whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a thought out of the clear blue sky. (yes it happens sometimes) Has any one come up with an effective sighting system for a BigShot? And no, duct taping a green laser to the pole is not where Im going with this.

Wow,,what a great week!
Hope next week is too,,flu going around,
I probably started trouble with a guy on FB,
Yeah, spikes don't do no harm,,,,,,dope
If it gets interesting I will link it.
Jeff :barbecue:
Link it anyways....its been slow in here and we need entertainment, maybe we could all jump on him like a pack of wolves :p

Yeah, here I sit waiting for this amazing storm that's supposed to develop by hooking back around from the Atlantic and hit us like Mike Tysono_O Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm all for it.

What'd I do today?

Put my boots on to rescue a senior couple from being pillaged by unscrupulous hacks tryin to over charge for an easy storm damaged removal.image.jpg

jomoco

It has been pretty dead here lately. That is ok, you guys are busy,,,,
So I have a little time to say, 'it was a beautiful day',:)
We might get some early morning drizzle that will freak out 99% of driver's here,,:eek:
So I had a turbo go out on an F-650, (which I hate!!), and fixed in 3 hours,
:crazy2:
My oldest daughter (20 years old), has moved back home with us,
Anyway, I could use a 207hp, C7 Cat diesel motor with no EGR ,,,
Jeff :)

It has been pretty dead here lately. That is ok, you guys are busy,,,,
So I have a little time to say, 'it was a beautiful day',:)
We might get some early morning drizzle that will freak out 99% of driver's here,,:eek:
So I had a turbo go out on an F-650, (which I hate!!), and fixed in 3 hours,
:crazy2:
My oldest daughter (20 years old), has moved back home with us,
Anyway, I could use a 207hp, C7 Cat diesel motor with no EGR ,,,
Jeff :)

Everybody wants you over at The Tards but I know you can't be seen hanging out there although its barrel of monkeys.

Took the boys out to the job I finished so they could grind stumps. Dropped a truck off at the dealership so they could fix the blower fan again. Replaced bearings on a salter. New cutting edge on a plow. And then the boss took me to look at a removal so I had time to think of a way to do it. About a 8 X 8 drop zone for a tree that's 6' in diameter and 120' ( my best guesstimate). Might speed line most of it, but I'm on the hunt for a big crane. I really enjoy the complexities of these kind of removals but it's set up perfect for easy pickens with a crane

Teaching the newb how to run a saw today. Boy...was I on my toes! Close enough to get his attention when I had to but staying far enough away to avoid a chain saw massacre! He only cut for about 20 minutes after lunch but he wore his brand new chaps all afternoon. Finally, at the end of the day, I asked him "So...you gonna wear those things home or what?" :)

Took the boys out to the job I finished so they could grind stumps. Dropped a truck off at the dealership so they could fix the blower fan again. Replaced bearings on a salter. New cutting edge on a plow. And then the boss took me to look a removal so I had time to think of a way to do it. About a 8 X 8 drop zone for a tree that's 6' in diameter and 120' ( my best guesstimate). Might speed line most of it, but I'm on the hunt for a big crane. I really enjoy the complexities of these kind of removals but it's set up perfect for easy pickens with a crane

Crane it!!!!! I have one more 100 ft cottonwood to get out of a trailer park tomorrow. So far I have gotten 7 out. I speed lined most every thing, which is fun, But.... after about number 4 or 5 I was wishin I had a crane.

Vertical speedlines have their place in tightly confined DZ's IME.

jomoco

I know. Not for this situation. Area between tree and nontouchables is from one foot to six feet at the furthest point, on a steep hill. Only open side is a cross slope of about 45 degrees. Just a messed up situation. Not that I know every trick out there but to my knowledge a crane is the only safe way to remove the bottom twenty feet. I'll stop by there again and get some pics.

Latest posts

Back