whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thur. for first time in a while no tiptoeing on a golf course esque yard. Nice hood but yard was hard and it had WEEDS on it!!! So Dingo pulled over 2 decent size infested ash (using my porty trick). Dingo dragged LEADERS to the road from big front yard, sometimes 3 and 4 HUGE branches and gm and I fed em to the beast. Dingo grabbed huge trunks of wood and right into the 12' dumptrailer, some had to be bottom cut to lay down. Dingo stx stumper zoomed in and in no time both stumps were done and I set up to leave grindings which you have to make sound desirable to the ho...

One real good gm and the swiss army knife of treeman's tools the dingo and don't have to bother with another c list torture episode.

Yes, I was able to do a lot with my old Dingo but never used the hydraulics. It was nice to work with but it killed my hands. Yeah, I was having a problem, mainly in my thumbs.

The tractor is not as quick and agile but more comfortable and will have to get used to it.

well I rode the ball yesterday for the first time and after the first two cuts it became a lot of fun. I only got one of the two trees done due to the back yard filling up and some other issues. pick totals were 1300lbs, 2500lbs, 2800lbs, 4100lbs and the last one was 6300lbs. My crane guy said that it was the heaviest silver maple he has done before. I had fun and it took 3 hours to get the first tree down to just a 52"x10' butt log. Crane guy said I didn't do bad just that I need to get a little more comfortable in the tree. he said whole tree should have been 2 hours tops. Pics will follow when I get them from my customer.

Doesn't sound like that big of a tree I did a silver last week was 52"dbh we came out with a full chip truck and a grapple load n a half of logs so 20 yards of chips is what 8-10k? And idk weight on the logs exactly but call it 15k on one load and 25k on the other?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

No tree I understand that it doesn't sound that big and in all reality it wasn't but for a first time on the ball and the heaviest pick being hollow where I had to cut it is was a little nerve racking considering I have been climbing for 9 months. Like real climbing

No tree I understand that it doesn't sound that big and in all reality it wasn't but for a first time on the ball and the heaviest pick being hollow where I had to cut it is was a little nerve racking considering I have been climbing for 9 months. Like real climbing
Mostly I was referring to ur crane OP saying that was the heaviest silver he's done

I see. And I can't truley speak for him but I am thinking it is due to the fact that the tree had been topped back when and I had 8 yards of chips out of the whole thing

I see. And I can't truley speak for him but I am thinking it is due to the fact that the tree had been topped back when and I had 8 yards of chips out of the whole thing

Ahh gotcha we had one a couple years ago that was storm pruned was 3 stem split 8' off the ground 75' to the breaks and smallest wood was 8" that woulda been one tall mofo think we had 5 yards of suckers to chip I like those trees

Yes, I was able to do a lot with my old Dingo but never used the hydraulics. It was nice to work with but it killed my hands. Yeah, I was having a problem, mainly in my thumbs.

The tractor is not as quick and agile but more comfortable and will have to get used to it.

did a 60 plus bbb mag planting 2 years ago with my auger and 36" bit, which digs a perfect 25 gal container hole. at 6 hun per tree it was over a $36,000.00 job with mass profit on a nice buy on the stock. Also have the hyd ball squeezer (ouch) to move the plants into their holes. plan to dig the holes for the fence on my new property when they ever get done with my access road with a 9" bit.

Ahh gotcha we had one a couple years ago that was storm pruned was 3 stem split 8' off the ground 75' to the breaks and smallest wood was 8" that woulda been one tall mofo think we had 5 yards of suckers to chip I like those trees

It was really nice because all the wood stayed on site where the crane dropped it.

I am have pole pruning and handsaw working for 2 weeks , I'm so bored that tomorrow I may slit my throat , did however just grab these new earphones and the chipper noise has now been reduced to the sound of a bass drum
yzamy3yh.jpg
tuqadetu.jpg

Boss called n said storm is coming fold up head in we fold up I check phone nothing around wtf!! So we need to finish tomorrow :( that Buckthorn that is tagged in orange is 16" fyi
I'll grab a stump shot tomorrow for sure

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399933230414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399933230414.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 33
Boss called n said storm is coming fold up head in we fold up I check phone nothing around wtf!! So we need to finish tomorrow :( that Buckthorn that is tagged in orange is 16" fyi
I'll grab a stump shot tomorrow for sure

Not familiar with Buckthorn, but for some reason I feel as though I can relate. Sounds like it could be a real pita!! lol

Not familiar with Buckthorn, but for some reason I feel as though I can relate. Sounds like it could be a real pita!! lol

Buckthorn is supposed to be like underbrush **** not a tree but around this house everything is big! Its the biggest tangle of thorny **** u can imagine besides Hawthorne

Back