glad to hear you didn't get bit. Yeah i agree some dog owners should be euthanized with the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you really got tore up!

One time I was off to look at a job, the two HO's were standing in the drive with their mastiff which charged me as I got out of my car. They just stood there while it came and lunged at me. I was looking them right in the face while I pummeled their dog, when I was done I ask which tree they wanted me to look at.

I am not beyond getting blindsided but I am one of those nervous guys who needs to know what every rustle in the wind is.

And, not to brag, I am pretty good at fighting dogs. Most just run away if you holler and go after them. Pitbulls? That's why I have the little handgun in my pocket.

Never fought a Pitbull, sounds a little tricky but even so most dogs are used to being submissive to humans.

What makes me want to fight dogs is, well, its fun and I really get very angry when I am coming to someone's property and they watch their dog attack me like I am going to be OK with it and not try to kill it.

Sometimes the dog is friendly but still will jump on you, right in the nuts. I don't think that is very funny. I usually grab the dog by its paws and squeeze til it yelps. That's how I trained my dog not to jump on people.

The mastiff I mentioned was actually friendly, just jumping from excitement but I felt I had to make point to the HO's that its not proper to let yer bull mastiff jump on strangers and that I wasn't somebody to toss it off and say " that's OK" just because I wanted to work for them.

Anyway, a point I would like to make is that if you are afraid of the dog that is understandable but don't be afraid to fight a dog because you think the HO will think you are impolite. I wouldn't hesitate on bashing a dog in the head with my metal clipboard while the HO watched.

I used to think of squirrels as just tree rats, but I raised two litters from infants in the last couple of years. They are really affectionate, playful pets. I even had them house-trained.

I also turned them loose outdoors. This last winter was rather cold; they don't seem to have survived outside, despite the fact that we kept food out for them all the time. The call of the wild was too great for them to come in out of the cold.

Even though I no longer despise them, the squirrels are still funny to watch.

we cut a tree down 3 weeks ago and pulled out three babies with there eyes closed and there living with my boss right now.
but seeing the adults fall was still pretty funny.

Well been going crazy busy here so my dad came out to help out on a few jobs, I have 2 crews running and I run the lift! He likes to help when help is needed! Second photo, any if you dudes get your bucket trucks in a back yard like this ? Probably not a smart idea to climb this? 10' from the house 65' tall. Went old school as my mini skid was at another job, the stein arbor trolley was awesome moving all this wood!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 64
Yeah, you really got tore up!

One time I was off to look at a job, the two HO's were standing in the drive with their mastiff which charged me as I got out of my car. They just stood there while it came and lunged at me. I was looking them right in the face while I pummeled their dog, when I was done I ask which tree they wanted me to look at.

I am not beyond getting blindsided but I am one of those nervous guys who needs to know what every rustle in the wind is.

And, not to brag, I am pretty good at fighting dogs. Most just run away if you holler and go after them. Pitbulls? That's why I have the little handgun in my pocket.

Never fought a Pitbull, sounds a little tricky but even so most dogs are used to being submissive to humans.

What makes me want to fight dogs is, well, its fun and I really get very angry when I am coming to someone's property and they watch their dog attack me like I am going to be OK with it and not try to kill it.

Sometimes the dog is friendly but still will jump on you, right in the nuts. I don't think that is very funny. I usually grab the dog by its paws and squeeze til it yelps. That's how I trained my dog not to jump on people.

The mastiff I mentioned was actually friendly, just jumping from excitement but I felt I had to make point to the HO's that its not proper to let yer bull mastiff jump on strangers and that I wasn't somebody to toss it off and say " that's OK" just because I wanted to work for them.

Anyway, a point I would like to make is that if you are afraid of the dog that is understandable but don't be afraid to fight a dog because you think the HO will think you are impolite. I wouldn't hesitate on bashing a dog in the head with my metal clipboard while the HO watched.

Im healing pretty good but if the owners can't provide proof of rabies shot by Friday i have to get a series of rabies shots and thats gonna suck.

fake on top of the head and grab them under on the neck and game pretty much over hopefully. 2 doggies and you got troubles.

Its a war zone out there!
Yes, two dogs will leave you tired, out of breath and a little bloody... but its worth it!

I dunno, I have never lost and its kinda just a theory but if a dog is not trained to fight then its usually doesn't take to long before it realizes it doesn't like being beaten and runs away.

Even a trained watchdog or police dog is not really trained to fight. Attack yes, but not fight. Pitbulls are fighters.

I kinda fancy myself taking on a pack of wolves.

Larger dogs seem easier to fight, they have longer legs, get ahold of one of them and fling the animal into the ground. Get ahold of both front legs as its lunging, you can really hurt it by spreading their legs laterally.

The lunge is really the only thing a dog can do, that is pretty much their only technique. When they are lunging they are open.

Still, don't know if I am ready for a pitbull.

There is also pepper spray if you don't want to have a gun, straight blade or truncheon. Its real out there.

Im healing pretty good but if the owners can't provide proof of rabies shot by Friday i have to get a series of rabies shots and thats gonna suck.

If anybody got the rabies its probably the poor dog that got it from you.

Well been going crazy busy here so my dad came out to help out on a few jobs, I have 2 crews running and I run the lift! He likes to help when help is needed! Second photo, any if you dudes get your bucket trucks in a back yard like this ? Probably not a smart idea to climb this? 10' from the house 65' tall. Went old school as my mini skid was at another job, the stein arbor trolley was awesome moving all this wood!

I would have to hook that arbor trolley up to a lawn tractor, quadrunner or something like that. Then we would really be cooking!

But you need a cdl if the trailer is over 10k, right?

Unless the chipper has a title and is required to have a license plate, it is considered machinery, not "trailer". Without a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating GVWR for Mr.DOT to cite, he cannot give you a ticket for an over 10K machine. The actual weight is irrelevant, the only thing that counts on a CDL requirement is the GVWR.

Its a war zone out there!
Yes, two dogs will leave you tired, out of breath and a little bloody... but its worth it!

I dunno, I have never lost and its kinda just a theory but if a dog is not trained to fight then its usually doesn't take to long before it realizes it doesn't like being beaten and runs away.

Even a trained watchdog or police dog is not really trained to fight. Attack yes, but not fight. Pitbulls are fighters.

I kinda fancy myself taking on a pack of wolves.

Larger dogs seem easier to fight, they have longer legs, get ahold of one of them and fling the animal into the ground. Get ahold of both front legs as its lunging, you can really hurt it by spreading their legs laterally.

The lunge is really the only thing a dog can do, that is pretty much their only technique. When they are lunging they are open.

Still, don't know if I am ready for a pitbull.

There is also pepper spray if you don't want to have a gun, straight blade or truncheon. Its real out there.

Yeah I would have liked nothing better than to drive the corner of my clipboard into that dogs head but he was quick! Little ****er was in and out and circling the whole time, I was yelling at him and hand raised but he wasn't backing off at all. Unfortunately got a bum leg right now so I couldn't exactly attack him either, was just hoping I wouldn't end up on the ground.

Unless the chipper has a title and is required to have a license plate, it is considered machinery, not "trailer". Without a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating GVWR for Mr.DOT to cite, he cannot give you a ticket for an over 10K machine. The actual weight is irrelevant, the only thing that counts on a CDL requirement is the GVWR.
Well the new chippers come with a Vin tag just like trailers that has all there info on them including the weight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tomorrow got a $4k of eab treatments and 1 nice fertilization job day set up with bout 4 hun in materials. backing up mass tree jobs while doing this stuff.

That's one thing I haven't started messing with yet. Huge money in it as you have pointed out...

Back