whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to think of squirrels as just tree rats, but I raised two litters from infants in the last couple of years. They are really affectionate, playful pets. I even had them house-trained.

I also turned them loose outdoors. This last winter was rather cold; they don't seem to have survived outside, despite the fact that we kept food out for them all the time. The call of the wild was too great for them to come in out of the cold.

Even though I no longer despise them, the squirrels are still funny to watch.

Some more climbing today, a little tomorrow too. I gotta say, I've probably done more climbing already this year than I did all last year. Feels good. I'm actually starting to feel like my old self again.

It's 10,012 lbs with the rear jacks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Is your bucket under weight?

I have enough troubles finding one cdl driver, the thought of needing two cdl's makes me cringe. I realize you have yours, but still, finding good help is hard enough, throw in the cdl requirement, and it can really be a pita.

No my bucket is a cdl truck but my chip truck is under cdl. The kid I hired is working on getting his cdl permit cause I told him i would give him a $1 more a hour if he gets it.

Technical but I am not gonna stress over 12 lbs. In pa chippers are considered agricultural so nobody really says anything. No licence plate required. No inspections

Siberian cut on Discovery.

Remember when there were some guys trolling through here looking for guys to go to Siberia. It was a company named RAW tv out of England. I was contacted a bunch of times and did multiple Skype interviews with the producers. I ended up bowing out after looking deeper into the situation. North Korea is doing crazy stuff there. Watch VICE on YouTube
"North Korean labor camps".
The Russians have been in trouble for logging the area. The forest is not sustainable. Trees are extremely old and not renewable. IKEA has been in trouble for accepting the wood.
With the problems were having now with Russia I'm glad I didn't say ok.
LOL, I remember you talking to them, then I seen the preview last night and thought of you, was wondering what happened with that.

Had a couple small removals yesterday, the neighbor dude kept a watchful eye ALL DAY to make sure we did not set one foot onto his property. So I made sure to get REAL close every chance I could get and watch him freak out. Old buzzard that had nothing better to do. What a butt nugget.

I had one of those couple of weeks ago. Our HO was very intimidated by him. He lightened up when he saw how precise we were with everything we did but we had to take all brush completely around the opposite whole length of the house to the driveway. Arrrgh.

Hazard tree day today. Twisted up silver maple, 100 feet away, 3 phase between me and the drop zone.
emaba9yv.jpg

y5y8yhy6.jpg

netezane.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I have worn out 4 fanno saw blades for the pole in the last 2 weeks ! But today I fired up the climbing saw and did a real whopper of a removal
pazy3y9e.jpg
I feel like such a ***** but my shoulders are ripped from the pole pruner lol

Back